We can't blame Dak for holding us up from getting free agents!

Chasing6

Reaction score
wonder why Aikman went 0-11 his rookie year with an average of 88 yards rushing per game.

Very interesting stat.

Year 2 went 7-8 93 yards rushing per game.
Year 3 went 7-5 106 yards rushing per game
Year 4 went 13-3 136 yards rushing per game
Year 5 went 11-3 135 yards rushing per game
Year 6 went 10-4 122 yards rushing per game
Year 7 went 12-4 138 yards rushing per game
Year 8 went 10-5 102 yards rushing per game
Year 9 went 6-10 102 yards rushing per game
Year 10 went 7-4 125 yards rushing per game
Year 11 went 7-7 128 yards rushing per game
Year 12 went 4-7 122 yards rushing per game
Anyone recall why we did not make it to the SB in 94? Did it have any to do with Troy's 3 picks in the NFC to the Niners that game and we ran for less than 100 yards?

What about 1996. We still had a good team right? We went 10-5 that year. When we lost to Carolina, did it have anything to do with Troy's 3 picks and less than 100 yards rushing?

My memory is just not that good anymore.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When the Truth stings the slights and insults begin.
Post whatever you want in the end your KING is Naked.................
huh? the truth is what I just said. I dare you to tell which part of what I said was wrong?
my comment was about going for a QB in the draft. you spun that into Dak sucks. you can not talk about anything else but Dak.
in fact you have never talked about anything else but Dak.

what are you going to do when Dak is gone? will you follow up to another team?
come on dude...your life on cowboys forum is about to end. the light is at the end of the tunnel. one more year. one more season. you will perish.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
huh? the truth is what I just said. I dare you to tell which part of what I said was wrong?
my comment was about going for a QB in the draft. you spun that into Dak sucks. you can not talk about anything else but Dak.
in fact you have never talked about anything else but Dak.

what are you going to do when Dak is gone? will you follow up to another team?
come on dude...your life on cowboys forum is about to end. the light is at the end of the tunnel. one more year. one more season. you will perish.
b68094e4-eccf-44fb-b858-ec9cc1e94d53_text.gif

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not blame the players for accepting a contract. Hell, I would if I was him. I do blame the front office for giving out this contract and the next one that I 100% believe he will get from the Cowboys in training camp. But you are correct Stephen likes building from the draft, only paying his own players even if they are way overpaid/ extended, and being too cheap with outside free agents.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Dak was making pennies in his rookie deal, or when they made his cap hit for the year look like a steal to help our cap, we STILL chose not to be active in Free Agency. Please give your thoughts, we blame Dak for a lot, in this situation, the blame goes on 2 people not 1!
When your girlfriend (Not yours) has a mustache no matter how you dress her (picking up talented Fa) she still will be the talk of the town and not in a good way.
Sign no one...........waste of cap dollars with inepto at QB.

Brax

Reaction score
Enough of this most overrated and inept leader of men.
Thank God the Dark days are at their end.
8 years of sauce and 2 playoff wins is his claim of fame.
Send him to the Peace Core or let him do a Cancer ward grand tour across the hospitals of the world.
8 years wasted for a C talent fraudo of QB ......................
As Dandy Don said it ain’t over till the fat lady sings. Until I hear turn out the lights the party’s over I won’t believe he’s gone

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never seen a front office in pro sports more “concerned” about cap limitations than the Cowboys. When Stephen Jones waxes on about how limited we are on cap space, the best NFL FOs say “hold my beer” and sign the guys they most want.

Brett Veach, the GM of the chiefs - who has the largest cap hit in the league with Mahomes - somehow is able to sign key FAs to make them better every year.

Cmac

Reaction score
But Dak is the Fall Guy. See how easy that is to cover up other miscues in the front office, on the sidelines, or on the field?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Between Dak, his old buddy the RB (who is now gone), and his old buddy the LT (who is now gone), we have spent 67 million (25% of the cap). What a waste.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Between Dak, his old buddy the RB (who is now gone), and his old buddy the LT (who is now gone), we have spent 67 million (25% of the cap). What a waste.
that RB would love to come back for one more stint, some fans on here want him back, STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
We never won because of Dak as our defense or running attack carried the Bum.
9 wins (when our rushing attack has under 100 yards) in 8 seasons proves the above.
TRASH QB and now we have to gut the team for this BUM..........GUT AWAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW!
GIkJLZpaQAEADsw.jpg

This proves it. Dak Prescott never lead the Cowboys merely on the strength of his arm. If anything what it proves is that if you have a game come down to Dak Prescott making a play with his arm to get you the win there is a good chance that you are going to lose that game.

Reaction score
When Dak was making pennies in his rookie deal, or when they made his cap hit for the year look like a steal to help our cap, we STILL chose not to be active in Free Agency. Please give your thoughts, we blame Dak for a lot, in this situation, the blame goes on 2 people not 1!
It's rarely the QB's fault, he's just a guy playing football, trying his best and pulling in as much money as the market will allow. It will always be the GM/coach's fault, they're the ones that continue to build unbalanced teams with overpaid "superstars". Dak and Romo are both good QBs who were asked to carry teams that had fatal flaws, not many QBs in the league that can do that so it's likely whoever the next QB is in Dallas will have the same daunting task.

For the record though, Romo >> Dak and I'm not sure that even with a balanced team Dak wouldn't fold under the pressure :cool: .

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
It's rarely the QB's fault, he's just a guy playing football, trying his best and pulling in as much money as the market will allow. It will always be the GM/coach's fault, they're the ones that continue to build unbalanced teams with overpaid "superstars". Dak and Romo are both good QBs who were asked to carry teams that had fatal flaws, not many QBs in the league that can do that so it's likely whoever the next QB is in Dallas will have the same daunting task.

For the record though, Romo >> Dak and I'm not sure that even with a balanced team Dak wouldn't fold under the pressure :cool: .
Well, you might prefer Ohno over Daffy Dak but...I think you're misremembering how many times Romo spit the bit in crunchtime. His 2008 team was better than any team Dak played on...and he played like Dak in the playoffs against the Giants.

At this point...six in one hand, half-dozen in the other.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
It's a sign that the Jones boys don't know what they're doing... Dak's rookie contract was the perfect time to strike while the iron is hot and get free agents. They did go dumpster diving to sign a few players during that time. That window of opportunity was wide open however the Jones boys decided to slam it shut.

With Dak's contract, NOW they (allegedly) want to play ball but can't do anything worthwhile because of Dak's contract. Their stupidity may force it to where they may have to re-sign Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stevie Jones had like 2 years to figure this thing out cap wise. He failed. Agree, its not on Dak. Its on the Jones boys. Lazy GM-ing is how we always get in a pickle. They knew what Dak signed.

Brax

Reaction score
What was the thinking during pregame prep/the week prep of the game, did we feel we already won the game and we wanted to save energy for our next game in the playoffs???
No need the energy for TC , MM didn’t need to prepare them, like he said I know how to win, only problem is he had AR to fix his problems in GB and he doesn’t have that in Dallas.

Brax

Reaction score
I’ve never seen a front office in pro sports more “concerned” about cap limitations than the Cowboys. When Stephen Jones waxes on about how limited we are on cap space, the best NFL FOs say “hold my beer” and sign the guys they most want.

Brett Veach, the GM of the chiefs - who has the largest cap hit in the league with Mahomes - somehow is able to sign key FAs to make them better every year.
Didn’t T Hill walk because of cap space and when you have a guy like Mahomes or Allen that covers a lot of holes for the cost, let’s be honest when you pay too dollars to a QB who isn’t a game changer then problems begin trying to find players to carry him.