We drafted B.C. again

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
What did Jerry call Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

What do I keep hearing about Bruce Carter? He is a finesse linebacker who has trouble shedding blocks and misses tackles.

After missing on Carpenter you'd think Jerry would learn not to draft these kinds linebackers. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheRat;3933030 said:
What did Jerry called Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

What do I keep hearing about Bruce Carter? He is a finesse linebacker who has trouble shedding blocks and misses tackles.

After missing on Carpenter you'd think Jerry would learn not to draft these kinds linebackers. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess...

yea, we certainly can't teach you to quit ragging on jones every chance you get, can we? that would also be new.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
iceberg;3933035 said:
yea, we certainly can't teach you to quit ragging on jones every chance you get, can we? that would also be new.

:hammer:

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
iceberg;3933035 said:
Really? I don't rag on jones all that much.

Reaction score
When did Jerry Jones call Carter finesse? I haven't heard anyone call him a finesse LB, he's got speed and power and uses them well on the football field. Trust me Butch Davis LOVES this kid and highly recommended him to Dallas, I talked to my buddy down in UNC last night.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
iceberg;3933044 said:
well no more than 1238 times so far, no.
care to post some of these threads. I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3933046 said:
When did Jerry Jones call Carter finesse?

he didn't but therat doesn't like him so it's time to start the mudd-patrol on him.

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheRat;3933030 said:
What did Jerry call Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

For starters, Carp was a Parcells pick all the way. Jerry get's a minor pass on that one.

And next, if you can't see the difference between Bruce Carter and Bobby Carpenter athletically, then maybe you should follow another sport.

Come on Rat, you watched enough football to know these two are not the same player.

Am I a fan of the pick? I have mixed feelings given what else was available and carters acl issue. But Bruce Carter is a 3 down LB who could be elite down the road.

Marktui

Reaction score
TheRat;3933030 said:
What did Jerry called Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

He has something that Carpenter never had-SPEED. The kid can go sideline to sideline. He does look like he is out of control when he gets there (I saw some horse collar tackles), speed cannot be coached up. Carp is not a sideline to sideline player he is limited athletically.

Maybe Ryan and the new LB coach could have had a hand in this as well. Carp was more of a BP pick as well, lets not totally blame Jones for that.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
DFWJC;3933052 said:
For starters, Carp was a Parcells pick all the way. Jerry get's a minor pass on that one.

And next, if you can't see the differcne between Bruce Carter and Bobby Carpenter athletically, then maybe you should follow another sport.
:laugh2:

VThokie7

Reaction score
TheRat;3933030 said:

Have you ever seen Bruce Carter play? or are you just an internet scout? There is a reason he would've been a top 15-20 pick.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
DFWJC;3933052 said:

And next, if you can't see the differcne between Bruce Carter and Bobby Carpenter athletically, then maybe you should follow another sport.
Not saying he is responsible for the Carp pick, but he should know better after the Carpenter debacle.

Moreover, Carpenter was considered an athletic linebacker, which is why he was used on third downs so much. And of course Jason Williams was an athlete...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I can understand comparisons to Darrin Smith or Kevin Burnett, but Barbie Carpenter? Shut up.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
per scouts INC

Possesses functional strength for size. Flashes quick-twitch explosiveness at the point of attack, however does not always fire his gun. Is too much of a finesse player. Needs to play with more aggression. Absorbs too many blocks and rarely plays with reckless abandon. He will occasionally work around blockers when he should take him on. Not as tough as we'd like to see at this position, which is a significant concern. Also can do a better job of taking on blocks with proper shoulder to maintain gap control with run fits. Will turn shoulder when taking on blocks and slim lower body makes him easily engulfed by bigger blockers in phone booth situations.

also per scouts INC, this is what I like about Carter

Excellent overall athlete and possesses sideline-to-sideline range. Easy mover and changes directions well laterally. Takes sound angles to the ball and flashes ability to maneuver through traffic but pursuit angles are inconsistent. He overruns some plays, which leads to missed tackles. Closing burst is outstanding and can make up ground in pursuit from behind.

Is a smooth moving, quick and agile LB with a lot of upside in coverage. Possesses great range in zone coverage and gets adequate depth in drops. However, needs to show more awareness for crossers behind him. Has the ability to stick with RB's and TEs when matched up in man coverage. Excellent ball skills for a LB (see: 11:53 2nd QTR vs. Rutgers 2010). Flashes the explosiveness to run through RB's on blitzes. Certainly possesses the closing burst to get home when having a clear run at QB. However, does not have the power and ability to counter once initially slowed by bigger offensive lineman.