We have all the solutions

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not saying who is QB doesn't matter, but because it matters doesn't mean Garrett is the one that pushed Dak on the team. He obviously had to be part of it, but, again, it was likely a collective decision.

The difference between now and 2015 is that we aren't going with the backup QB because the starter went down. We have the chosen starter in place, and are losing anyway. Of course if they lose with Dak, and Garrett gets fired, Dak's downfall will be tied to Garrett's downfall, but that will be because of the losing, not because it proves Garrett pushed Dak on the team.
What I’m saying is if Garrett was the greater influence in the Dak decision, this would defintely get him fired. More so IMO than just not having success with another poor QB like in 2015.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I’m saying is if Garrett was the greater influence in the Dak decision, this would defintely get him fired. More so IMO than just not having success with another poor QB like in 2015.

If Garrett wasn't the greater influence and the team went 6-10 he would still be fired, and if he were the greater influence and they were winning, he wouldn't be fired. The difference is the winning and losing, not who was most responsible for Dak being the QB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Garrett wasn't the greater influence and the team went 6-10 he would still be fired, and if he were the greater influence and they were winning, he wouldn't be fired. The difference is the winning and losing, not who was most responsible for Dak being the QB
I understand but I’d argue he’s less likely to get fired if our lack of success is more directly attached to Dak and he wasn’t one of the greater influences to go with him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand but I’d argue he’s less likely to get fired if our lack of success is more directly attached to Dak and he wasn’t one of the greater influences to go with him.

I don't know, maybe if the record is right on the bubble of whether Jerry would fire him, but if we have a losing record I don't think it matters, and therefore it really wouldn't be an indication on how hard he pushed Dak on the team.