We got a good one, boys. A real good one

plasticman

Reaction score
Nope.

That offensive line was made by accident when they took Martin in the draft instead of Jerry 's choice of Johnny Manziel. Now we want to credit Jerry?

Jerry bought SB 30 with an absurd contract to Deion Sanders and it signaled a mass exodus of talent as a result of the cap hits.

The best Cowboys teams were built by by HOF coaches who left in disgust because of Jerry's destructive interference.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Nope.

That offensive line was made by accident when they took Martin in the draft instead of Jerry 's choice of Johnny Manziel. Now we want to credit Jerry?

Jerry bought SB 30 with an absurd contract to Deion Sanders and it signaled a mass exodus of talent as a result of the cap hits.

The best Cowboys teams were built by by HOF coaches who left in disgust because of Jerry's destructive interference.
This

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nope.

I don't think it's right to label the Martin selection "by accident." Jerry wanted Manziel, but the personnel people won out. I'm not a fan of Jerry the GM, but I don't consider this much different than the Cowboys trying to get Baylor linebacker James Francis in 1990 before "settling" on Emmitt Smith, and that was under Jimmy's watch. The trade cards didn't pan out for Francis, a scout famously stood on the table for Smith and the team traded up and got him instead.

So take Emmitt away from Jimmy if we're going to take Martin away from Jerry because it happened "by accident."

rambo2

Reaction score
Nope.

Do you have proof that Manziel was Jerry's choice?

J_Allen

Reaction score
Nope.

We were already losing pieces before the contract. It's funny how he had money for Deion but none of the others. Gogan, Harper, Norton. We could have re-signed Harper. It was for about half of Deion's contract.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

All of this is BS.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don't think we ever intended to draft manziel. It was all for publicity. That's Jerry's version of the super bowl since he's never won one on his own. Super Bowl 30 doesn't count at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nope.

Well, it's not an "accident" if you pass on Manziel and take Martin, is it.

In the end, Jerry had to approve the pick. Even if the rumors were true and he favored Manzil he made the right move in the end.

By the way, although I wasn't one of them, a TON of people in this forum wanted Manziel.
A huge number wanted him. It was so bad I made a list
For all I know, you could have been one of them