We Had a Spammer 04/13 But He Has Been Executed

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My apologies to all of you who got a rather dirty PM from a member named Natural36DD.

Don't open that link in the PM even if you like that kind of stuff. It is probably loaded with spyware. You don't want to spend all day trying to get rid of that crap.

Better to just delete the message.

Thank you to everyone who reported it as soon as he got started.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2034038 said:
I'd send it to CBZ but it might get his blood pressure up to high. :laugh2:
I'm sure Mrs. CBZ makes sure he gets his daily meds.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2034047 said:
the PM...is that bad?

better hope you have your anti-spyware up to date and a good AV program.

if anyone is looking for a good/free one - try free.grisoft.com - AV, spyware and rootkit - base levels but very good for free. i know this isn't a cowboys message but hopefully it can help people w/spam that may come through.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2034047 said:
the PM...is that bad?
No, not at all. That is safe. Don't open the link in the PM.

I looked up the domain he registered from and it has red flags out the wazoo on the Net. I banned that domain so it won't happen again from that site.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2034053 said:
No, not at all. That is safe. Don't open the link in the PM.

I looked up the domain he registered from and it has red flags out the wazoo on the Net. I banned that domain so it won't happen again from that site.

Yeah, I opened the PM (although the title should've tipped me off), but just immediately deleted it.

I'm sure that's completely fine.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2034059 said:
Yeah, I opened the PM (although the title should've tipped me off), but just immediately deleted it.

I'm sure that's completely fine.

yea, just don't click the links. they're (not trying to be punny) booby trapped.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
iceberg;2034052 said:
better hope you have your anti-spyware up to date and a good AV program.

if anyone is looking for a good/free one - try free.grisoft.com - AV, spyware and rootkit - base levels but very good for free. i know this isn't a cowboys message but hopefully it can help people w/spam that may come through.

Another free one that I like is called ThreatFire, AVG also has free spyware and root kit scanners.

lockster

Reaction score
Dang it, too late!!! Already opened it. However, after the deletion, everything still seems to be ok on my computer. have three programs running for virus, spyware, and such. So, maybe it caught they caught it, if there was some sort of spyware or trojan involved. Didn't realize that spam could be sent to ppl on this site. :bang2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
lockster;2034078 said:
Dang it, too late!!! Already opened it. However, after the deletion, everything still seems to be ok on my computer. have three programs running for virus, spyware, and such. So, maybe it caught they caught it, if there was some sort of spyware or trojan involved. Didn't realize that spam could be sent to ppl on this site. :bang2:

You are ok as long as you didn't go to the site. As for the spam we do our best but occasionally Hos is slacking and lets one through. :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
iceberg;2034065 said:
yea, just don't click the links. they're (not trying to be punny) booby trapped.

booby booby booby booby boooby traps! :)

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I opened the PM, but not the link. Pretty suspicious when you've been a member 5 minutes, have zero posts and you've already been banned.

Hos, how many members can be PMed simultaneously? 25- 50 max?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I'm getting a posse together. Hos, get us the ip address and we'll track the guy down and we'll go there and give him a beat down, youtube it, and post it here for all to see.

Let's ride!!!!!!!!!!!!