CFZ We are what we’ve been until we prove we are something else

ArtClink

Reaction score
Wait a second, by the standard one is using on thread, one has to wait to see if that even applies to the Ranger. They first must win against a long missing from the World Series team in Arizona.
Incorrect sir. Making it to the American League championship is exactly the same as Cowboys making it to the NFC Championship. The Rangers don’t have to win the WS to match the pitiful 3-4 wild card wins we have the past 28 seasons.

In fact, The Rangers, Mavs, and Stars have all made it to the conference championship series within the past ~17 months. Yeah, it’s that bad. :)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
How did big Mike convince Jerry into letting him call the plays?

Epic mistake. But he won’t admit it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If me whining would make a difference and make me feel better, I would whine, like I used to when I was younger. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now, so i won't waste my time. Too many other things to worry about.
If it works for you, have at it. Everyone deals with things their own way. Salud!

Cowboys’ Micah Parsons says Eagles are No 1 team in NFL: ‘They’re very special’​

Know your enemy, a base requirement at war...love seeing him
Incorrect sir. Making it to the American League championship is exactly the same as Cowboys making it to the NFC Championship. The Rangers don’t have to win the WS to match the pitiful 3-4 wild card wins we have the past 28 seasons.

In fact, The Rangers, Mavs, and Stars have all made it to the conference championship series within the past ~17 months. Yeah, it’s that bad. :)
No, you are talking about winning, and the top level is then ignored....you stand corrected on issue. Good team is the point.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Cowboys’ Micah Parsons says Eagles are No 1 team in NFL: ‘They’re very special’​

Know your enemy, a base requirement at war...love seeing him

No, you are talking about winning, and the top level is then ignored....you stand corrected on issue. Good team is the point.
The Cowboys have always been judged by deep playoff runs and 3-4 wild card wins in nearly three decades is historically bad putting us w Lions and Wash as the only remaining nfc teams so inept they can’t win a Div game. If you can’t see how the other three local teams have experienced multiple deep playoff runs as well as championships in the past 28 years then Jerry has really done a job on you. Facts are facts.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Talent wins games, not toughness, not culture.

If culture mattered, the Patriots wouldn't be so terrible.
You can need both...it's not either/or. You can draft the best rookie yearly but if he spends a few years knowing he can keep collecting a check by not winning anything, then it becomes ok. Pats culture has zero talent right now.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You can need both...it's not either/or. You can draft the best rookie yearly but if he spends a few years knowing he can keep collecting a check by not winning anything, then it becomes ok. Pats culture has zero talent right now.
Culture doesn't matter without talent, nor does it exist without talent. There's no such thing as culture without talent.

Miller

Reaction score
Culture doesn't matter without talent, nor does it exist without talent. There's no such thing as culture without talent.
Wrong. Completely wrong. Sure there is. The New Orleans Saints used to lose every year and they would bring in cast offs past their prime, have their owner dance around with an umbrella if they did win, etc. That was their crazy culture. The Tampa Bay Bucs had John McCay being funny and losing all the time. That's why there is a phrase "losing culture." Part of that is running a team like a business and not caring about the product/talent.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Wrong. Completely wrong. Sure there is. The New Orleans Saints used to lose every year and they would bring in cast offs past their prime, have their owner dance around with an umbrella if they did win, etc. That was their crazy culture. The Tampa Bay Bucs had John McCay being funny and losing all the time. That's why there is a phrase "losing culture." Part of that is running a team like a business and not caring about the product/talent.
You're literally making my point that talent breeds culture.

Miller

Reaction score
You're literally making my point that talent breeds culture.
This is the second time in a year I've said something to you and then your lack of reading comprehension kicks in. A losing culture exists. It's talked about all the time. A winning culture exists. Your quote was "There's no such thing as culture without talent." That is false. Blatantly false. Stop spinning in circles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that's the case, then your point is that Dallas has no chance of doing that at any point under the Jones regime.

The idea that the culture was right when they smoked Tampa but not when they lost to SF is nonsensical.
Right..

I’d argue while our culture is compromised and dysfunctional with Jethro’s leadership and ways, we can’t be absolutely certain we have had enough talent.

Not many teams playing for or winning championships without an Elite QB and or defense.

Our culture isn’t sound enough to overcome these shortcomings in talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve been sold or it’s been hyped we have enough talent to win a championship. And a sizable segment have bought into this hype.

But we continue to have reminders not only in the playoffs but against stronger teams with more success in the playoffs .

We just witnessed over a week ago how one of these teams increased the gap between us. And I suspect we will get another reminder next week. And probably more upcoming in season.

At some point all fans need to come to terms that while we have a legit playoff contender we still have weaknesses that could prevent us from advancing further in playoffs becoming a SB contender.

We need to come to grips that we aren’t as talented as we need to be to overcome our culture and these other proven contenders.

We’d have a much better chance if we had one of the more Elite QB’s and or defenses to overcome our culture and teams with similar talent levels. Something we really haven’t had this era.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This is the second time in a year I've said something to you and then your lack of reading comprehension kicks in. A losing culture exists. It's talked about all the time. A winning culture exists. Your quote was "There's no such thing as culture without talent." That is false. Blatantly false. Stop spinning in circles.
Lol shut up

This is a preposterous argument. Do I really need to clarify that there's no such thing as "winning" culture without talent? Like does that really need to be said?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that talent wins. Player talent. Coaching talent.

All this touchy feely "culture" stuff is nonsense- as if there is a disease dripping down from above (the front office).

Winning teams are assigned "culture", but they win because they have the players and the coaching. I'll argue that it's mostly players.

If this team had an elite QB, you would be surprised at how much "culture" they instantly obtained!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol shut up

This is a preposterous argument. Do I really need to clarify that there's no such thing as "winning" culture without talent? Like does that really need to be said?
The culture is a problem . But our talent isn’t strong enough not only to overcome the better teams nor are we talented enough to overcome our culture.

Our leadership has sold we are talented enough and some fans have bought into it.

Jethro’s ways is a huge negative but the team he’s built isn’t as great as some fans think.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm in the camp that talent wins. Player talent. Coaching talent.

All this touchy feely "culture" stuff is nonsense- as if there is a disease dripping down from above (the front office).

Winning teams are assigned "culture", but they win because they have the players and the coaching. I'll argue that it's mostly players.

If this team had an elite QB, you would be surprised at how much "culture" they instantly obtained!
The culture is a core issue.

But the lack of talent compared to some of these other teams who have had more success in playoffs is sharper than some of these fans want to accept, including QB.

I’d like our chances much more with an Elite QB and defense.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Gotta be more to it. At some point it's grown men vs grown men on a football field. How can we be "tough" enough to win 12 games and a wild card, yet flame out in the divisional round? Does any "toughness" we have immediately dissipate in this specific round of the playoffs? I think it's coaching and discipline.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gotta be more to it. At some point it's grown men vs grown men on a football field. How can we be "tough" enough to win 12 games and a wild card, yet flame out in the divisional round? Does any "toughness" we have immediately dissipate in this specific round of the playoffs? I think it's coaching and discipline.
No possibility that teams like SF and Phil for example are simply more talented ?

That doesn’t mean we don’t lack discipline and coaching isn’t as good as our opponents not to mention our culture is dysfunctional with Jethro.

But our defense wasn’t as great as either of those teams and our QB wasn’t either . How do we think we match up against the Chiefs and other top AFC teams and Qb’s.

When we continue losing to more talented QB’s , better defenses and coaching then it becomes a common thread against these greater teams.

We simply aren’t talented enough against greater and more talented teams . Not sure fans can accept .

Miller

Reaction score
Lol shut up

How is preposterous? Yes, if you don't state something clearly, it's not my fault. There is both a losing culture and a winning culture. Your first argument was that talent wins out and culture doesn't matter. Then you straight out said "Culture doesn't matter without talent, nor does it exist without talent. There's no such thing as culture without talent." It's a blanket statement. There are plenty of bad teams whose organization cares about business and not talent and that is the culture they built. It is a losing culture. So yes there can be culture without talent. It is a losing one. Write more precisely if you don't want to be challenged. With all that said...

My original point stands to your statement "Talent wins games, not toughness, not culture." It's a mix. You can have all the talent in the world and have no one to rein it in. You need the right culture to cultivate it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How is preposterous? Yes, if you don't state something clearly, it's not my fault. There is both a losing culture and a winning culture. Your first argument was that talent wins out and culture doesn't matter. Then you straight out said "Culture doesn't matter without talent, nor does it exist without talent. There's no such thing as culture without talent." It's a blanket statement. There are plenty of bad teams whose organization cares about business and not talent and that is the culture they built. It is a losing culture. So yes there can be culture without talent. It is a losing one. Write more precisely if you don't want to be challenged. With all that said...

My original point stands to your statement "Talent wins games, not toughness, not culture." It's a mix. You can have all the talent in the world and have no one to rein it in. You need the right culture to cultivate it.
Yes, our culture is a problem but if we think our talent is greater than some of our key contenders who are having more success then we are in denial our talent or lack of in some key areas is a contributing factor as well.

We are beaten with more talent , better coaching , stronger cultures and leadership.

Our leadership is the core issue because they apparently believe and hyped we have enough talent for more success .