Twitter: We forget, selecting Zeke 4th overall was more about Romo, not Dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, the kicker drove the ball down the field to set up the field goals? Who knew!
Well, which is it?

Did Prescott score 11 extra points, as you proclaimed in your post? Or did Prescott (along with the rest of the offense by the why) drive the field to give Bailey the opportunities to kick field goals and extra points?

There is zero harm in any sports conversation of stating what actually happens during a game, etc., that is being discussed. Football is a team sport. That fact is neither a slight nor denigration to any individual player, including quarterbacks.

Let us apply your sarcasm a step further. What if Bailey had a horrible game and flubbed all his field goals and extra point attempts? Should Prescott have been WRONGFULLY blamed for not putting points on the scoreboard after he alone (my sarcasm) got Bailey into scoring position?

Sometimes participants engaged in conversation want their cake and eat it too.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
In Sweden on business.

You seriously need to revisit that game and the Atlanta game after it.

You seriously need to revisit the game, obviously.

It'll help you to know what youre talking about

But your football acumen is probably beyond saving, it just isnt there.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was the pick to find an Emmitt Smith type player. Some of you guys forget, the Cowboys have been a smash mouth running team since the early 60's.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Romo played virtually his whole career with a one dimensional offense with the exception of 2014 when he had Demarco healthy for the whole year. If not for Murray’s critical fumble in the playoff game against Green Bay which most people forget about, they might have went all the way. Tony’s injury against Seattle in the preseason (2016), ruined what should’ve been a certain SB run that year. Dak did a great job as a rookie but his flaws were already starting to show about mid season. Zeke and the Oline were the reason we had the success that we had that year. When Tony was healthy they should’ve put him back in. The early playoff exit was predictable
noone forgot the fumble but didnt never miss dan baily miss 2 FGs as well? most of the playoff history where Romo didnt advance and some how label him a choker, which was NOT true, was on other players untimely mistakes..or the Dez no catch on the refs..

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s a good point. We really don’t know if 2016 Romo would have been as good as 2014. At least for the duration of the season. All we saw was brief drive in one game. And while it looked awesome it was a very small sample.

At least you agree that Romo in his prime was a much greater QB than Prescott has been this far. I was so proud of you when I saw this. And I’d agree with your assessment of Romo in 2015.

I try to call it like I see it.

My username probably gives some a misconception about me. Yes I like Dak and I happen to believe in his ability. But I am not blind and try my best to call a spade a spade.

If I had known how arguments on this message board could get and the history of Romo/Dak issues (I joined the board in Dak’s second season). I would have definitely chose a less divisive username. Lol

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Well, which is it?

Did Prescott score 11 extra points, as you proclaimed in your post? Or did Prescott (along with the rest of the offense by the why) drive the field to give Bailey the opportunities to kick field goals and extra points?

There is zero harm in any sports conversation of stating what actually happens during a game, etc., that is being discussed. Football is a team sport. That fact is neither a slight nor denigration to any individual player, including quarterbacks.

Let us apply your sarcasm a step further. What if Bailey had a horrible game and flubbed all his field goals and extra point attempts? Should Prescott have been WRONGFULLY blamed for not putting points on the scoreboard after he alone (my sarcasm) got Bailey into scoring position?

Sometimes participants engaged in conversation want their cake and eat it too.

As the starting QB, Dak lead the team to 30 points. You’re just being a contrarian and wanting to argue just to argue. That’s the way everyone always looks at it when talking about the QB. He engineered a 30 point game. End of story.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As the starting QB, Dak lead the team to 30 points. You’re just being a contrarian and wanting to argue just to argue. That’s the way everyone always looks at it when talking about the QB. He engineered a 30 point game. End of story.
Cowboyszone.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo played a weaker Packers defense in 2014 in the playoffs. How many point did they score?

21, but yet he would have put up at least 50 according to you?

Sit down kid. this is a conversation for grown ups
:lmao: Defensively, the 2014 Packers in GB were leagues better than the 2016 Packers on the road. The 2016 Packers defense on the road was terrible particularly against the pass where Dak's performance in the playoffs was slightly below average compared to the rest of their season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The packers had 10 of their 11 starters, the players injured for the Packers?
WR Jordy Nelson
RB James Starks
C Trotte
CB Rollins

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THEY WERE MISSING EVERYBODY AND THAT YOU ARE TIRED OF TEACHING ME FOOTBALL WHEN YOU'RE THE DUMB ASK WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT EVER?

I give you free football lessons and this is what you come back with? No more. I'm charging you for this knowledge for now on. I'll PM you my paypal
No team put 50 up on them either lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:lmao: Defensively, the 2014 Packers in GB were leagues better than the 2016 Packers on the road. The 2016 Packers defense on the road was terrible particularly against the pass where Dak's performance in the playoffs was slightly below average compared to the rest of their season.
You guys will create any narrative you can to boost up Romo and down a Dak. It’s laughable lol.

erod

Reaction score
You seriously need to revisit the game, obviously.

It'll help you to know what youre talking about

But your football acumen is probably beyond saving, it just isnt there.
We're rehashed that game over and over and over, and you still want to hang on to it like it meant anything.

Non-thinking football fans see the name "Packers" and overrate everything. That was a horrible football team with one great player.

Dak took forever to get going and threw the dumbest interception you'll ever see. A bubble screen straight to the cornerback. It was hilariously stupid.

The Packers were walking wounded defensively. They were a mess. Atlanta showed how bad they were. They lost 5 of 6 in the middle of that season. Rodgers and McCarthy were not on speaking terms.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're rehashed that game over and over and over, and you still want to hang on to it like it meant anything.

Non-thinking football fans see the name "Packers" and overrate everything. That was a horrible football team with one great player.

Dak took forever to get going and threw the dumbest interception you'll ever see. A bubble screen straight to the cornerback. It was hilariously stupid.

The Packers were walking wounded defensively. They were a mess. Atlanta showed how bad they were. They lost 5 of 6 in the middle of that season. Rodgers and McCarthy were not on speaking terms.
Yep

And why stats often don’t tell the whole story. While it was awful we gave up 3rd and 20 . Tough to advance when you can’t make stops like that but we had opportunity to put the game away on possession before which Dak missed an open receiver in end zone. Then you take out the possibility of a HOFamer pulling a miracle out of the hat.

But fans will say we can’t blame the loss on Dak. And I get that but we did have opportunities to close it out and the awful beginning to the game offensively put us on our heels.

Much like the playoff game last year with Rams. Yes, we can’t give up 275 yards rushing. But when you’re playing a prolific offense like Rams you can’t go 1 for 10 in 3rd down conversions .

Our strength offensively is dominating time of possession. The Rams challenged Dak to beat them over the top stifling Elliott and we didn’t have an answer. Teams will continue to use this blueprint against us.

Number1

Reaction score
Ideally, he was going be a younger, cheaper, more extended version of 2014 DeMarco Murray. Making life easier for Romo.....

considering they got Dak in the same draft ... they may have been just forward thinking

I'm a big fan of Zeke, but no RB is worth the number 4 pick, I have traded down, for more picks and got interior DL and taken Henry in 2nd ... but they don't listen to me

ArtClink

Reaction score
Kinda forgot about that until reading this tweet from Helman. Ideally, he was going be a younger, cheaper, more extended version of 2014 DeMarco Murray. Making life easier for Romo.....

Jerry moved heaven and earth for Romo and overpaid him like he was Peyton freakin' Manning. Romo was a nice injury prone qb who won us 3 wc games in just the ten years. Dak in 3 yrs has almost caught him. Romos support cast in 2007 when we went 13-3 was super bowl caliber (parcells built) and they laid an egg in div round (thx patrick crayton).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry moved heaven and earth for Romo and overpaid him like he was Peyton freakin' Manning. Romo was a nice injury prone qb who won us 3 wc games in just the ten years. Dak in 3 yrs has almost caught him. Romos support cast in 2007 when we went 13-3 was super bowl caliber (parcells built) and they laid an egg in div round (thx patrick crayton and the first half defense).
Fixed.