We may lose Al Harris to DC job

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Absolutely.

And you know if there wasn’t a salary cap Jerry would sign as many great players as he could.
thats because those great players actually win games, not position coaches.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
DC job will be with us, he will be top on our list if DQ has another carousel of teams after him. I do believe if this team takes another step forward (NFCCG) the Jones will pay the coaches to stay together and keep the run going for a 4th consecutive year in the playoffs. Then I do think a ton of wholesale changes will happen with that projected success.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He’s my choice to replace DQ if he leaves for an HC job.
and you have inside knowledge on this man's ability to be a DQ? It is hilarious how we make judgements on things that only those in the building each day could have a clue on. O and D coordinators are company men, executives so to speak. Ill never forget Rex Ryan making the comment that his brother needed to cut his hair and lose weight if he ever wanted a head coaching job. Yes, and before you blast Rex for his weight... he lost a ton of weight, got his teeth done because he knew how the game is played. You cant have a slob running the ship.

Majic

Reaction score
Mike will be back, Dan will leave, AH to DC.

That is favourite in clubhouse right now

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Unless he's still under contract for 2024. He was hired in 2020. The standard contracts for position coaches are generally 2 years, meaning this could be the final year of his 2nd two-year contract. IF has an expiring contract, he's free to take any offers from other teams, if not, Jerry can block any interviews except for the HC job.
Hell, if I'm Jerry, I'm doing everything to keep him as Quinn's replacement.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Worry about that in the off-season.

Also... he'll have likely earned it. I never hold it against a guy when they do well and earn a job.

I hope Quinn stays. He seems a better DC than HC

ShortRound

Reaction score
Whatever he chooses hope he gets paid. He’s done an amazing job so far.

stuckindc

Reaction score
He’s earned a shot Or maybe Quinn leaves and they make him the DC

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless he's still under contract for 2024. He was hired in 2020. The standard contracts for position coaches are generally 2 years, meaning this could be the final year of his 2nd two-year contract. IF has an expiring contract, he's free to take any offers from other teams, if not, Jerry can block any interviews except for the HC job.
Hell, if I'm Jerry, I'm doing everything to keep him as Quinn's replacement.

Good for AL! I wish him the best.....good guy

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said earlier this season they need to give him a special title like Assistant Defensive Coordinator and pay him or they will lose him.

It would be so bad to lose him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
and you have inside knowledge on this man's ability to be a DQ? It is hilarious how we make judgements on things that only those in the building each day could have a clue on. O and D coordinators are company men, executives so to speak. Ill never forget Rex Ryan making the comment that his brother needed to cut his hair and lose weight if he ever wanted a head coaching job. Yes, and before you blast Rex for his weight... he lost a ton of weight, got his teeth done because he knew how the game is played. You cant have a slob running the ship.

And you have inside knowledge on his ability that he doesn’t? It’s obvious he can develop guys and his guys play for him. I’d say there’s a pretty good start without having inside knowledge.

And for the rest of your ramble? What are you even going on about? Take a Xanax and chill.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And you have inside knowledge on his ability that he doesn’t? It’s obvious he can develop guys and his guys play for him. I’d say there’s a pretty good start without having inside knowledge.

And for the rest of your ramble? What are you even going on about? Take a Xanax and chill.
IM plenty chill... but jumping on the bandwagon of some guy because Bland is going off is ridiculous. And no, I have no knowledge on if he is ready to be a coordinator, thats why I dont make such a statement. Guys "Play for him?"bahahhaah... yea, players need a coach to play hard. Maybe its just that the player is good... then we want to give some coach all the credit for a player's success.

Why is it Purdy looks great and Lance looked like trash? Same coach "developing," them, no?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
that is a massive jump for him. from telling db's how to play and cheering them up to calling defensive plays/schemes.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Would hate to lose him but if he does get a DC gig, I believe we would get a comp pick? Or does it have to be a higher position than DC?

49ers got 3, 3rd round picks for minority hires.
I didn't know that was a thing. Did we get a comp pick for Moore?

quickccc

Reaction score
Would hate to lose him but if he does get a DC gig, I believe we would get a comp pick? Or does it have to be a higher position than DC?

49ers got 3, 3rd round picks for minority hires.
I thought that was for HC gigs, ..not DC or coordinators.