We didn't even try with Tyron Smith

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw some big guys down at lowes hardware, maybe we can do what the skins did for their QB a few years ago.
Damn, I didn't know you got out of the house much....were you buying a dog house for your Puppy?
:muttley:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're currently in a place where we aren't spending in Free Agency and we're entering the draft with more holes than we have draft picks.
Free agency doesn't end today. It keeps going. The Cowboys could trade for a couple of players like they did last year. Plus the draft.

Training camp doesn't start for 4 months.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I wanted them to bring Tyron back, but if there was a year to take a 1st Round LT it's this draft.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tyron's actually salary is $6.5M with incentives that could move him all the way up to $20M.
We're currently in a place where we aren't spending in Free Agency and we're entering the draft with more holes than we have draft picks.
Tyron was always a good soldier and worked with us for years by taking discounts and restructuring his deal. And to repay him we send him to NY knowing he wanted to retire a cowboy.
Oh, and we STILL need a Left Tackle. And we still haven't firmly decided what we'll do with Tyler Smith. I don't understand what they're thinking.
You are in on the meetings to say THEY haven't decided what they are doing with Smith?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Tyron can't even practice without getting injured nowadays. We needed someone more reliable.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Just because some of you don't understand the economics of keeping a team balanced and competitive doesn't mean there isn't a plan. All of you who want the Cowboys to spend feverishly now are also the ones who will cry when we wouldn't be able to resign Ceedee, Parsons and Bland. Yes, there are ways to manipulate the money, but you are going to eventually pay the piper. And Dallas isn't going to get their feet stuck in too deep.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just because some of you don't understand the economics of keeping a team balanced and competitive doesn't mean there isn't a plan. All of you who want the Cowboys to spend feverishly now are also the ones who will cry when we wouldn't be able to resign Ceedee, Parsons and Bland. Yes, there are ways to manipulate the money, but you are going to eventually pay the piper. And Dallas isn't going to get their feet stuck in too deep.
Stop.

lkelly

Reaction score
Tyron's actually salary is $6.5M with incentives that could move him all the way up to $20M.
Tyron was always a good soldier and worked with us for years by taking discounts and restructuring his deal. And to repay him we send him to NY knowing he wanted to retire a cowboy.
Oh, and we STILL need a Left Tackle. And we still haven't firmly decided what we'll do with Tyler Smith. I don't understand what they're thinking.
Can you explain how they "sent him to NY?"

Did Jerry put him on his plane like he was Greg Abbott and Tyron wasn't holding a green card?

Creeper

Reaction score
In any argument both sides seem to want to debate the extremes. I don't think anyone is suggesting the Cowboys spend feverishly in free agency. We would like to see at least some spending to actually improve the team. Even if we sign just one top DT, then a Kendricks type player, it would at least show us the Cowboys know they have a problem on defense and they are trying to fix it. I don't believe we need to do what Washington did and sign 10 players. But one or two would be helpful. We can't sit back and do nothing while every other team in the league uses the FA opportunity to fix their own problems. The Cowboys are heading into 2024 with a weaker roster than 2023. That is a fact. But the Joneses will expect us to believe that we have a better chance to win in 2024. We are just sick of the gaslighting.

I can't wait until after the draft when we hear that they found 5 starters and what a great draft it is. Because of what they have done so far in Free Agency, if it likely no matter who they draft will have to start simply because there is no one else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They did try. The two couldn’t come together on a deal.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wish they would look to love on from one of these guys in line for big pay days. Free up space to participate in free agency and get some draft picks at the same time. Continuing to run it back isn’t working.

Aven8

Reaction score
He has a better chance to win a SB with Rogers fully healthy and that defense than he does here. Easy choice for him.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
In any argument both sides seem to want to debate the extremes. I don't think anyone is suggesting the Cowboys spend feverishly in free agency. We would like to see at least some spending to actually improve the team. Even if we sign just one top DT, then a Kendricks type player, it would at least show us the Cowboys know they have a problem on defense and they are trying to fix it. I don't believe we need to do what Washington did and sign 10 players. But one or two would be helpful. We can't sit back and do nothing while every other team in the league uses the FA opportunity to fix their own problems. The Cowboys are heading into 2024 with a weaker roster than 2023. That is a fact. But the Joneses will expect us to believe that we have a better chance to win in 2024. We are just sick of the gaslighting.

I can't wait until after the draft when we hear that they found 5 starters and what a great draft it is. Because of what they have done so far in Free Agency, if it likely no matter who they draft will have to start simply because there is no one else.
I agree, I wanted to see a little more activity too. But I knew what to expect, every year is the same. The thing is the process has just started and by the time TC rolls around there will be several new faces brought in either by draft, FA and trades. There are going to be players released after the draft that will take smaller contracts in hopes of landing a job. Find bridge gap fillers and build through the draft...the MO hasn't changed.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
It is like they forgot that they needed a business plan and are using scratch notes to decide the progress of the off season.