We have all the solutions

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
LOL and you think clapper and vanilla queen will change a damn thing at this or any point? Not happening my friend, there isn't enough smarts between the 2 of em to shove a bb up a bull's arse.
The thread is about if "we" had the solutions, not if "they" had the solutions and they've shown that they do not. Their solution is "do better".

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
What is it you think we are getting now?
Dak is still better than Rush. Sorry but I believe you are wrong when you say Rush will do better or even just as good or if you don't play up to par you will be benched. It is your opinion and I respect that, but I don't agree.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
ahhhh the good old days when we believed defenses won games or the offenses win games in the regular and defenses win SB's. Problem is, gotta win in the regular season first and that requires an offense

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If we're sitting at 4-4 or less at the half way point and still averaging 15-16 points a game I'm all for finding out what we have in White or Rush or both. I'm not sure JG would be because it's his job on the line but if it's my job on the line I'm grabbing at straws to save my job and taking a look at least
It won't happen imo. JG will be out of a job if he puts in either one of those qb's. His best chance of winning is with Dak. Right now he is the lesser of the 3 evils.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dak is still better than Rush. Sorry but I believe you are wrong when you say Rush will do better or even just as good or if you don't play up to par you will be benched. It is your opinion and I respect that, but I don't agree.

I don't think Rush or White are the answer. White may have a stronger arm, I have no idea, but with Rush or White in there I"m betting on more interceptions and that usually leads to more losses. For me it's where are we after 8 games and the bye week is around that time. If we're sitting at 4 or fewer wins and still not scoring, then I might have one in there in the third quarter to get a look. I don't see either of those two being even considered an option until then

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It won't happen imo. JG will be out of a job if he puts in either one of those qb's. His best chance of winning is with Dak. Right now he is the lesser of the 3 evils.

I agree with you as far as games 4 to 8..But half way through the season, 4 wins or less, still averaging 15-16 points/game, I'm looking at both Rush and White in the 3'rd or 4'th quarter sooner rather than later if I'm JG because I'm looking down a gun barrel

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Rush would get his *** kicked with this O line.
Or maybe rush or white would make faster reads and get the call out faster and soften up the defensive front and give the line some room to breath or they could suck too

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Or maybe rush or white would make faster reads and get the call out faster and soften up the defensive front and give the line some room to breath or they could suck too
That would also be a big fat No. Rush and White are clearly and considerably slower.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
That would also be a big fat No. Rush and White are clearly and considerably slower.
Slower at what. Reading the defenses we haven’t seen them try except in an vanilla preseason offense. Yea sure they may run slower than Dak but it doesn’t mean they can’t play a faster game. You don’t need Michael Vick speed to run an offense

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.... 0r at least here is a summary of the most common solutions.

1) Zeke should have the ball in his hands more than 15-16 touches as a RB
2) Zeke should be used more in the passing game
3) Get the ball in Austin's hands more
4) Rico? Should be used more in the red zone
5) More RPO's for Dak and he should run the ball more
6) Move La'ell to LG and Williams to RT
6) Fire Linnehan and have JG call the plays.
7) Pull a Wade and fire JG and SL mid-season.
8) spend a second round pick and change on ET now. Of course we've been doing that since April and the now keeps getting moved forward
9) bring back Dez
10) Revolt and coup d'etat and replace JJ with.....

Note* as you go down the list the probability of it happening decreases somewhat. In other words #10 is a complete non-starter and #1 is totally doable.

Not likely the masses will be satisfied. You can please the many some of time or please the few more of the time.

What's your solution? Is it all an exercise in futility
1. 4. 5. And 7

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#7 has zero chance of happening mid season, and little to no chance of happening at the end of it while Jerry is still taking in oxygen and massive amounts of Johnny Walker Blue.

If he gets cremated his liquored up remains might burn down half of Highland Park.

I agree it's unlikely that Garrett would get fired midseason, but the idea Garrett will be the head coach no matter what as long as Jerry has a say is, I think, false. Garrett probably doesn't have to get to and have playoff success to hold his job, but if he has a losing record I'm convinced a change will be made.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
you cannot change the qb unless you are truly ready to move on from him if you go to a back up you are giving a signal to a young team that you are giving up there would be no going back

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree it's unlikely that Garrett would get fired midseason, but the idea Garrett will be the head coach no matter what as long as Jerry has a say is, I think, false. Garrett probably doesn't have to get to and have playoff success to hold his job, but if he has a losing record I'm convinced a change will be made.
Fair assessment!

If Dak continues to struggle and our season derails I think we’ll find out if it was Garrett who supported going with Dak. And it will ultimately cost him his job as it should.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair assessment!

If Dak continues to struggle and our season derails I think we’ll find out if it was Garrett who supported going with Dak. And it will ultimately cost him his job as it should.

I don't think if Garrett gets fired it necessarily means he was the one/sole or primary guy that supported going with Dak (maybe he was or wasn't), but it will mean Jerry has finally decided Garrett has had plenty of opportunity to turn things around and has failed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think if Garrett gets fired it necessarily means he was the one/sole or primary guy that supported going with Dak (maybe he was or wasn't), but it will mean Jerry has finally decided Garrett has had plenty of opportunity to turn things around and has failed.
How can he expect him to turn things around without a QB?

He had turned the team around once with a QB in 2014 and then the QB never played another full season.

If Garrett is attached to Dak he will go down with him . If not will live to see another chance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can he expect him to turn things around without a QB?

He had turned the team around once with a QB in 2014 and then the QB never played another full season.

If Garrett is attached to Dak he will go down with him . If not will live to see another chance.

I don't understand your question. Garrett has a QB, though it's looking more and more like not a very good one. But if Dak fails, that doesn't necessarily mean Garrett pushed Dak on the team contrary to what others wanted. Maybe he did, but I think it's much more likely that it was a collective decision, and frankly given that Romo had been injured 3 of the previous 5 times he played and the team had the best record in the NFL with Dak at the time, it wasn't an unreasonable decision.

Ultimately though, it's losing that will cause Garrett to go down, regardless of who is at QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't understand your question. Garrett has a QB, though it's looking more and more like not a very good one. But if Dak fails, that doesn't necessarily mean Garrett pushed Dak on the team contrary to what others wanted. Maybe he did, but I think it's much more likely that it was a collective decision, and frankly given that Romo had been injured 3 of the previous 5 times he played and the team had the best record in the NFL with Dak at the time, it wasn't an unreasonable decision.

Ultimately though, it's losing that will cause Garrett to go down, regardless of who is at QB.
I certainly believe who’s QB matters and why he wasn’t fired after 2015.

My point is if Garrett was the greater influence on going with Dak which has been suggested by some he’d certainly go down with Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I certainly believe who’s QB matters and why he wasn’t fired after 2015.

My point is if Garrett was the greater influence on going with Dak which has been suggested by some he’d certainly go down with Dak.

I'm not saying who is QB doesn't matter, but because it matters doesn't mean Garrett is the one that pushed Dak on the team. He obviously had to be part of it, but, again, it was likely a collective decision.

The difference between now and 2015 is that we aren't going with the backup QB because the starter went down. We have the chosen starter in place, and are losing anyway. Of course if they lose with Dak, and Garrett gets fired, Dak's downfall will be tied to Garrett's downfall, but that will be because of the losing, not because it proves Garrett pushed Dak on the team.