We drafted B.C. again

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
zrinkill;3933268 said:
He never has.

i wasn't even going to bother to play his "show me" game.

been there, done that, know the game he plays and it's old.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
iceberg;3933276 said:
i wasn't even going to bother to play his "show me" game.

been there, done that, know the game he plays and it's old.
sure :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheRat;3933279 said:

i see a lot of people who remember it like i do, so it can't just be me and my imagination, can it? NO! :cool:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
30yrheel;3933266 said:
do you guys like anybody?

Well for instance I like Sean Lee more than BC2, I like Doug Free more than Tyron Smith, and I like Felix more than Murray. That said I think Murray has a strong shot to win a 3rd down back role, Carter the same with nickel LB, and Smith certainly ought to be able to lock down RT. But I do worry that they're drafting skillsets more than football players which hasn't always worked out for them.

goshan

Reaction score
Why is it always one side or the other for most of you guys?

Is Carter a finesse LB? He sure looks like it in the videos. And most 'experts' say he is. Doesn't mean Jones is dumb or it was a bad pick.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
iceberg;3933301 said:
i see a lot of people who remember it like i do, so it can't just be me and my imagination, can it? NO! :cool:
there is a search function on this site. I tried finding this mythical thread. Couldn't.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
goshan;3933373 said:

Is Carter a finesse LB? He sure looks like it in the videos. And most 'experts' say he is. Doesn't mean Jones is dumb or it was a bad pick.
facts can be inconvenient sometimes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheRat;3933030 said:
What did Jerry call Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

What do I keep hearing about Bruce Carter? He is a finesse linebacker who has trouble shedding blocks and misses tackles.

After missing on Carpenter you'd think Jerry would learn not to draft these kinds linebackers. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess...

Who said he was a finesse player? Maybe I missed that, but so far I haven't heard or read that.

And he just been selected, so you are comparing him to BC already. IMO, still, I say they screwed BC up, moving him around every other day. How was he supposed to learn his position, when he didn't know what his position was.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
goshan;3933373 said:

It's because so many people want to get rid of Bradie. And I don't understand that. The guy is probably the second best tackler on the team after Ware and you want to replace him with a finesse player? I hate that thought. And Sturm is right about drafting a nickel LB every year. Hopefully this guy can do the job for 3 years but I do not look for him to replace Bradie.

Angus

Reaction score
iceberg;3933049 said:
he didn't but therat doesn't like him so it's time to start the mudd-patrol on him.

I doubt the rat knows anything about him. He just likes to agitate and get a scuffle started. Irresponsible.

:)

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
It's hilarious that a forum closed about 9 months ago is fueling most of these responses. I'm hoping however that Rob Ryan and LB coach can get Carter ready to play...I wouldn't call him Carpenter just yet.

Bigtommyb

Reaction score
TheRat;3933030 said:
What did Jerry call Bobby Carpenter? A finesse linebacker right? Not so good for a position that is based on knocking the ever loving **** out of the opposing player.

What do I keep hearing about Bruce Carter? He is a finesse linebacker who has trouble shedding blocks and misses tackles.

After missing on Carpenter you'd think Jerry would learn not to draft these kinds linebackers. Can't teach an old dog new tricks I guess...

Your mistaken because Carter is more athletic and just plays siseline to sideline. He blocked like seven kicks one year. If he is healthy it's a good pick, We run a 3-4 if our guys do our job up front he'll tackle, that's not his problem.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
a lot of homers on this board.

our 2nd and 3rd round picks are situational players. Didn't Jerry say a couple of years ago he stopped drafting role players and is only drafting starters now? Whatever happened to that?