We are right about where we should be!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
If we don't beat Philly I think you can take a match to that band-wagon. ;)
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still pleased to have Bledsoe as our quarterback.

I just think we get too conservative in the playcalling.

zagnut

Reaction score
Before the season, it's somewhat fine to say we'll probably be 2-2. But once we take the SD game, it's inexcusable to be 2-2. Despite 3 of the first 4 being on the road, this was the easier part of our schedule. How is it we can shut down Tomlinson and Portis, but mediocre backs like Barlow and Jordan are killing us? We cannot keep going on this track of win 1, lose 1, and expect to make anything out of this season.

The defense and the OL blocking is a lot worse than I expected them to be.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm still pleased to have Bledsoe as our quarterback.

I just think we get too conservative in the playcalling.

:hammer:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
zagnut said:
Before the season, it's somewhat fine to say we'll probably be 2-2. But once we take the SD game, it's inexcusable to be 2-2. Despite 3 of the first 4 being on the road, this was the easier part of our schedule. How is it we can shut down Tomlinson and Portis, but mediocre backs like Barlow and Jordan are killing us? We cannot keep going on this track of win 1, lose 1, and expect to make anything out of this season.

The defense and the OL blocking is a lot worse than I expected them to be.

I would expect there to be improvements but when you look at reality, we are right about where this talent and experience level should put us.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you start out playing 3 of 4 on the road and come out 2-2, you can't complain too much.

It is what it is.

We're an average football team and most of us knew this going in. 2-2 is where we should be.

These pipe dreams of 11-5 and such were just that - pipe dreams.

Having said all this - the playcalling today was terrible.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Sarge said:

I think that right there is why folks are so upset. I dont think its that our record is 2-2. Im ok w/ 2-2 but the playcalling was high school. There is no room for that kind of game plan in the NFL. It will get you beat 8x out of 10. Today was our turn to take the jab to the jaw.

We are down a bit - but but not out. I fully expect this team to respond at home against Philly.

You Dallas fans in Texas need to raise the ROOF next Sunday against them Eagles...dont be sitting on your hands and playing w/ your kids. We need you to represent.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
When you start out playing 3 of 4 on the road and come out 2-2, you can't complain too much.

It is what it is.

We're an average football team and most of us knew this going in. 2-2 is where we should be.

These pipe dreams of 11-5 and such were just that - pipe dreams.

Evening Sarge...

Well said.

Do you expect the playcalling to change?

I don't.

marchetta

Reaction score
It's not about where we should be, it's about where we could have been. If we played to win, we would be 4-0. Do you really believe the Commanders should be at the top of the division? Heck NO! But, the capatalized on their opportunities, while we continue to wollow(sp?) in mediocraty playing with one hand tied behind or backs. We continue to lose games because we're not good enough to win close games. Playing not to lose is the best way not to win!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
marchetta said:
It's not about where we should be, it's about where we could have been. If we played to win, we would be 4-0. Do you really believe the Commanders should be at the top of the division? Heck NO! But, the capatalized on their opportunities, while we continue to wollow(sp?) in mediocraty playing with one hand tied behind or backs. We continue to lose games because we're not good enough to win close games. Playing not to lose is the best way not to win!

The point was that we are not far off of where we should be and we can still make some progress.

Kilyin

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Correct Woods... and we lack a #1 WR, just like Michael Irvin says.

Negative. Put Crayton, Glenn, maybe even Keyshawn on that Dallas team that carried Irvin, and they'd be just as good or better than him. I'm sorry some of you can't admit that and want to give all the credit to the "Playmaker", but that was one of the greatest teams of all time. Jimmy Johnson and no salary cap? No contest.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Evening Sarge...

Well said.

Do you expect the playcalling to change?

I don't.

Evenin' Winks.

No - I don't expect the playcalling to change.

It's Parcells football and that's the way we'll play - even if it doesn't suit our personnel.

Hoov

Reaction score
Nice thread CC. we almost beat oakland on the road. last week the eagles strugled against this same team. where is the shame in what we did today ?? our defense is going to cont to get better. second half of the season will be better.

i think we had more pressure on collins than the egales did, and they blitzed a lot more tahn we did. that is a positive. we are moving forward. we lost 2 games so far, one by 1 point (a missed extra point) and another where we were in position to win at the very end but did not execute.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
Evenin' Winks.

No - I don't expect the playcalling to change.

It's Parcells football and that's the way we'll play - even if it doesn't suit our personnel.

Nope. I don't either.

People can blame Payton and Zimmer all they want but it's Purcells calling the shots.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Nope. I don't either.

People can blame Payton and Zimmer all they want but it's Purcells calling the shots.

No doubt. Payton is calling the game as Parcells would anyways. Why else would BP let him call the plays?

I CANNOT wait til BP is outta there quite frankly. He's made so many poor gametime decisions since he's been here it's unreal.

I suppose he'll leave just in time for Bledsoe to retire thus leaving us, well, ready to start all over (at least at QB anyways).

:)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
While I don't agree with the sentiment to get rid of Parcells, perhaps you can advise who you would prefer to be our coach at this time?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Dallas said:
I think that right there is why folks are so upset. I dont think its that our record is 2-2. Im ok w/ 2-2 but the playcalling was high school. There is no room for that kind of game plan in the NFL. It will get you beat 8x out of 10. Today was our turn to take the jab to the jaw.

We are down a bit - but but not out. I fully expect this team to respond at home against Philly.

You Dallas fans in Texas need to raise the ROOF next Sunday against them Eagles...dont be sitting on your hands and playing w/ your kids. We need you to represent.

I didn't catch what you said, could you repeat it please? :D