We bought into the hype

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't think there's a Cowboys fan alive that doesn't buy into the hype. Before each season we, the fans, are ecstatic no matter what, for the new and upcoming season to start.

75boyz

Reaction score
The Cowboys have an excellent level of talent. Not sure why so many are down on this. The Cowboys organization suffers from a deep disconnect with details, preparation and fundamentals. It all starts with Jerry. I can only imagine the non stop crap that goes on during the week and even game day with Jerry parading in investors and friends to meet his players and see his "first rate" operation.

Garret was the perfect coach for Jerry. Throw enough money at him and he would never make waves and always kept the team in the hunt. Jerry runs the show in Dallas, don't forget that, and his Sons are same egotistical elitists as the old man. Players get used to not having to work their butts off during the week and just showing up on game day to give their all. Football is a grind for most ball clubs and Jerry has certainly taken the grind out the experience.

This team needs to lose out, miss the playoffs, have Garrett move on, and become a public laughing stock before anything remotely resembling progress will take place. It may even take Garrett returning to AT&T and whipping the Cowboys on his way to the playoffs next year.

A football GM lives in his office, works closely with the coaching staff and scouts and is constantly looking at talent and ways to upgrade the roster. Jerry is a low hanging fruit GM. I don't think he does much more than see what free agents are available and ponder what kind of a splash they can make if added to the roster. Jerry is a master promoter and developer. He is also in the midst of a major expansion of his natural gas holdings. How much time do you think he has for football ops? You think the organization makes a move without him?

The Cowboys are highly dysfunctional as a football team and the Owner/GM is the nucleus of the self destruction. Jerry is a master at developing hype, and yes, we all bought in.

Awesome insight and highly probable scenario playing out even as we speak.

Nice post.

johneric8

Reaction score
I bought the hype for the last time! I get a sense that this season is definitely the straw the broke the camels back, there are no more excuses. Jones has done a masterful job pulling the wool slightly over our eyes and polishing the puppet turd for 9 years, but after failure and failure, firing after firing, the red headed puppet is laying within the Guillotine.

It's hard for feel sorry for Jerry, I give him credit for being an emotional guy whom loves his posse, but that kind of kindness doesn't work as an owner of an NFL football team looking to compete for super bowls.
Jerry knows that much of the fanbase will keep buying into the hype as long as he makes a splash with the next head coach. The problem is, he doesn't realize that most of us are finally wise to his games and realize that no matter whom he hires it's going to come with strings attached and we will relive the same nightmare most likely.

Now onto the light at the end of the tunnel. I do think there is a tiny slither of a chance that Jerry steps back if he thinks it's his only recourse. The man is getting very old, so there is no telling if he might be looking to change his stripes.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I said before the season started this would be a 7 to 9 win team after therams game and they didn't make any changes I knew it was going to be a long year garrett is a clown and so is jerry jones to keep doing the same things over and over and expect it to be different is insanity until this organization gets off of this merry go round this is what u will have

scottsp

Reaction score
If you're in the habit of buying what they're selling out of Frisco, you would certainly be susceptible to taking these lemons off the used lot. Some never learn.

In a few weeks, they'll roll out a new face to take your heat when things fall apart. And the Joneses will have done it to you again.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Not everybody bought into the hype. A lot of posters on here were predicting 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6.

The Defense was exposed late last year. Moore is too pass happy and that exposes the Defense even more. Dallas needs to get back to controlling time of possession.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
IMO , most of us were sucked in after witnessing the improvement on the offensive side of the ball................It wasn't until we witnessed how much our defense regressed that we realized we had bought Fool's Gold.......................

DenCWBY

Reaction score
You sure we have all this talent? We have one good corner, our safeties are average at best. We have no one to clog the middle and our Lb have been awful all year. On O this line is not close to what they were in say 2016, our star RB has clearly lost more then one step his burst is gone. We have above average WR and Dak has played well most of the year. Our backups suck. I'm not seeing all this talent
Good point. I’m not so sure about our present talent but we have had enough talent to compete deep in the playoffs in the recent past. The one point (In the post) I’m so passionate about is his points about the consistent disruption and ignorance of the front office to build a competitive team.

Xeven

Reaction score
Humm 3-6 in the last 9 games. That is a player issue to. Watch the games plenty of times they miss tackles, drop balls, miss blocks. This so called " talented team" is far far from that. Coaching is pathetic to, it's a damn mess
That is a coaching problem.

wrongway

Reaction score
I can root and support the Cowboys while at the same time understand realistically where the team is. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I would know, as most of the others here, because I have been doing it for more than two decades now.

At this point I'd rather be surprised instead of let down. Does not mean I cheer for or support them any less than I did when they were winning Superbowls.

Hype is just hype and at this point it has been so hyped for decades that it's just overhyped nonsense really. Show it or shut up about it.
This ^, exactly!!!

nobody

Reaction score
Screw that. 6-6 isnt 6-8.

Im not saying we win out, but 9-7 CAN happen.

But making the NFC Championship is vastly different than going 9-7. This team hasn't beaten a winning team all season. Let that sink in. It has failed against every single team that might make the playoffs.... what do you think it will do against a team that actually makes the playoffs. I have no faith that this coaching staff can get it done. They've proven time and again in the post-season in Garrett's tenure that they can't get it done. You need a coach who knows what he's doing. You need a coach that can analyze the other team and find weaknesses. You need coaches that make adjustments quickly in games to exploit what is and isn't working. The only changes Garrett-coached teams make is to go away from what works to "brilliantly" fool opponent's defenses.....how has that worked out?

Sorry many, they might go 9-7...maybe...but post-season success to the point of making it the NFC championship? You drank Jerry's Kool aid and asked for seconds and thirds.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I’m not buying the hype. The mavs are closer to winning a title then we are.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Again this fan base bought into the hype from everyone. I think we forgot how bad this team was last year until Copper showed up. It's clear now that this team is no where near as talented as the hype machine said they were. Very average roster, and some really bad spots that this team has never tired to fix
Yes indeed. Complete sell job from the top to the bottom.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
But making the NFC Championship is vastly different than going 9-7. This team hasn't beaten a winning team all season. Let that sink in. It has failed against every single team that might make the playoffs.... what do you think it will do against a team that actually makes the playoffs. I have no faith that this coaching staff can get it done. They've proven time and again in the post-season in Garrett's tenure that they can't get it done. You need a coach who knows what he's doing. You need a coach that can analyze the other team and find weaknesses. You need coaches that make adjustments quickly in games to exploit what is and isn't working. The only changes Garrett-coached teams make is to go away from what works to "brilliantly" fool opponent's defenses.....how has that worked out?

Sorry many, they might go 9-7...maybe...but post-season success to the point of making it the NFC championship? You drank Jerry's Kool aid and asked for seconds and thirds.
I just believe in the process..

I know where you are coming from. Been a while since weve made the nfccg and we have alot of doubts.. However jerry believes we get in..

Maybe it happens

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Screw that. 6-6 isnt 6-8.

Im not saying we win out, but 9-7 CAN happen.
Right you are govnor!
9-7 can happen.
Then the playoffs!
The 1 and out.
Then, in late April, the crafty Jerry drafts a DE from Fresno State at No. 20.
Then next year, repeat.