We are now in Last place in NFC east

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394620 said:
I have agreed with the first point NUMEROUS times in this thread. That was never the debate. And it's the second point was exactly my point. Which you haven't thrown out anything but a couple of strawmans and vague ideas.

that's exactly what the debate was about

you're just so stupid you couldn't recognize it until I beat you over the head w/ it

firehawk350

Reaction score
Another strawman, yay!!!! I'm about done with these...

Your record would likely be 2-7 IMP. But I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that if Romo didn't get injured, you'd STILL be 5-4 in all probability...

firehawk350

Reaction score
Bizwah;2394610 said:
Sure he does....

What exactly do you think our record would be without Romo? How many points would our team give up with BJ or BB at the helm for the first nine games?

I'm thinking we'd be 3-6....and that's a generous estimate. I think we'd easily be giving up 28 points a game without him.

So yes, he does give us a huge advantage.
You gave up 26.5 with him in, I believe...

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's been a long day.

Night all.

The simple fact remains....we're in the cellar....Right now, the bye week is welcome.

It'll be nice to have Romo, Newman, Felix, and possibly Kosier back. It may be too late.....but it'll be nice to see. I won't feel as if a game is unwinnable.

Of course, I do feel Romo will be hindered the rest of the year with that stupid pinkie.

Bizwah

Reaction score
firehawk350;2394643 said:
You gave up 26.5 with him in, I believe...

But it's still a huge advantage having him in. It's a lot easier on our defense.

For you to not want to admit that is homerism in reverse.

But I'm sleepy....so, I'm not really thinking clearly at the moment.

Good night......

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394635 said:
Another strawman, yay!!!! I'm about done with these...

Your record would likely be 2-7 IMP. But I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that if Romo didn't get injured, you'd STILL be 5-4 in all probability...

Dude, there is no way we lose to the rams with romo.

That is almost certain. But we still would have struggled today.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2394625 said:
that's exactly what the debate was about

you're just so stupid you couldn't recognize it until I beat you over the head w/ it
That wasn't what I was arguing (as I have agreed with it numerous times this thread). In the second point, you still haven't brought out any data and my argument still stands strong...

firehawk350

Reaction score
theebs;2394652 said:
Dude, there is no way we lose to the rams with romo.

That is almost certain. But we still would have struggled today.
Have you read the thread??? You can't say that with any certainty. You gave up 2.5 ppg less with Romo in (defensively) and scored 14 ppg more. That makes that a 34-28 loss. Again, that's a pure statistical look at it, but it definitely shows that you can't say that the Rams game would have been a victory definitively...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394655 said:
That wasn't what I was arguing (as I have agreed with it numerous times this thread). In the second point, you still haven't brought out any data and my argument still stands strong...

the team you saw today is not the same team you see w/ Romo starting

that's all anyone's been arguing, so the only person who's been using the strawman argument is yourself

firehawk350

Reaction score
You have demonstrated no ability to understand debate and continue to put up idiotic strawmen in order to make your underlying assumptions correct. I refuse to be drawn further in to your world of false assumptions and wash my hands of your idiocy. Good day...

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394670 said:
Have you read the thread??? You can't say that with any certainty. You gave up 2.5 ppg less with Romo in (defensively) and scored 14 ppg more. That makes that a 34-28 loss. Again, that's a pure statistical look at it, but it definitely shows that you can't say that the Rams game would have been a victory definitively...

Firehawk,

Shouldn't you be getting ready for Pittsburgh? The Rams beat you at home.

Now, I'm not saying the Commanders are going to lose, but you have a tough game coming up.

You know, the Eagles can beat you at home. They did it last year. The Giants can beat you twice.

Don't get too cocky. It isn't like the Commanders have been blowing teams out. Although, I respect your team. There is a ton of football to be played.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Oh really??? YOU just said we were arguing two different points... Are you posting from an insane asylum or just from a center for mental retardation???

firehawk350

Reaction score
41gy#;2394699 said:
Firehawk,

Shouldn't you be getting ready for Pittsburgh? The Rams beat you at home.

Now, I'm not saying the Commanders are going to lose, but you have a tough game coming up.

You know, the Eagles can beat you at home. They did it last year. The Giants can beat you twice.

Don't get too cocky. It isn't like the Commanders have been blowing teams out. Although, I respect your team. There is a ton of football to be played.
Good post, I agree with everything. I'm ready though, as much as a fan can be. I got my Cooley jersey washed and tuesday off of work!!!

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Everyone can talk about the season starting after the bye, and Romo saving the day, but we couldn't beat the Skins at home with a healthy Romo. Now we are going to go in to DC and win?

I don't see them winning any of the 3 remaining road games, nor do I see them beating the Gmen at home. The Ravens will punch this team in the mouth and the fact that they'll only be playing for pride in that one (and let's be honest this team doesn't have an ounce of pride), you can throw that in the loss column. That leaves probably two wins left against the Niners and Seahaks. Although with this gutless and spineless outfit I wouldn't count those either.

firehawk350

Reaction score
Night all! I shall be on tomorrow to look at bob's sure to be hilarious claims of victory. Good times... Adam and Bizwah, if you see this, it's been real and despite what you may think, I thought you both brought up good points.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
parcells316;2394715 said:
Everyone can talk about the season starting after the bye, and Romo saving the day, but we couldn't beat the Skins at home with a healthy Romo. Now we are going to go in to DC and win?

I don't see them winning any of the 3 remaining road games, nor do I see them beating the Gmen at home. The Ravens will punch this team in the mouth and the fact that they'll only be playing for pride in that one (and let's be honest this team doesn't have an ounce of pride), you can throw that in the loss column. That leaves probably two wins left against the Niners and Seahaks. Although with this gutless and spineless outfit I wouldn't count those either.

Man, your just like Deebie Downer on Saturday Night Live. With Tony Romo at quarterback, you always have a chance. Don't give up.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
parcells316;2394715 said:

Let me get this straight we are adding our starting QB, one of the best in the league and you have us losing every game except two:banghead:. Stop trying to convince yourself that this team is that bad. They aren't.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
bootsy;2394750 said:
Let me get this straight we are adding our starting QB, one of the best in the league and you have us losing every game except two:banghead:. Stop trying to convince yourself that this team is that bad. They aren't.
That's correct.

I believe we lost 2 of 3 before "one of the best qb's in the league" got hurt. I just don't have alot of confidence in this sieve like o-line or a defense that's giving up over 23 points per game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
bootsy;2392806 said:
I do too. I can't believe the people on here whining/crying/giving up. There is still too much football to be played. I guess people would like to be where the Chargers/Jaguars/Colts are right now. All under .500 and on life support. Things can change by the time the Cowboys play the Commanders in two weeks. After the Commanders game we have two very winnable games against SF and Seattle and then Pittsburgh. Like I have said and will continue to say, there have been teams in worse position than we are right now that have made the playoffs. Are we gonna need help? Absolutely. Is there season over? Absolutely not.

Good post.

FloridaLandryFan30;2392871 said:
don't give us this bs.

the Commanders made the playoffs last year with their back up qb, the entire right side of the line gone, 2 defensive starters lost for the year with bad knee injuries, the loss of sean taylor

this team needs to stop making excuses and blaming injuries. Every team gets hurt, this team is soft and it starts with Wade

They didn't have BJ backing up. Look at the Pats. They have a guy who can throw the ball. Part of the OLs problem is teams challenged Johnson to beat them by just coming after the QB. Any average NFL front can put pressure on by disregarding the run and just sending people after the QB. They never played this game honestly. They didn't have to. Teams do that to Romo and we will put up 30 or 40 points. And we will be the team coming after the QB.

firehawk350;2393912 said:
Last season, sure... But this season... it depends on what you want your QB to do. If they changed places, I'm not sure Washington would be 6-2 by this point.

Total BS.

BraveHeartFan;2394023 said:
No defense can win, or keep you in the game, when your backup QBs are giving the other team the ball on your end of the field all game long. This defense played on our end of the field, and many times inside our own 30 yard line, all game long. It's pretty tough to keep teams from out scoring you when they get that kind of field position all day.

Yep.

DallasEast;2394089 said:
Romo's injury is a real concern for me. Not so much that he'll have to adjust his grip, etc., to throw the ball well, but with his offensive line playing so inconsistently, the risk of re-injuring his hand is greater than if his line were playing well as a group. There's still a lot of football to be played this season and too many opportunities for Romo to be looking at his offense from the sidelines.

I don't think so. His injury was a fractured metacarpal and not the pinkie. Yes, everyone is printing the same error and long enough to make everyone think that is true. Not. The muscles of the forearm control grip. The hand only has very small intrinsic muscles that have nothing much to do with grip. He shouldn't be sore and he should have his grip. And there will be enough bone callus formation and remodeling to make that area essentially as strong as any other bone in the hand.

There is no medical reason for him not to throw the ball well. He may be gunshy and/or rusty though. I suspect not.

Bizwah;2394207 said:
No....all things being equal, Romo is superior.

But right now, Romo is hurt. There's no denying that fact.

And, I also realize that when he does return, he'll return at a level less than 100%. This injury will hinder him the rest of the season.

So, an injured Romo isn't quite as good as a healthy Campbell.

See above. He won't have a problem with the hand. No reason to.

firehawk350;2394721 said:
Night all! I shall be on tomorrow to look at bob's sure to be hilarious claims of victory. Good times... Adam and Bizwah, if you see this, it's been real and despite what you may think, I thought you both brought up good points.

While your conversation tonite was a little more civil than the last time you were here, there is only one reason to be here. Gloat. I so hope your team hits the skids. I hate your team and I don't like you. Your pseudo intellectualism is obnoxious. Troll elsewhere.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, we were suppose to go to the SuperBowl this year and now we are in the celler.

What a wasted season.