We didn't even try with Tyron Smith

Gambit

Reaction score
The OP was in the room when the team met with Tyron's agent and knows exactly what was said and what the agent asked for.
How dare we question his statement that the team didn't even try. He was there, he knows we just served caviar and Johnny Walker and talked about the good old days.

How I wish we could have more fans like the OP.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyler, Bass, Draft top shelf center first round, Martin, Steel.

Draft Bensen or Brooks in 2nd.

Thinking optimistic here.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
This year is about letting go of frequently injured guys and unproductive players, Gallup, LVE, Tyron, lets see who else?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
We're blowing it up.

Why are we still acting confused?
While I don't like this answer - I have finally come to the conclusion you are correct.
This cannot be the blatant stupidity I thought it was.
It must be cold hearted, planned and being executed.
I have no other way to explain it - and it makes me sad they are so arrogant and have mapped out this plan that is happening right before us.
Sad.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
While I don't like this answer - I have finally come to the conclusion you are correct.
This cannot be the blatant stupidity I thought it was.
It must be cold hearted, planned and being executed.
I have no other way to explain it - and it makes me sad they are so arrogant and have mapped out this plan that is happening right before us.
Sad.
It's not sad. It's for the best.

Everyone they are letting go never won anything for us and are just a year older with a year more of wear and tear on em.

It's time.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I wish they would look to love on from one of these guys in line for big pay days. Free up space to participate in free agency and get some draft picks at the same time. Continuing to run it back isn’t working.
As fans we want to see our players develop in to top players, but with that comes a time when they have to be paid. The question is do you keep those players you developed or let them go? Teams over spend in FA and most of the time the player isn't worth the money. So, if a player is worthy of a bump in pay wouldn't it make sense to keep your own? I mean the time and effort put in by both the coaches and players have to have some rewards. Or is it a better option to rely on FA and draft players that seldom stay long term?
Tyler, Bass, Draft top shelf center first round, Martin, Steel.

Draft Bensen or Brooks in 2nd.

Thinking optimistic here.
Pretty much spot on. I see Barton as the pick...his versatility allows for some moving around of the pieces to find the best mix. Bass is going to be tested at center too.
I think moving Tyler back to LT is wise...just so you have the experience there. Some disagree and think he would be better at guard, and maybe so, but he is a pretty good LT too.
By the time we are on the clock we can be looking at the 5th/6th rated OT's...are they an upgrade over Tyler Smith at OT? Or do we possibly take the best rated player at his position in Barton? The bottom line is what is best for the unit as a whole.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a risk.

The draft doesn’t always work.
We will be hearing a lot more of these..............
Holding # 73 ............A big difference between playing G and T.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
As fans we want to see our players develop in to top players, but with that comes a time when they have to be paid. The question is do you keep those players you developed or let them go? Teams over spend in FA and most of the time the player isn't worth the money. So, if a player is worthy of a bump in pay wouldn't it make sense to keep your own? I mean the time and effort put in by both the coaches and players have to have some rewards. Or is it a better option to rely on FA and draft players that seldom stay long term?
I don't think there is only one answer there, but it changes with each situation. At some point you can't just keep churning your roster and have to pay your guys when the window to compete is open. My fear for the Cowboys is that window is closing rapidly with the current core. They've pretty much maxed out the number of mega contracts a team can afford and along with that are seeing 2nd/3rd tier guys walk with (so far) little to no path to replacing them with equal or better talent. If that's true for this year and we wont see them make any other significant moves to compete I would absolutely look at alternative ways to improve the roster.

I'm a huge Lamb fan, but if you could free your books of a top WR contract over the next 3-5 years plus acquire a 1st and 2nd round draft pick I think it's tough to pass up. IMO that is how you improve your roster if you dont have the money to participate in free agency.

I'm not saying you gut the team, but I think it likely makes sense to move on from someone from the Bland, Parsons, Prescott, Lamb class that is about to all get paid. My gut tells me the Cowboys are getting ready to move on from Dak in order to keep the rest of that group, but there are plenty of threads on that subject already.