We didn't even interview Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I was too busy laughing at Jerry being Jerry in the post 1st round PC, but thought someone mentioned they talked to Lamb at the combine, and thought Stephen said they spoke to Lincoln Riley frequently because of their relationship with him.

I don’t know, as a vocal critic of the Jones twins, I can’t find fault with them here. Seemed this was a top 10 talent that fell in their laps. If it doesn’t work out, it’s on CeeDee.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per sources.... on the Herd... This is going to come back to bite us. Mark my words. Just watching Lamb last night...and the crowd he was hanging with...felt like I was watching Huggy bear. He needs to get his women in order. Not the path we should have taken. And this is what kills me about Jerry....he just doesn't put in the work to find out about players. That's laziness. This feels like a situation where because we didn't do our due diligence...we may have fallen into a trap.
It's actually not that rare. Every draft there are players that say they were surprised because the team that drafted them never talked to them before the draft. It's not just something that happens with the Cowboys.

As for the rest of your post, sure seems like you have made a lot of assumptions based on next to no real information. I can't help thinking there would have to be some preconceived biases for you think you know anything about the crowd Lamb was hanging with or what Lamb needs to do with his life based on brief video of him sitting in a room with other people.

I've never seen a report that questioned his character, and to my knowledge he has not been a problem guy in college, so why shouldn't he get the benefit of the doubt now? Oh, but wait, that would leave you with nothing to post ...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
From the photo, it looks like ripped jeans are back in style. I don't go out much nowadays so I have no idea what is in or out. I just wish I wouldn't have thrown away all my ripped jeans now. I think I don't have to regret throwing away the skinny jeans though since I doubt they will ever be back. Same with the pleats.

It would have been a picture for the ages if someone there had the foresight to have some Cowboy gear on.

superonyx

Reaction score
920x920.jpg

What a threatening bunch......them darn thugs!!!!!!!

@Floatyworm you're a clown.
Looks like a well dressed group. Beautiful woman. They even found some balloons and pizza hut. Seems like a nice house. Modern iron staircase.
I guess floaty sees a bunch of losers in a crack house.

I'm sure the mood in the room became tense when 2 WR's were drafted before CeeDee. Every spot you drop cost you money.

This thread is sad.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why don’t you tell the whole story. Cowherd said we didn’t interview him because we 100% thought he would be gone before we picked at 17, and they didn’t want to waste an interview on someone that we didn’t think would be there. We got lucky ** and there’s no way this pick bites us in the ***. Look at the 15 players taken after we took Lamb, I wouldn’t trade him for 3 of those guys combined... this dude will open up the passing game and more importantly the run game!

Right. How often does the #6 guy on the board with no red flags drops to 17?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Right. How often does the #6 guy on the board with no red flags drops to 17?

Because he wasn't rated that by most of the league - he was always a top 12-15 guy. This forum is acting like he is the next Randy Moss. A couple scouts already came out saying they think he's overrated.

btcutter

Reaction score
Per sources.... on the Herd... This is going to come back to bite us. Mark my words. Just watching Lamb last night...and the crowd he was hanging with...felt like I was watching Huggy bear. He needs to get his women in order. Not the path we should have taken. And this is what kills me about Jerry....he just doesn't put in the work to find out about players. That's laziness. This feels like a situation where because we didn't do our due diligence...we may have fallen into a trap.

I agree that we should have interviewed him. Last time we didn't interview someone and took someone high was Clayborne CB from LSU.
We knew there was a chance a WR drop due to abundance of them and a run at QB/OT. Should have done better at preparation. No excuses.

However, I still think we did the right thing by taking him. He's a top tier WR which no one questions. Productive every years from HS on up with 3 different college QBs. He may not have the numbers that other WR selected this year in 1st or 2nd but that's likely due to presence of Cooper, Gallup and Zeke. Nevertheless, his impact will be felt because he'll be our 3rd WR and I like Lamb vs any 3rd CB in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because he wasn't rated that by most of the league - he was always a top 12-15 guy. This forum is acting like he is the next Randy Moss. A couple scouts already came out saying they think he's overrated.
Hmmmmm....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...p-players-rankings/1fl3kppyra1bv10c1ghe8bfylh
He's ranked #8

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...spects-with-21-wide-receivers-making-top-100/

nfldraftbigboard
Walterfootball #6
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kyle-crabbs--2020-nfl-draft-big-boardposition-rankings

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/03/draft-big-board-updated-top-100-prospects

You are lying again Matthew.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Y'all not gonna kill me joy about getting Lamb. Sorry. Y'all can make all the posts y'all want.......we went from Randall Cobb to Cee Dee Lamb. Y'all can stay mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.