CFZ We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet you can't complain in here about that Haze, some fans seem to think that we're those great 90's teams, when all we want is the success that they had. Times have changed to where it's all about money money money. We're sick of it, and we're allowed to WHINE and complain, some of us don't want us to do that, but that's fine!
If me whining would make a difference and make me feel better, I would whine, like I used to when I was younger. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now, so i won't waste my time. Too many other things to worry about.
If it works for you, have at it. Everyone deals with things their own way. Salud!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have enough talent to be competitive for playoff success. IMO, what they lack is not talent. It’s toughness. This team has been soft for far too long.

And the cause for this softness. It’s the culture.
It is THE main reason for the softness. This organization is tainted by the big boys at the top who are perfectly satisfied with being “relevant”, and being talked about, and having big TV ratings. As if that matters. They act like they have accomplished something without the actual accomplishment. That filters down to the players.

What could be softer than the owner hiring his kids based on DNA not qualifications and with no accountability for results?

When our fans complain about the “lack of respect” for this team I cringe. Because in my book this team won’t earn any respect until they do something more than a wild card win. This team is what they’ve been for the last 27 years until they prove they are something more. Jersey sales, stadium size, tv ratings, Forbes ”championships”? Who cares?

Win some freakin’ playoff games as in more than a wild card game for a change. Then I’ll believe this organization isn’t soft.

We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else. Here’s hoping post bye that journey to being different has begun.
Exactly. I’m so not impressed right now. All I care about is winning divisional round playoff games. We’ve seen everything else.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys have enough talent to be competitive for playoff success. IMO, what they lack is not talent. It’s toughness. This team has been soft for far too long.

And the cause for this softness. It’s the culture.
It is THE main reason for the softness. This organization is tainted by the big boys at the top who are perfectly satisfied with being “relevant”, and being talked about, and having big TV ratings. As if that matters. They act like they have accomplished something without the actual accomplishment. That filters down to the players.

What could be softer than the owner hiring his kids based on DNA not qualifications and with no accountability for results?

When our fans complain about the “lack of respect” for this team I cringe. Because in my book this team won’t earn any respect until they do something more than a wild card win. This team is what they’ve been for the last 27 years until they prove they are something more. Jersey sales, stadium size, tv ratings, Forbes ”championships”? Who cares?

Win some freakin’ playoff games as in more than a wild card game for a change. Then I’ll believe this organization isn’t soft.

We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else. Here’s hoping post bye that journey to being different has begun.
:thumbup: :hammer::thumbup:

Praxit

Reaction score
..and with that Bullet. I just put order in for 2 Dak jerseys and Parsons Varsity jacket. JK.... ;)>>

ArtClink

Reaction score
I hear you Jip. But to me the only way to change the soft tag is by winning playoff games they haven’t won in 27 years. We are what our history says we are until proven otherwise.
This. This x1000. We are a franchise w a proud history until about 28 years ago when our football idiot took over every facet of football operations. As BobHaze stated, we are what our post season records says we are. And until we mk it to the nfc championship game, we’re not better than the Browns or Washington or Detroit unless all you care about is reg season records lol.

While we’re talking about conf championship games, congrats to the Rangers who evidently have the ability to fire their gm lol. Their World Series birth is a poke in the eye to our beloved owner.

I’m looking fwd to the next three decades as Stephen and then Spaulding display their hubris in continuing to squander season after season. Remember, there’s always an able bodied Jones family member to ensure we continue the futility.

Why am I still a fan? Because I’ve been a fan since birth and it’s not my fault a drunk Arkansas hillbilly bought the team.

Now if you’re thinking about buying Cowboys SWAG, consider spending your hard earned dollars on the Rangers, a real winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
..lol... I hear ya. We're in tough spot. We've had good teams, but cant crack the walnut.

We pain, because we're so close at times, yet in certain aspects far away.

I dont know if given a choice. Would it be better to be in Browns or Lions shoes?

Then we wouldn't have all this rummage, to carry around.

I think, it’s worth the wait.... lol...
Unfortunately we don’t have a choice . The only thing the fans could do differently is send Jethro a different message than the top team in revenue . Which is why he doesn’t feel any sense of urgency to change .

kskboys

Reaction score
If culture didn’t matter we would have won at least a divisional playoff game in the last nearly three decades.

Isn’t it safe to say it takes both?
Maybe. Every time we've lacked talent in key areas.

Yes, agree, it does take both, along w/ competent coaching.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If culture didn’t matter we would have won at least a divisional playoff game in the last nearly three decades.
So, you are also implying they never had the talent to do just that, but momentum changes from a last four second field goal and a miscall for a disallowed TD that was later changed as to ruling standard...means that the team was just bobbing down the stream willy nilly? Dallas had the talent to go all the way...the other part was momentum changers that influenced outcomes. Single play situations twice...and not that far back in Cowboy history.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This. This x1000. We are a franchise w a proud history until about 28 years ago when our football idiot took over every facet of football operations. As BobHaze stated, we are what our post season records says we are. And until we mk it to the nfc championship game, we’re not better than the Browns or Washington or Detroit unless all you care about is reg season records lol.

While we’re talking about conf championship games, congrats to the Rangers who evidently have the ability to fire their gm lol. Their World Series birth is a poke in the eye to our beloved owner.

I’m looking fwd to the next three decades as Stephen and then Spaulding display their hubris in continuing to squander season after season. Remember, there’s always an able bodied Jones family member to ensure we continue the futility.

Why am I still a fan? Because I’ve been a fan since birth and it’s not my fault a drunk Arkansas hillbilly bought the team.

Now if you’re thinking about buying Cowboys SWAG, consider spending your hard earned dollars on the Rangers, a real winner.
Wait a second, by the standard one is using on thread, one has to wait to see if that even applies to the Ranger. They first must win against a long missing from the World Series team in Arizona.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If that's the case, then your point is that Dallas has no chance of doing that at any point under the Jones regime.

The idea that the culture was right when they smoked Tampa but not when they lost to SF is nonsensical.