We better get the 1st round bye or else

Doomsday101

Reaction score
playmakers;1209958 said:
Theres a good possibilty we will play our 1st round game against either Philly or even worse the Giants. I know we can beat either one but there divisional rivals and it will be our 3rd game of the year. Point being anything can happen in these situations.

I want the bye not because of who we may have to play but because I just don't want to see the team forced to play the extra game. I would rather have to play 2 games than 3 games to get to where we would like to be.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Isn't there a rule about division teams playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs?

Aikbach

Reaction score
aikemirv;1210430 said:
Isn't there a rule about division teams playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs?
Not to my knowledge, in 2000 when the NFC West still existed the Saints and Rams played one another the last week of the season and then squared off exactly seven days later in a Wildcard.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
playmakers;1209958 said:
Theres a good possibilty we will play our 1st round game against either Philly or even worse the Giants. I know we can beat either one but there divisional rivals and it will be our 3rd game of the year. Point being anything can happen in these situations.

Agreed. I want the past of least resistance :D

Verdict;1210072 said:
We need to get the bye for several reasons. You play one less game being the most important. LOL

Agreed. One less game... no chance of losing a game you dont play :D

BlueStar22;1210075 said:
confident that we can beat both teams 2-3.

Agreed. But ANYTHING can happen... those teams play us hard no matter their status

sago1

Reaction score
The rules have changed since our team was constantly in the playoffs and SB bound. Besides, if the playoffs were held today the 2 wildcards in the NFC would be Giants and Eagles. I don't really want to play either of them. Don't care that we did well against them in the 90s; this team does not have Aikman/Irvin/Smith/Moose/Novacek/Haley & certainly not that great OL. The #2 seed makes sure we have home field advantage and a week to rest and give coaching staff time to develop good game plan. Let #3 and #4 play #5 & #6 while we wait.