We got outcoached...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Where were those scintillating halftime adjustments that we grew accustomed to in the first 12 weeks of the season?

Why didn't Barber start earlier this season?

Why did our Oline never adjust to the blitz packages the Giants were throwing at us?

Why was Gurode out there if he couldn't get the ball back to Romo in the shotgun set?

Where was that 3-4 defensive prowess Wade was supposed to possess?

Why wasn't a defensive timeout called during the last minute of the first half when the Giants were making our defense look like crash test dummies?

(edit..can't believe I forgot this one): Why the **** didn't one of the coaches call Romo to the table on the sidelines when he took sack after sack instead of throwing the ball away? He was clearly outside of the pocket on every freaking sack! Then the one time the Oline gives him time he throws it out of bounds with noone in the vicinity! Shoot me now please!

G.R.O.W.

At this time of the year many teams are evenly matched and, often times, coaching can put one team over the top. We didn't have it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
We just played into the Giants hands. IMOP. Slow paced grind it out game.
We needed to play our pace and didn't.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Why didn't one of the coaches remind Barber he needed to get out of bounds at the end of the game?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
nake;1905099 said:
Why didn't one of the coaches remind Barber he needed to get out of bounds at the end of the game?

Please don't put blame on Barber. He's one of the few that showed up for this game.

Deep_South

Reaction score
It wasn't a criticism of Barber. It was a criticism of the coaches for not doing their job.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I have to agree, we got outcoached. As good as this staff was all year, it makes you wonder if we just got complacent because it was a team we beat twice already, or if the interviews took coaches minds out of the game.

Route 66

Reaction score
Actually, the team gave up because they saw the fans all wearing white and thought they were supposed to surrender...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1905169 said:
I have to agree, we got outcoached. As good as this staff was all year, it makes you wonder if we just got complacent because it was a team we beat twice already, or if the interviews took coaches minds out of the game.

excellent post..

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905108 said:
Please don't put blame on Barber. He's one of the few that showed up for this game.

Barber showed up for the first half. Then he went belly-up in the second half and got stupid at the end.

landryscorner

Reaction score
quite frankly we played the g-men 3 times the same way, you can't do that and expect to win the third time, The coaching staff approached this game IMO the same as the regular season games, and as we all know, this is do or die, slow and methodical is not the way to play in jan. hands down we got outcoached...look up wades playoff record nuff said

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
landryscorner;1905196 said:
quite frankly we played the g-men 3 times the same way, you can't do that and expect to win the third time, The coaching staff approached this game IMO the same as the regular season games, and as we all know, this is do or die, slow and methodical is not the way to play in jan. hands down we got outcoached...look up wades playoff record nuff said
I take it you did not watch the first 2 games against the Giants.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1905091 said:
We just played into the Giants hands. IMOP. Slow paced grind it out game.
We needed to play our pace and didn't.
:hammer:

jimmy40

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1905192 said:
Barber showed up for the first half. Then he went belly-up in the second half and got stupid at the end.
Which is why he doesn't start, he would be belly up the last half of the season too running the way he does.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jimmy40;1905247 said:
Which is why he doesn't start, he would be belly up the last half of the season too running the way he does.

aw cmon now. The guy gave it his all yesterday. Do you recall sitting there saying "why do they keep feeding him the ball over and over again"? I do... Their approach appeared unimaginative at times. It was a stark contrast to the creativity that got them there. There were three or four occasion that I remember where I felt Barber need a blow on the sidelines and instead they fed him like he was the only offensive weapon out there. Ridiculous.

I think there is something to the notion that the coaching staff was indeed distracted by the various rumors swirling about who's going where to coach next year.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1905255 said:
aw cmon now. The guy gave it his all yesterday. Do you recall sitting there saying "why do they keep feeding him the ball over and over again"? I do... Their approach appeared unimaginative at times. It was a stark contrast to the creativity that got them there. There were three or four occasion that I remember where I felt Barber need a blow on the sidelines and instead they fed him like he was the only offensive weapon out there. Ridiculous.

I think there is something to the notion that the coaching staff was indeed distracted by the various rumors swirling about who's going where to coach next year.
That's certainly a valid criticism. Maybe Julius really pissed off the coaching staff.

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
jimmy40;1905247 said:

He is crazy...running over people like a freaking freight train....NO WAY he could start all year (20-25 touches a game)

Kevin

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
OldButDeadly;1905268 said:
He is crazy...running over people like a freaking freight train....NO WAY he could start all year....

Kevin
Which is why we need to get a viable upgrade from Julius. Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall orJohnathan Stewart would fit the bill.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This is a great post...and I don't want Barber to change...EVER!!