We CAN Win This Game!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Now I'm not guaranteeing a win or a loss but I am saying we CAN win this game and the odds are not as bad as everyone believes. I know a lot of key players are out with injuries and a lot of our offensive juice which leads this team is sitting (Romo, Witten, F. Jones).

I see people writing threads about praying and offering sacrifice so that the higher power will allow us to win this game. Even through our roster misfortunes it's not necessary because we still have these guys playing below:

Terrell Owens
Roy Williams
Marion Barber III
Leonard Davis
Demarcus Ware
Zach Thomas
Jay Ratliff
Ken Hamlin

** Nick Folk (Within 50 yards he can give us the win)

These are all players you have to account for at any time during the game and would be a serious nucleus on any team and against any team. Now tell me who the Giants have starting as their main nucleus?

Plaxico Burress (Has his own drama)
Brandon Jacobs
Eli Manning (Not to worried about him but I'll throw him in)
Justin Tuck
Gibril Wilson
Kenny Phillips (Rookie, but good)
Aaron Ross (Who looked better his rookie year)

Those are the guys you have to watch out for on their team. If our QB plays just decent, our defense lives up to their potential and special teams works in our favor for once we can surely win this game.

2 more things this game is going to come down too and these both are fundamentals on any given day in the NFL:

(1) Control Penalties

(2) Coaching : Wade and Big Red vs Coughlin and Spagnuolo

Our duo is 2 - 1 against the NY duo but they won the more important one last year. We definitely can win this game on the road, especially with our players shutting their pie holes and focusing on getting better this week. I think we're gonna take it to them in ways we haven't seen this team play this year. 6 - 3 sounds realistic to me, but we will be in for a tough one.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2385272 said:
We have a chance if Brad slips on the top stair getting off the bus....

He'll be better this week. Timing will be much better. The guy is still confident even though he stunk the last 2 weeks. That's what's important at this point. He loses confidence and he won't improve.

T.O and RW will have an impact this game. The Giants will be focused on the run at first and play them man on man. Brad needs to prove early he can get the ball to them.

You will see deep pass attempts this game. This coaching staff has a lot up its sleeve for this game. It's been very quiet around the Ranch this week, that's a good thing.

18and1

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2385263 said:
Now tell me who the Giants have starting as their main nucleus?

Plaxico Burress (Has his own drama)
Brandon Jacobs
Eli Manning (Not to worried about him but I'll throw him in)
Justin Tuck
Gibril Wilson
Kenny Phillips (Rookie, but good)
Derek Ross (Who looked better his rookie year)

Of course the Cowboys can win. They are still a good team.

You probably mean Aaron Ross. He's a rough few games, but other people in the secondary are standing up and making plays. Butler had a great couple of games but he's hurt, Kenny Phillips is really starting to shine, Corey Webster played well lately, and it's not like Ross is terrible. But you are forgetting a few people who you should watch out for. Mathias Kiwanuka, Derek Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, Domenik Hixon, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, etc. Giants are a good team too. Can't wait for Sunday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not if we average 2.8 yards a reception in the passing game.

We wont win this game unless Brad can get it together passing and I dont believe he will be able to because he simply doesn't have the physical ability to anymore.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We can win and we've got a good shot to win. There is a good shot that the Giants will come into this game and look at the fact that we're limping in, beaten up, and they could naturally start looking ahead. They can talk all they want about how that won't happen (Every team says that anyway) but then they go out, they don't focus, and we do and suddenly we steal a W away from them that they were assured of getting.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
18and1;2385305 said:
Of course the Cowboys can win. They are still a good team.

You probably mean Aaron Ross. He's a rough few games, but other people in the secondary are standing up and making plays. Butler had a great couple of games but he's hurt, Kenny Phillips is really starting to shine, Corey Webster played well lately, and it's not like Ross is terrible. But you are forgetting a few people who you should watch out for. Mathias Kiwanuka, Derek Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, etc. Giants are a good team too. Can't wait for Sunday.

Mathias Kiwanuka, Derek Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, etc are "YES" good serviceable/role players but not on the level of the players mentioned above.

I can very easily add a bunch of good serviceable/role players to the list as well. I think these players are still better. Greg Ellis, Bradie James, Spencer may be back, Crayton, Austin, Bennett, Gurode, etc.

I did mean Aaron Ross, thanks! You are right about their team and their players and I obviously agree with how you believe we should be competitive regardless of our roster situation. Thanks for your great insight! I'm looking forward to this game, I actually feel as excited as the season opener.

18and1

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2385340 said:
Mathias Kiwanuka, Derek Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, etc are "YES" good serviceable/role players but not on the level of the players mentioned above.

I can very easily add a bunch of good serviceable/role players to the list as well. I think these players are still better. Greg Ellis, Bradie James, Spencer may be back, Crayton, Austin, Bennett, Gurode, etc.

I did mean Aaron Ross, thanks! You are right about their team and their players and I obviously agree with how you believe we should be competitive regardless of our roster situation. Thanks for your great insight! I'm looking forward to this game, I actually feel as excited as the season opener.
Well, Smith leads the Giants in receptions, and is Eli's #1 underneath man, when he's gotta move the chains. I would watch out for him. Kiwi had 3 sacks and a forced fumble last week, and is NFC Defensive Player of the Week, which is meaningless in of itself, but the guy can be a gamechanger when he's on. Derek Ward is my favorite of the Giants RB's at the moment, more so than Jacobs. But yeah, the rest of the guys I agree with you.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2385339 said:
We can win and we've got a good shot to win. There is a good shot that the Giants will come into this game and look at the fact that we're limping in, beaten up, and they could naturally start looking ahead. They can talk all they want about how that won't happen (Every team says that anyway) but then they go out, they don't focus, and we do and suddenly we steal a W away from them that they were assured of getting.

This is also very possible and of course would benefit us. I do think the Giants are one of the more focused and consistent teams in the league but we all saw what happened against the Browns.

The Giants did just come off a big win against Blitzburgh too and could be riding that high still. I do hear some of the vets on NY like Sam Madison and Amani Toomer talking about how winning this week can almost put us in a coffin because of the division and conference.

They are also saying that although we have many injuries we are the Cowboys and we still have dangerous players on our roster that they have to take seriously. They sound like they know it is necessary to be on their game. Of course they are doing more of the talking, which I like, where we are just going about our business this week and staying low profile. Good points BraveHeart!

BybeeBlitz

Reaction score
If Barber has 30 plus carries..our defense causes two turnovers and we get a special teams TD then we will only lose by 10...BOOK IT

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
As the week progresses I'm allowing myself to believe we have a shot, we'll see what happens. Hopefully the offense can get something together cause they have been just awful.

hutru01

Reaction score
BybeeBlitz;2385396 said:
If Barber has 30 plus carries..our defense causes two turnovers and we get a special teams TD then we will only lose by 10...BOOK IT

Ok, Sheshawn. ;)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
"Eli Manning (Not to worried about him but I'll throw him in"
haven't you guys learned yet? I kept hearing this last year even though he played very well in the 1st meeting and through out his careeer against Dallas. maybe it's because him and plax don't have Roy to pick on this year? I know the guy isn't Tom Brady but he is a very good qb.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2385392 said:
Folk hits from 50+

Yes he does my friend. That's why if he's around the 50 marker, be it 53 or 47 we can take the game on a FG.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BybeeBlitz;2385396 said:

If Barber gets 30 plus carries, which he won't and more like 25 carries and 5 catches, that means we had a very effective running game, kept NY's offense off the field and our D rested.

If our defense causes 2 turnovers knowing our D has barely been on the field then I guarantee we win the game. Book that!

Rampage: Eli doesn't suck, he's a very good QB and we need to account for him
You're right Rampage we do need to account for him and he has been effective against us and that is why he is in the player we need to watch out for list.

Nonetheless he is not the guy I am overly concerned with if we can get their running game under control and he is forced to put the game entirely on his shoulders. If we can make them 1 dimensional I like our chances of keeping them under 20 points because Eli will make errors if it's all on him.

A NY fan saw the post and did not even sneeze at how I outlined Eli. There's a reason for that. What he did do though is outline other players he felt we should be weary of like Steve Smith Kiwi and Bradshaw. I am aware of them also but they are no where near a T.O or D. Ware game dictating type of player.

My overall point is not to discount what they have player wise, but to cross reference game changers on both teams, difference makers that could keep any team in the game or win it and that's why we have a chance to win. We have more game changers even though we have this rash of injuries. I'm much more concerned about Brandon Jacobs and their running game than Eli. Especially if we get pressure and turn them 1 dimensional.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
This game will be won and or lost by our offensive line. period. We run block well, we win. We pass protect well, we win. I think the defense is fired up, so look for a t/o.

18and1

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2385451 said:
A NY fan saw the post and did not even sneeze at how I outlined Eli. There's a reason for that. What he did do though is outline other players he felt we should be weary of like Steve Smith Kiwi and Bradshaw. I am aware of them also but they are no where near a T.O or D. Ware game dictating type of player.

Not because I don't think Eli is good, but because I understand the perception of him around the league.