We don’t have the personnel to stop the run

YerocDeam

Reaction score
Sure Hankins would have helped today, but the personnel in DQs scheme are too small to get off run blocks. It’s a flaw inherent to the profiles he’s looking for to pressure the QB and cover in the passing game. Furthermore, their tackling is atrocious. It seems like they are trying to make the big hit or strip the ball instead of wrapping up. Pursuit angles were also terrible.

lostar2009

Reaction score
The hope was Mazi help out on this. But I was beating the table for a quality DT and true LB. FO dont care although they gotten blown out by the 49ers. So this will be our down fall in the playoffs.

John813

Reaction score
They attacked Parsons and he was Robert Quinn out there.

Good ole team *** whooping

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s always been about the LB’s folks. The 2007 Gents couldn’t stop the run either. But they didn’t need to. This is a passing league. Outside of SF, we won’t face a running team until we play Buffalo in the SB.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It's true. Any team that has the fortitude to pound the ball will beat us.

That's why there really isn't much hope for this year. At some point, we'll have to face SF and they know what to do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add lb to the list of boo-boos he neglected,but I also put blame on Quinn for not pushing for it
Who is to say Dan Quinn did not advocate adding any late acquisitions to the defense? Brian Schottenheimer did not push for Trey Lance. He got him anyway. As a surprise to boot.

YerocDeam

Reaction score
I don’t place full responsibility on Jerry for the personnel decisions. I believe he fully trusts Quinn and gets him players that fit a certain profile.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
Guess who leads the NFL in yards per rush attempt - Miami. They're second in rushing yards per game.

They're going to be salivating watching today's game video.
Vegas says the same as the Cowboys will continue to be underdogs, another road loss looms.

Mark

Reaction score
Well...how did DAL stop the run all year? This afternoon, we were introduced to the first guy to have a 100 yd. rushing day against the Cowboys.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Well...how did DAL stop the run all year? This afternoon, we were introduced to the first guy to have a 100 yd. rushing day against the Cowboys.
Teams didn’t get up big and commit to the run.