WE are IN 10th PLACE IN NFC CONFRENCE

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

links18

Reaction score
There should be 3 Wildcard teams, with the bottom 2 teams playing one another on the Wednesday after the season ends. Give the chance for one more deserving team to make a run, but make it very hard to do!!!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
someone put up a link from cbs sports, and they have the cowboys at 9th

and yes since we beat the eagles, we are ahead of them

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that head-to-head wins won't matter if there are three or four teams tied for a wildcard spot. For instance if Dallas, TB, and Chicago are all tied for the last wildcard spot, it will be decided based upon conference victories even though Dallas has beaten TB and TB has beaten Chicago because Dallas and Chicago haven't played. Could be wrong though..

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2411150 said:
I'm pretty sure that head-to-head wins won't matter if there are three or four teams tied for a wildcard spot. For instance if Dallas, TB, and Chicago are all tied for the last wildcard spot, it will be decided based upon conference victories even though Dallas has beaten TB and TB has beaten Chicago because Dallas and Chicago haven't played. Could be wrong though..

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The way I read this, you first try to apply head to head among the teams, so in your scenario Chicago would be eliminated and you'd then go to head-to-head between the remaining teams.

Like you say, I could be wrong, though. Adam?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2411170 said:
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The way I read this, you first try to apply head to head among the teams, so in your scenario Chicago would be eliminated and you'd then go to head-to-head between the remaining teams.

Like you say, I could be wrong, though. Adam?

In a wild-card tiebreaker between three teams, head-to-head applies only if one team has beaten each of the others or has lost to each of the others. If it's between us, Tampa Bay and Chicago, head-to-head wouldn't apply, because we beat Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay beat Chicago, and we don't play Chicago.

I don't see us involved with Chicago in a 10-6 tiebreaker anyway. Green Bay won't go 7-0 the rest of the way, nor will Minnesota go 6-1 the rest of the way. One of them might get to 10-6, but it looks like Chicago would win any tiebreakers for the division title.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The season isn't that bleak. With a win on sunday, we're in great position, we'll be 6-4, tied with washington and either Minnesota or Tampa will lose which helps our case either way. No matter how you look at it though we have to be 8-4 going into December to have a shot at the playoffs. That would probably put us ahead of the rest of the nfc wild card teams going into week 12 (except maybe Tampa who will probably go 3-0 during their stretch)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
bootsy;2410715 said:
We don't need to win out. Do you think all NFC teams ahead of us are going to win out? Here's your answer:NO! There are so much time left and so many factors. Those teams in the NFC South don't have easy schedules. They are all going to play each other at some time between now and the end of the season.
TB has Minn, NO, @CAR, @ATL, and SD as good teams on the schedule.
Carolina has @ATL, @GB, TB, DEN, @NYG, @NO.
ATL has DEN, CAR, @SD, @NO, TB, @MIN.

Nothing easy about any of those schedules.

You're right! BUT we need to win this week against the Skins, period!!!! I don't want to hear that if we lose we are still ok. We're 1-4 in our last 5, we need a win badly and I'm sick of hearing anything past this game by all the Kool Aid drinkers. Thinks about the skins,how to win this game and nothing other right now folks!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2411311 said:
You're right! BUT we need to win this week against the Skins, period!!!! I don't want to hear that if we lose we are still ok. We're 1-4 in our last 5, we need a win badly and I'm sick of hearing anything past this game by all the Kool Aid drinkers. Thinks about the skins,how to win this game and nothing other right now folks!
We're actually 2-3 in our last 5 but your point remains.

Givincer

Reaction score
10th place stinks.

But we had a really stinky team for 3 of our first 9 games, so I'm not that surprised. That team's gone this Sunday when Romo returns.

Johnson went 1-2, Romo went 4-2. Let's assume Romo goes 5-2, at worst, in the remaining 7 games. 10-6 - 12-4 is where I think we'll be finishing. That'll be good enough to get into the playoffs I'm sure.

Honestly, I'm glad turmoil struck so early in the season as opposed to December. Gives me hope for how we'll be playing in December, really.