We can probably make the case there are a lot of holes here

btgboys41

Reaction score
So we roll with our scrub RBs again?

That really worked out well.

I think they learned their lesson.
I don’t think they want to run as much as they lip service. We’ve had better RB play and gotten the same results previously. So scrub RBs don’t work, and good RBs don’t work.

I’d suggest building the best O and D lines as the top priorities along with LBs and thus, my appreciation for the post I commented on.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
A credible downfield passing attack helps the run game too.

Drafting a RB in the first round is a mistake. Dallas needs a decent RB though, not a late round after-thought.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Great post!!! I’m glad you did not include RB. That is not a need unless Mac (and Jerry) really want to run the ball. I don’t think they do. The fans want it, but they only means they will lip service the fans.
In the playoff games vs the Rams and Packers they tore our defense up with their running game. Mccaffery is a big reason SF got as far as they did.

Bu I guess we don’t need a running game.

Havic

Reaction score
Ton of holes, limited draft picks, and limited salary cap. The team next year will be worse not better imo

btgboys41

Reaction score
In the playoff games vs the Rams and Packers they tore our defense up with their running game. Mccaffery is a big reason SF got as far as they did.

I didn’t say they don't need a running game, I said they don’t seem to really want that as a focus even though they talk about it.

Havic

Reaction score

San Fran is as complete as a team as you can get in the salary cap era. But they lack depth at key positions. Once greenlaw went out, mahomes marched down the field and scored at will 9/9 on that final drive

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Ton of holes, limited draft picks, and limited salary cap. The team next year will be worse not better imo
Agreed. Every year the base level of a football team goes down. You need to actively do things to bring it back up. We are running it back. There is absolutely no reason not to think that next year will be anything but worse.