We got a good one, boys. A real good one

Loso86

Reaction score
Nope.

That offensive line was made by accident when they took Martin in the draft instead of Jerry 's choice of Johnny Manziel. Now we want to credit Jerry?

Jerry bought SB 30 with an absurd contract to Deion Sanders and it signaled a mass exodus of talent as a result of the cap hits.

The best Cowboys teams were built by by HOF coaches who left in disgust because of Jerry's destructive interference.
Get over it, everything good JJ and crew do its an accident or credit goes elsewhere and EVERYTHING bad is ALL on them lol

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don't think it's right to label the Martin selection "by accident." Jerry wanted Manziel, but the personnel people won out. I'm not a fan of Jerry the GM, but I don't consider this much different than the Cowboys trying to get Baylor linebacker James Francis in 1990 before "settling" on Emmitt Smith, and that was under Jimmy's watch. The trade cards didn't pan out for Francis, a scout famously stood on the table for Smith and the team traded up and got him instead.

So take Emmitt away from Jimmy if we're going to take Martin away from Jerry because it happened "by accident."
Jerry will get all the blame and none of the credit that’s just how it is here lol. I’m fine bashing jerry, ******** it’s so easy to do but you need to be fair and balanced about it.

MarkP88

Reaction score

Syron

Reaction score
Nope.

That offensive line was made by accident when they took Martin in the draft instead of Jerry 's choice of Johnny Manziel. Now we want to credit Jerry?

Jerry bought SB 30 with an absurd contract to Deion Sanders and it signaled a mass exodus of talent as a result of the cap hits.

The best Cowboys teams were built by by HOF coaches who left in disgust because of Jerry's destructive interference.
Who is the "They" to which you refer?

You know Jerry is both GM and Owner. You know the buck stops with Jerry. Unless you are saying someone overruled Jerry, then it seems to me that GM Jerry did want all GMs do, he listened to all sides and trusted his team, and Jerry made the final decision to draft Martin.

Jerry has a lot of faults, but it should be clear to anyone paying attention that the drafting process is a team effort.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Nope.

:hammer: :hammer:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think we ever intended to draft manziel. It was all for publicity. That's Jerry's version of the super bowl since he's never won one on his own. Super Bowl 30 doesn't count at all.

So if SB XXX doesn’t count, then all the SB”s for every team does not count.

plasticman

Reaction score
Who is the "They" to which you refer?

You know Jerry is both GM and Owner. You know the buck stops with Jerry. Unless you are saying someone overruled Jerry, then it seems to me that GM Jerry did want all GMs do, he listened to all sides and trusted his team, and Jerry made the final decision to draft Martin.

Jerry has a lot of faults, but it should be clear to anyone paying attention that the drafting process is a team effort.
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel-0ap3000000387284

September 2, 2014:

"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen,. I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel)."

"I listened to everybody, and I'm ... not ... happy ..."

"There's only one thing I wanna say -- I'd have never bought the Cowboys had I made the kinda decision that I just made right now, You need to drive across the water rather than lay up. And we laid up for this one. ... We just didn't get here makin' this kind of decision."
-Jerry Jones

You will read many revisions to this documented response from Jerry Jones because that's what he does. He attempts to rewrite history, hoping that few are paying attention. He did the same with his claim that he was a driving force in building the team of the 90's. This was the reason it took so long for Jimmy to get in the ROH. Jerry Jones is that deceitful, that ruthless, that selfish.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Syron

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel-0ap3000000387284

September 2, 2014:

"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen,. I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel)."

"I listened to everybody, and I'm ... not ... happy ..."

"There's only one thing I wanna say -- I'd have never bought the Cowboys had I made the kinda decision that I just made right now, You need to drive across the water rather than lay up. And we laid up for this one. ... We just didn't get here makin' this kind of decision."
-Jerry Jones

You will read many revisions to this documented response from Jerry Jones because that's what he does. He attempts to rewrite history, hoping that few are paying attention. He did the same with his claim that he was a driving force in building the team of the 90's. This was the reason it took so long for Jimmy to get in the ROH. Jerry Jones is that deceitful, that ruthless, that selfish.
"I listened to everybody..." That's my point. He did listen. And regardless of how upset and mad he was, Jerry made the right call.

I get you don't like him, but it seems like an odd thing to hang your hat on....like how he overvalues home grown talent and causes cap hell year after year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did not build the team that won Super Bowl 30. That's what I meant. I could have been the owner and that team still would have won.
So he did not help build the teams of the previous 2 SB’s?
And no, it was not all Jimmy.

Fans need to get over themselves of all the hate.
And yes I am as frustrated over the last 28 years as well. But not going all hate mode on everything and everyone.

That is not what fans do.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nope.

Johnny football might have been something in Dallas.

Cleveland though? That's a QB graveyard.

J_Allen

Reaction score
So he did not help build the teams of the previous 2 SB’s?
And no, it was not all Jimmy.

Fans need to get over themselves of all the hate.
And yes I am as frustrated over the last 28 years as well. But not going all hate mode on everything and everyone.

That is not what fans do.
Look at how the team started falling apart as soon as Jimmy left. We drafted two pro bowlers in about 9 years, Larry Allen and Dexter coakley. One was a second rounder, the other one was a third.

Jerry had nothing to do with our success besides supplying the funds. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing when it comes to assembling a football team. His draft record speaks for itself, especially during the Switzer, Gailey, Campo years. He single-handedly destroyed what Jimmy built by letting players walk and drafting nothing but garbage that was out of the NFL within a few years.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry had to be constrained from running the Manziel card up to the podium.
Wasn’t there a story where Stephen tried to physically block Jerry from signing Deion. I remember a quote that Jerry said, “What are you going to do Stephen? Hit me?”

J_Allen

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a story where Stephen tried to physically block Jerry from signing Deion. I remember a quote that Jerry said, “What are you going to do Stephen? Hit me?”
Yeah they were going to get into it. He pinned Jerry against the wall. The idiot had money for Deion but didn't have money for Norton, Gogan, Harper, or Jimmie Jones.

And the reason is he's not in it to win football games. He's made that clear.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah they were going to get into it. He pinned Jerry against the wall. The idiot had money for Deion but didn't have money for Norton, Gogan, Harper, or Jimmie Jones.
I would have kept Brock Marion over Harper & Jones. Ron Stone was another one. They had to have known he was good and should have moved out Nate a season or two early instead.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I would have kept Brock Marion over Harper & Jones. Ron Stone was another one. They had to have known he was good and should have moved out Nate a season or two early instead.
Yep I forgot about Ron Stone. I definitely would have kept him over newton. We never recovered from losing Harper and we kept trying to replace him. The biggest piece that was missing on the 95 team was harper. He was our deep threat and Jones just let him walk.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yep I forgot about Ron Stone. I definitely would have kept him over newton. We never recovered from losing Harper and we kept trying to replace him. The biggest piece that was missing on the 95 team was harper. He was our deep threat and Jones just let him walk.
Harper never took it to the next level and actually plummeted once he got the big money.