We dodged a big one with Gregory

calicowboy54

Reaction score
on 1 hand yep got paid and got surgry to sit out.

on the other hand he could not afford that surgery pre contract so now he's getting it cleaned up HAHAHAHA

blueblood70

Reaction score
because he got routine surgery in the off-season?
rotator cuffs are not routine..can be an issue even after surgery.. but we dodged bullet , 6 sacks =28mil guaranteed and his attitude after leaving

i mean sign it with the clause why not if you are that confident you arent getting suspended again,.,sign it..lmao.good riddance. Fowler easily replaces Gregory..

Proof

Reaction score
But why didn't he get it earlier in the off-season? I guess if the team he's on is footing the bill it had to wait until he was under contract.

no clue. just don’t see it as indicative of anything (personally)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
But why didn't he get it earlier in the off-season? I guess if the team he's on is footing the bill it had to wait until he was under contract.
Evidently, all NFL players have medical insurance to get that stuff done at any time; even after they are cut/not signed as FAs. It came up with Antonio Brown trying to justify not having had his ankle surgery yet and Shannon Sharpe called him on it.

Proof

Reaction score
If he would have signed with Dallas, and had the surgery, this place would be going ballistic by the usuals.
And rotator cuffs are tricky, once an issue, they can be a lingering issue.

yeah, i spoke too soon. misread the article and thought it was just a scope. so yeah we may have indeed dodged a bullet.

as far as the timing it sounds like he was just looking to treat the injury abs the broncos pushed for him to get it fixed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I had rotator cup surgery years ago before I retired years later. It took 6 weeks of daily rehab several times a day.

Was that surgery for Gregory an expenditure for the Cowboys, or did Denver have to cover the cost?

bewp7

Reaction score
yes randy is either hurt or suspended most of the time

i will miss his 1-2 game a year where he will flash and be a monster wont miss the rest where he is invisble or not playing

Reactions: CWR

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The guy is an OLB not a DE. So Dallas was stupid in offering him that much money as a DE.

But if he'd had the surgery before signing, he would not have been able to pass a physical. Plus a team knowing he just had surgery, would have pushed his value down.

PS- I think he's going to light it up as an OLB in Denver.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had rotator cup surgery years ago before I retired years later. It took 6 weeks of daily rehab several times a day.

Was that surgery for Gregory an expenditure for the Cowboys, or did Denver have to cover the cost?
I had rotator cuff surgery a couple of years ago, and was out of work for 6 months. My shoulder is just now starting to feel about 95%. But I'm 58 years old tomorrow, and mine was torn for 13 years before I got the surgery. I don't know what the normal recovery time is for an NFL player.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The guy is an OLB not a DE. So Dallas was stupid in offering him that much money as a DE.

But if he'd had the surgery before signing, he would not have been able to pass a physical. Plus a team knowing he just had surgery, would have pushed his value down.

PS- I think he's going to light it up as an OLB in Denver.
He will definately light it up. Most of all Gregory's problems stemmed from Weed.

The reason he went to Denver is because he wanted to go to Denver because weed is legal.
His decision and I could care less.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I would have passed in Gregory

Cowboys didn’t pass btw…they offered him a stupid large contact