We beat a good team with a top-10 QB on the road

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Funny people are saying refs helped Dallas beat the Chargers....... what for doing their job and calling penalties. They missed a ton of holding calls against the Chargers. Many calls went against Dallas including ones not called.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Big W today. I had it down as an L.

Schedule gets easy for about the next 7 weeks. Dallas has to take advantage of it and this 3 game home stretch.
I had Dallas winning but you are right. Got to take advantage and get on a role winning games before KC. Especially next week against philly, got to win division games and put philly in a hole with a losing record.

As far as KC, Dallas can win that game if they run the ball. Can't get in a shoot out. Cleveland had it won until they started throwing it

Verdict

Reaction score
Love the sarcasm. I hate it when fans choose to quote Parcells that you are what your record says you are after a loss, but after a win, they ignore that quote and try to show some false intelligence by explaining why it’s a crappy win that wasn’t deserved.

Our record says we played two very good teams with great QBs and better defenses than ours ON THE ROAD, and we are 1-1, going home to play the Eagles.
That’s right.

Verdict

Reaction score
I had Dallas winning but you are right. Got to take advantage and get on a role winning games before KC. Especially next week against philly, got to win division games and put philly in a hole with a losing record.

As far as KC, Dallas can win that game if they run the ball. Can't get in a shoot out. Cleveland had it won until they started throwing it
I had Dallas winning but figured we would score more points than we did. I figured we would win the turnover battle against a team with a bad QB.

The officiating in this game was horrible. Those of you who say it favored the Cowboys—I don’t think we were watching the same game. I’ll review it again and see if my opinion changes.

We could have won this game going away if Dak doesn’t throw the pick when he did.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I had Dallas winning but figured we would score more points than we did. I figured we would win the turnover battle against a team with a bad QB.

The officiating in this game was horrible. Those of you who say it favored the Cowboys—I don’t think we were watching the same game. I’ll review it again and see if my opinion changes.

We could have won this game going away if Dak doesn’t throw the pick when he did.
I disagree. You had calls on both sides but you can't say refs helped when they did their job. Chargers committed a ton of penalties and weren't called.

Don't believe me just watch Parsons being held almost every play, or even Osa.

ESisback

Reaction score
Finally! I was perusing the stat line on BSPN’s football page…we had 8 penalties, they had 12…but…we had 1 first down due to penalties called on them. They gained 4 first downs off penalties against us! 4 first out 8 vs. 1 out of 12. Quite the disparity!

Our penalties always seem to hit at the exact wrong time. Why?

Big_D

Reaction score
This was a hell of a road win down key starters!

Verdict

Reaction score
I disagree. You had calls on both sides but you can't say refs helped when they did their job. Chargers committed a ton of penalties and weren't called.

Don't believe me just watch Parsons being held almost every play, or even Osa.
I don’t think you understood my original post. It sounds like we agree.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Cool from what I have been reading I thought we lost. Go Cowboys we are not doomed yet

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe so, have reading comprehension problems. they really don't know what they are reading?

ghst187

Reaction score
Stop it. They got some pressure in both games and yes players are going to run free at times, they get paid too. You expecting 85 Bears and that isn't realistic in the NFL now. It's about points giving up not about yards.

Fantasy football has killed logic thinking when it comes to football

never once played fantasy football…
The chargers are a good team but not great. We got pretty lucky.
When you can’t force the other team to punt an entire game…you have a defensive problem.
I’m encouraged by the turnovers and effort, but we have a ways to go. Delusional to think we can win in the playoffs without the d getting significantly better between now and then. I think they can, but probably be mid season or so if it’s going to happen

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
never once played fantasy football…
The chargers are a good team but not great. We got pretty lucky.
When you can’t force the other team to punt an entire game…you have a defensive problem.
I’m encouraged by the turnovers and effort, but we have a ways to go. Delusional to think we can win in the playoffs without the d getting significantly better between now and then. I think they can, but probably be mid season or so if it’s going to happen
Disagree with a couple things. First, Dallas did force the Chargers to punt.

Second, Chargers are really good on offense and defense

It was luck at all. Championship contending teams find ways to win this game and Dallas won. Even without 5 starters and using a rookie LB at DE. They earned the win

Plus it was Chargers opening of the new stadium, they had extra motivation to win just like Tampa last week with revealing of superbowl banner