We are keeping Judd Garrett?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Why? Because it destroys the attempted excuses?

Not with extended family like the Garrett's you don't.

He's never done his job well. And that's why this team's scouting has been crap. Thankfully, he's done along with his brother.

He's still here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? Because it destroys the attempted excuses?

Not with extended family like the Garrett's you don't.

He's never done his job well. And that's why this team's scouting has been crap. Thankfully, he's done along with his brother.
Doesn't scouting fall under Will McClay? I thought most were happy with him.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Imagine if you and your brother worked at the same company and your brother was fired. That means you should be as well?

Does that make sense to you?
Actually it does make sense. Who's to say he won't tip Red off right before we play the Gnats? They should cut bait.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
College scouting does.
I would have assumed all scouting does, but I can't claim to know for sure. I frankly can't claim to know much about Judd Garrett or the job he does, but I do know on the pro scouting side that the Cowboys typically have not earmarked much money for outside free agents, so obviously that would influence how things appear.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would have assumed all scouting does, but I can't claim to know for sure. I frankly can't claim to know much about Judd Garrett or the job he does, but I do know on the pro scouting side that the Cowboys typically have not earmarked much money for outside free agents, so obviously that would influence how things appear.

McClay title is President of Player Personnel. The scouts work under him. Cowboys have several guys who working with scouting. Judd Garrett Director of pro scouting

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McClay title is President of Player Personnel. The scouts work under him. Cowboys have several guys who working with scouting. Judd Garrett Director of pro scouting
So, if all scouts work under McClay, that means Judd Garrett does as well, right?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And several that they have signed in the past were huge busts, so that doesn't help Judd's cause.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And several that they have signed in the past were huge busts, so that doesn't help Judd's cause.

There have been busts, although it seems most were minor players to begin with. On the other hand, Quinn was a success, as was Cobb. ultimately though, it's just hard to pin down because they mostly haven't committed any significant resources to outside free agents.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Actually it does make sense. Who's to say he won't tip Red off right before we play the Gnats? They should cut bait.
Because people are professionals?

What is to stop anyone form tipping off another team for a payday? Like wow this is stupid.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He is still in the basement with his red stapler.