We have 13 Pro-Bowlers..

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2408601 said:
Right now, I can only spot 2.

Ware and Ratliff, I'm assuming?

Bigg and Columbo are borderline if Garrett will get his head out of his behind and run right.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware are locks. We get things going the right way in the second half and Owens, Davis, and a few others should get consideration.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I totally forgot Witten. I guess that happens when Dallas is letting him trot out there in games they can't win when he's banged up and they have QBs who can't dream of getting him that ball.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2408607 said:
Romo, Witten, Ware are locks. We get things going the right way in the second half and Owens, Davis, and a few others should get consideration.

Romo is not a lock. He shouldn't be.

Warner, Brees and maybe another should go before Romo.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;2408596 said:
Discuss................

Actually 15 if you count in Zach Thomas and Roy Williams, plus a bunch of other good players who are pro-bowl borderline like Ratliff.

Discuss what exactly???
When your PRO-BOWL PLAYERS go down with injuries especially your offensive leader asnd who makes this offense go in Romo and you lose 3/4 of your starting secondary on top of that, there's nothing to discuss..

If we come back after the bye week when we're finally HEALTHY and don't do anything with all this talent, THEN you can start a topic 13 pro-bowlers discuss, cause I see this team coming out and kicking *** now that we'll be getting Kosier, Felix, Romo k on offense to go with the addition of Roy Williams that's been wasted since we had Brad Johnson in, and getting Newman back as our shutdown C.B., I think you'll see us run the table or at least go 6-1 the rest of the way kicking *** and taking names.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Well, let's see.

Romo, Newman, Roy Williams (safety) and McBriar are all injured. So that knocks it down to nine. Nick Folk is having another great season, but he's a kicker so it's not like he's making the impact of say a Pro Bowl 3-4 DE. So that's 8. And in essence we *only* have 4 Pro Bowlers on defense....two of who have been injured. Ellis' play has great regressed, but at his age that's quite plausible that will happen. And when Romo has been the QB, the offense is averaging nearly 30 points a game which is excellent. The defense has had its struggles, but they had less Pro Bowlers to begin with, and two of them got injured.

Offensively it's hard to get Pro Bowl production from the rest of the offensive personnel when the starting QB gets injured. We probably should've made a move for Byron Leftwich at the beginning of the season, but most of the time when a team loses a starting QB they are screwed. The only thing keeping the Pats afloat is their ridiculously easy schedule they play this year.

So with Romo out, Owens and Witten can't get the ball...teams put 8 in the box to stymie Marion Barber and the O-Line has a much less mobile QB to worry about.

Could the coaching staff do a better job? Sure. But it's not like all 13 Pro Bowlers are healthy, particularly the main one (Romo) and the team is 5-4. That wouldn't be bad...that would be Barry Switzer.

YAKUZA

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2408610 said:
Romo is not a lock. He shouldn't be.

Warner, Brees and maybe another should go before Romo.

I love this mentality. It's same one we had in 2006 when so many people complained about Romo making the probowl but NOBODY could or would name a 3rd QB who deserved the spot.

Same thing here, you want to name a 3rd player more deserving of Romo before simply dismissing him.

BTW- By years end Romo will occupy the top spot.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the pro bowl is nothing but a popularity contest.

i know what you want to discuss...you want to know why we have 13 pro bowl players and can't get the job done.

well here's the deal...we don't actually have 13 pro bowl players on this damn roster.

the only pro bowl worthy players we have are these:

jason witten
demarcus ware
marion barber
tony romo
terrell owens

thank you very much.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bbgun;2408661 said:
And Tina Louise used to be hot. What's the point?

please put one of your patented photos of this hottie..

cmon bb gun...don't let me down.

you're the king in putting up the best photos of anyone.

~waiting with baited breath~

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2408664 said:
please put one of your patented photos of this hottie..

cmon bb gun...don't let me down.

you're the king in putting up the best photos of anyone.

~waiting with baited breath~

Best I can do is an old pic of Lumpy Rutherford. He was an American treasure.

http://img146.*************/img146/7654/leaveittobeaver6x24lumpuc7.jpg

BlueStar22

Reaction score
how many were voted in outright and how many went because someone else got injured. i know, semantics.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bbgun;2408669 said:
Best I can do is an old pic of Lumpy Rutherford. He was an American treasure.

http://img146.*************/img146/7654/leaveittobeaver6x24lumpuc7.jpg

:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

you let me down bro..

you could have at least put up haskell.

no wait a minute...the hot brunette teacher....what's her name?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
lane;2408673 said:
:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

you let me down bro..

you could have at least put up haskell.

no wait a minute...the hot brunette teacher....what's her name?

Miss Landers. Heavy smoker who died of lung cancer.