We better get the 1st round bye or else

playmakers

Reaction score
Theres a good possibilty we will play our 1st round game against either Philly or even worse the Giants. I know we can beat either one but there divisional rivals and it will be our 3rd game of the year. Point being anything can happen in these situations.

Verdict

Reaction score
We need to get the bye for several reasons. You play one less game being the most important. LOL

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yea, for some reason playing a divisional team three times scares me. Carolina also scares me if we have to meet them...dunno why

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Future 585;1210092 said:
yea, for some reason playing a divisional team three times scares me. Carolina also scares me if we have to meet them...dunno why
steve smith

Aikbach

Reaction score
Homefield is a whol e other animal. We can do it, regularly played the Eagles in the Super Bowl years.

jrumann59

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1210093 said:
steve smith

Not this year. Teams have figured out let him catch it in front of you and tackle him. His numbers will start to dip especially if they keep using him as a PR.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Some of you are scared of your own shadows.

Twice in the 1990s we played the Eagles three times including the playoffs and won the home playoff game both times.

Reaction score
Verdict;1210072 said:
We need to get the bye for several reasons. You play one less game being the most important. LOL

Exactly, that's one extra week for me to get my nerves in check...LMAO :laugh2:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Philly with no McNabb and AT Texas Stadium will not win..

NY scares me more. They played us real tough, we just cought enough breaks to win on a sloppy performance. That play to Crayton on the out could easily changed everything.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1210176 said:
NY scares me more. They played us real tough, we just cought enough breaks to win on a sloppy performance. That play to Crayton on the out could easily changed everything.

....+1....

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
NONE of these 6-6 teams would scare us if we pressure the QB....I have said it in other threads....sitting back and waiting for a QB to make a mistake is going to get us beat..ESPECIALLY against teams that know us well. Eli Manning was horrendous over the past 6 weeks...we LET him sit back there and carve us up. Sometimes I think we DO NOT respect the fact that this is the NFL...MOST QBs when given time will find somebody open...especially if it is a QB that does not panic....and why would you panic against Dallas because we do not come after you, we do not try to trick you, and you know that if you are patient someone will come open

Bottom line...you make Pro Bowlers out of average guys when you don't get to the QB

You repair psyche's of guys who are beat down when you do not get to the QB

You play nailbiters when you do not get to the QB

It works and/or looks good against the Titans and Texans of the world...but good teams will make you pay for such ineptness

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
bbailey423;1210201 said:
NONE of these 6-6 teams would scare us if we pressure the QB....I have said it in other threads....sitting back and waiting for a QB to make a mistake is going to get us beat..ESPECIALLY against teams that know us well. Eli Manning was horrendous over the past 6 weeks...we LET him sit back there and carve us up. Sometimes I think we DO NOT respect the fact that this is the NFL...MOST QBs when given time will find somebody open...especially if it is a QB that does not panic....and why would you panic against Dallas because we do not come after you, we do not try to trick you, and you know that if you are patient someone will come open

Bottom line...you make Pro Bowlers out of average guys when you don't get to the QB

You repair psyche's of guys who are beat down when you do not get to the QB

You play nailbiters when you do not get to the QB

It works and/or looks good against the Titans and Texans of the world...but good teams will make you pay for such ineptness

8-4.....7th ranked defense....arguably the best team in the NFC right now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1210206 said:
8-4.....7th ranked defense....arguably the best team in the NFC right now.

I know what the stats say...BUT I also know after a couple of games this year I have heard straight from the mouth of Parcells "that game could have gone either way today"....in the playoffs it is one and done...and those games "that could have gone either way"...just might go against us....so forget the stats...and records....we make life for the opposing QB to comfortable for my book. Parcells this offseason said that the name of the game is pressure...you have to pressure...sacks and hits would be gravy...but my gosh, we have to make the other QB uncomfortable. Didn't they almost complete a 3rd and 20 yesterday? I think they got 19 yards, then we stopped Jacobs on 4th down. But why work so hard on 1st and 2nd...then give them 19 yards on third?

amuze

Reaction score
AFAIK you can't play a division rival in the first round of the playoffs. Pretty sure about that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Folks just think about beating the Saints. That's all. We handle our business and things will work out.

alancdc

Reaction score
Future 585;1210092 said:

Well, I would say that either the Giants or Panthers will be done this week as they play each other. Personally, I would rather play the PANTHERS again. NYG worry me if Strahan comes back. If they are healthy they can win against anybody in the playoffs, I think.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I just don't see NO defense holding ROMO down from 30 pts and I don't see NO offense scoring more then 30 on us to win......so, we win!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A bye would be nice, but in modern times it doesn't seem all that critical to winning a title...it's main value is if you have some guys hurting, they can get a week of rest...but it often also brings a team out a little flat.

I don't really care...I just want to finish the season strong and confident and make the playoffs and then win at least one playoff game while hoping for much more.

Having to play in the wild card round should not be a problem for this team...if you want to be the champion, you have to be the best team anyway.

dfense

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1210149 said:
Some of you are scared of your own shadows.

Twice in the 1990s we played the Eagles three times including the playoffs and won the home playoff game both times.
it's not the Eagles that scare me, it's a healthy, motivated Giants team.