We can't blame Dak for holding us up from getting free agents!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
When Dak was making pennies in his rookie deal, or when they made his cap hit for the year look like a steal to help our cap, we STILL chose not to be active in Free Agency. Please give your thoughts, we blame Dak for a lot, in this situation, the blame goes on 2 people not 1!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but we know where this thread will go. :laugh:

They can make cap room if they choose.
Maybe they feel if they do it now, they will waste that cap space on some underwhelming FA's. So are waiting and will do so as they go.
A player is there, they will create the cap space.

I don't see much movement until near draft time. Once they get their big board set up, and see how realistic the draft plan may be.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It balances itself a bit. Dak is a better player than he was back then, but in trade off there’s no longer money for an all-pro LT, no pro bowl C, no high paid WR or TE (yet)

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah, but we know where this thread will go. :laugh:

They can make cap room if they choose.
Maybe they feel if they do it now, they will waste that cap space on some underwhelming FA's. So are waiting and will do so as they go.
A player is there, they will create the cap space.

I don't see much movement until near draft time. Once they get their big board set up, and see how realistic the draft plan may be.
You ruined my day please back up and slow down!!!! "They will waste that cap space on some underwhelming FA's", well why didn't you get someone who wasn't? Why not because you don't see value in only adding 1, they must feel we want ALL of the Tier 1 free agents!! It's not that serious, get one, then you can go down the line and get some guys to fill in that's all. They think too hard on this jazz

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It balances itself a bit. Dak is a better player than he was back then, but in trade off there’s no longer money for an all-pro LT, no pro bowl C, no high paid WR or TE (yet)
Or is there, but they haven't created the space yet to do so???? Maybe they don't want to keep kicking money down the line, I understand it but hey

LittleD

Reaction score
When Dak was making pennies in his rookie deal, or when they made his cap hit for the year look like a steal to help our cap, we STILL chose not to be active in Free Agency. Please give your thoughts, we blame Dak for a lot, in this situation, the blame goes on 2 people not 1!
No Jerry can't blame him, he just has to dump him. Can't afford to tie up more money in an over 30 loser who chokes in big games. Jerry just says, next man up.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No Jerry can't blame him, he just has to dump him. Can't afford to tie up more money in an over 30 loser who chokes in big games. Jerry just says, next man up.
We shall see if that happens (next man up) usually it's an injury that takes place and a backup comes in that is playing too well not to allow the starter back on the field, but I hear ya

LittleD

Reaction score
We shall see if that happens (next man up) usually it's an injury that takes place and a backup comes in that is playing too well not to allow the starter back on the field, but I hear ya
Jerry has his new man sitting on the bench waiting till next season like Romo. What's not to like. We have to start over anyway.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
You're right...ever since Jerry's son Romo left, Jerry has sat on his hands in free agency for the most part. That said...I blame the guy eating up the most cap space.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enough of this most overrated and inept leader of men.
Thank God the Dark days are at their end.
8 years of sauce and 2 playoff wins is his claim of fame.
Send him to the Peace Core or let him do a Cancer ward grand tour across the hospitals of the world.
8 years wasted for a C talent fraudo of QB ......................

CWR

Reaction score
They can make moves. They chose not to. Our FO doesn't like to spend unless it somehow validates how awesome they are at drafting/trading.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Enough of this most overrated and inept leader of men.
Thank God the Dark days are at their end.
8 years of sauce and 2 playoff wins is his claim of fame.
Send him to the Peace Core or let him do a Cancer ward grand tour across the hospitals of the world.
8 years wasted for a C talent fraudo of QB ......................
Every time I see 8 years I bite my nails, dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a long time, 2 playoff wins what the hell

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They can make moves. They chose not to. Our FO doesn't like to spend unless it somehow validates how awesome they are at drafting/trading.
what are those trades/drafting really getting us later in the year!??

bottleKids

Reaction score
You make a lot of threads.

khiladi

Reaction score
That’s because our roster was loaded and the youngest in the league…. We even had Sean Lee play 15 games.