CFZ We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have enough talent to be competitive for playoff success. IMO, what they lack is not talent. It’s toughness. This team has been soft for far too long.

And the cause for this softness. It’s the culture.
It is THE main reason for the softness. This organization is tainted by the big boys at the top who are perfectly satisfied with being “relevant”, and being talked about, and having big TV ratings. As if that matters. They act like they have accomplished something without the actual accomplishment. That filters down to the players.

What could be softer than the owner hiring his kids based on DNA not qualifications and with no accountability for results?

When our fans complain about the “lack of respect” for this team I cringe. Because in my book this team won’t earn any respect until they do something more than a wild card win. This team is what they’ve been for the last 27 years until they prove they are something more. Jersey sales, stadium size, tv ratings, Forbes ”championships”? Who cares?

Win some freakin’ playoff games as in more than a wild card game for a change. Then I’ll believe this organization isn’t soft.

We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else. Here’s hoping post bye that journey to being different has begun.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yet you can't complain in here about that Haze, some fans seem to think that we're those great 90's teams, when all we want is the success that they had. Times have changed to where it's all about money money money. We're sick of it, and we're allowed to WHINE and complain, some of us don't want us to do that, but that's fine!

Jipper

Reaction score
Has to start in the trenches and unfortunately our OL has been injured and not set the tone...the DL has actually done pretty well bur just could not keep up as the OL fell behind.

If our OL can stay healthy and start to come together a bit more I think we might see the toughness perception improve

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has to start in the trenches and unfortunately our OL has been injured and not set the tone...the DL has actually done pretty well bur just could not keep up as the OL fell behind.

If our OL can stay healthy and start to come together a bit more I think we might see the toughness perception improve
I hear you Jip. But to me the only way to change the soft tag is by winning playoff games they haven’t won in 27 years. We are what our history says we are until proven otherwise.

bigE79

Reaction score
The Cowboys have enough talent to be competitive for playoff success. IMO, what they lack is not talent. It’s toughness. This team has been soft for far too long.

And the cause for this softness. It’s the culture.
It is THE main reason for the softness. This organization is tainted by the big boys at the top who are perfectly satisfied with being “relevant”, and being talked about, and having big TV ratings. As if that matters. They act like they have accomplished something without the actual accomplishment. That filters down to the players.

What could be softer than the owner hiring his kids based on DNA not qualifications and with no accountability for results?

When our fans complain about the “lack of respect” for this team I cringe. Because in my book this team won’t earn any respect until they do something more than a wild card win. This team is what they’ve been for the last 27 years until they prove they are something more. Jersey sales, stadium size, tv ratings, Forbes ”championships”? Who cares?

Win some freakin’ playoff games as in more than a wild card game for a change. Then I’ll believe this organization isn’t soft.

We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else. Here’s hoping post bye that journey to being different has begun.
For years,this team has had more flight in them than fight...it's what they are.

kskboys

Reaction score

DLine desperately needs a top tier 3 tech. Yes, they are very hard to draft. But, you don't just give up when Gallimore doesn't pan out. You keep trying.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I agree...yet some ignorant fans here would consider that being a hater. All we want is accountability and a plan for success. All we get are two doofusses who continue with the same old tired method and MO that does not work. Same old, same old. Until things are done differently, there will be no change. Three decades in, and still these two constant reminders of failure continue to spin their tales on how Dallas is back and SB bound. You are right, the culture begins at the top. Accountability begins at the top. Nepotism and weak, toothless HC don't help any.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
While there is a culture issue with dysfunction at the top , I also believe we aren’t as talented enough team in some key positions to have more success.

Do we have talent , yes. But do we have more talent than SF and Phil? I don’t think so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we had one of the more Elite QB’s and or defenses consistently and still weren’t advancing further in playoffs then I’d blame the culture more .

Not many teams playing for or winning championships without an Elite type QB and or defense.

Our team is talented but not enough to beat more talented teams in these key elements.

Unfortunately our dysfunctional ownership is fine with a team that can remain relative and interesting but not talented enough for more.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Life is grand knowing that there’s several people around here capable of articulating the truth and fully ruining my day.

Praxit

Reaction score
Yet you can't complain in here about that Haze, some fans seem to think that we're those great 90's teams, when all we want is the success that they had. Times have changed to where it's all about money money money. We're sick of it, and we're allowed to WHINE and complain, some of us don't want us to do that, but that's fine!
..yeah, but when is it enough? Dragging that dead dawg around for all that time, brings ill connotations.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
..yeah, but when is it enough? Dragging that dead dawg around for all that time, brings ill connotations.
Jethro has proven it can go on much longer than we ever imagined.

Almost 3 decades isn’t long enough. Maybe it will take 50 years . Most likely the last of these two generations that witnessed the glory eras will need to pass along with our King of football operations.

Praxit

Reaction score
Jethro has proven it can go on much longer than we ever imagined.

Almost 3 decades isn’t long enough. Maybe it will take 50 years . Most likely the last of these two generations that witnessed the glory eras will need to pass along with our King of football operations.
..lol... I hear ya. We're in tough spot. We've had good teams, but cant crack the walnut.

We pain, because we're so close at times, yet in certain aspects far away.

I dont know if given a choice. Would it be better to be in Browns or Lions shoes?

Then we wouldn't have all this rummage, to carry around.

I think, its worth the wait.... lol...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talent wins games, not toughness, not culture.

If culture mattered, the Patriots wouldn't be so terrible.
If culture didn’t matter we would have won at least a divisional playoff game in the last nearly three decades.
Right. Culture does matter . But talent matters more. And how we won a championship with Switzer.
Isn’t it safe to say it takes both?