We need a few moves to be a truly dominant D!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
That’s all great, and having the most dominant defense in the NFL would be something, but we’re in a good spot with our personnel and coaches on the defensive side of the ball right now.

Shoring up our o-line, getting at least one WR who can actually separate, and figuring out who’s going to be effective in the backfield with Pollard have to be top priorities. Our TE position isn’t locked in, either. We don’t have Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc., but I think Prescott can take us where we’ need to go if we give him the supporting cast. He doesn’t have it right now, but we could open the season tomorrow with our current D.
Putting more resources into our D to get to a DOMINANT level( 14 points or less a game ), puts WAY less pressure on our offense, especially Dak. Dak can play much more conservative and drive the bus!!!

If this D gets to a truly dominant level, which they are not that far from( sign Wagner and a Hankins clone or Hankins), fans will say why didn’t Jerry do this years ago. NFL history is FILLED with DOMINANT defenses that won Superbowls with average QB’s that just drove the bus!!!!

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Putting more resources into our D to get to a DOMINANT level( 14 points or less a game ), puts WAY less pressure on our offense, especially Dak. Dak can play much more conservative and drive the bus!!!

If this D gets to a truly dominant level, which they are not that far from( sign Wagner and a Hankins clone or Hankins), fans will say why didn’t Jerry do this years ago. NFL history is FILLED with DOMINANT defenses that won Superbowls with average QB’s that just drove the bus!!!!
Nobody’s building a defense that holds opponents to an average of 14 points or less per game in today’s NFL. That would be historically great. I think the Patriots in 2019 may have been the last team close to that, but Bill isn’t coming to Dallas to coach the defense.

The winning formula in the NFL during the regular season is to score 28+ per game. That wins almost 80% of the time. It’s a guaranteed playoff spot. If the defense can hold teams to 17-20 ppg, it’s a recipe for a deep playoff run.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We have work to do to become THE DOMINANT Defense in the NFL, but it is definitely doable( what I mean by dominant is less than 14 points a game).

We need to pursued Wagner to come to Dallas. Micah should be recruiting right now!

We need to resign Hankins and sign another big run stuffing DT. Resign Watkins as a rotation player( good player who is under rated). Possibly draft the quick smallish DT from Pitt( pass rush ).

Hopefully, Sam Williams makes a 2nd year jump. He has the potential to be really good if not dominant! Does he want to be great? He has ALL the physical tools!

Have Micah add 15-20 lbs and attack the QB from all over the LOS.

This D is already set at CB and Safety!!

With these moves/improvements we still have draft capital to improve the OL and possibly grab Hopkins in FA!

Run Ist offense with Dak driving the bus!
Get a strong nose tackle, offensive guard, tight end, and a really strong running back.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Nobody’s building a defense that holds opponents to an average of 14 points or less per game in today’s NFL. That would be historically great. I think the Patriots in 2019 may have been the last team close to that, but Bill isn’t coming to Dallas to coach the defense.

The winning formula in the NFL during the regular season is to score 28+ per game. That wins almost 80% of the time. It’s a guaranteed playoff spot. If the defense can hold teams to 17-20 ppg, it’s a recipe for a deep playoff run.
Holding teams to 18-20 points a game with Dak as our QB is not good enough.

I really think if we find a way to get Wagner, and 2 above average run stuffing DT’s( this can include Hankins ), we have a pretty good chance of holding teams to 14-15 points or less a game. With Quinn as our DC and the players mentioned, as well as, the talent we have on D already, I truly believe this D CAN be HISTORIC!!!

Don’t forget, Quinn has already been a DC for a very historic Defense, the Legend of Boom!!! They annihilated Peyton Manning and one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history in the Superbowl.

We have the coaching to have an historically good defense. We JUST need a few players, which are very doable to get, if Jerry and Stephen just get a little creative!!!!!

Xavier187

Reaction score
Let's say we sign Poona Ford o Calias Campbell.
We would then need to try and validate a trade that would be one of our late round picks and maybe J.Lewis to some where we can can and mid round pick maybe to open a roster spot. The move Gallimore and move up alittle inches 2nd round and try and draft Siaka DT Oregan. Dudes gonna be a stud

kskboys

Reaction score

Not really. The formula is just not that simple. Teams w/o a D are not winning super bowls. Stops must be made and opposing QBs must be disrupted.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Holding teams to 18-20 points a game with Dak as our QB is not good enough.

I really think if we find a way to get Wagner, and 2 above average run stuffing DT’s( this can include Hankins ), we have a pretty good chance of holding teams to 14-15 points or less a game. With Quinn as our DC and the players mentioned, as well as, the talent we have on D already, I truly believe this D CAN be HISTORIC!!!

Don’t forget, Quinn has already been a DC for a very historic Defense, the Legend of Boom!!! They annihilated Peyton Manning and one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history in the Superbowl.

We have the coaching to have an historically good defense. We JUST need a few players, which are very doable to get, if Jerry and Stephen just get a little creative!!!!!
You mean The Legion of Boom?

1. Dak lead offenses already score plenty of points. Unfortunately, they’ve come up small in some big games.

2. There have been significant rule changes that favor the offense since the time Seattle had a big time defense.

3. The last defense that held teams to an average of 14 points or less was 15 years ago, and that was the 2008 Steelers.

Barring injuries and with our latest acquisitions, I’m not concerned about the defense. IMHO, we need a decent RB to compliment Pollard, more help on the OL, and depth at TE.

Again, if we can dodge the injury bug, we’re already going to have a very good team next year. Can’t say I’m not sweating the Eagles, though. They’ve lost some players, but they’ll be the team to beat in the East.

Creeper

Reaction score
We don't need Bobby Wagner. Use the CAP space we have left to sign a DT or two who can anchor the middle of the DL. We cannot go into the season with Osa, Gallimore and Bohanna as our top defensive tackles.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It really is the defense we should be all-in on. That is how we will win a Super Bowl. This WR, that WR...who cares? The offense is already what it is for one obvious reason. Give us a Doomsday defense, and we are for real.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It really is the defense we should be all-in on. That is how we will win a Super Bowl. This WR, that WR...who cares? The offense is already what it is for one obvious reason. Give us a Doomsday defense, and we are for real.
It really is the defense we should be all in on. Exactly!
A truly dominant D makes it so much easier for the offense!
Look at Trent Dilfer and the Raven’s D!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We don't need Bobby Wagner. Use the CAP space we have left to sign a DT or two who can anchor the middle of the DL. We cannot go into the season with Osa, Gallimore and Bohanna as our top defensive tackles.
Agree on needing DT’s, by strongly disagree on Wagner.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If Dallas is ignoring the offensive line because of Tyron, that is a mistake. I get stopping the run. And I agree.

But this team needs a top OL to open holes. And something more than the wounded Pollard at RB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If Dallas is ignoring the offensive line because of Tyron, that is a mistake. I get stopping the run. And I agree.

But this team needs a top OL to open holes. And something more than the wounded Pollard at RB.
Tyron was just a restructure of a 1 year contract.

So Biadasz, Steele, and Tyron are in contract years.
Our backups are Ball, Waletzko, Farniok, Alarcon, and Huffman (who?).

They'd better not be ignoring the oline.

They could take 3 oline in the draft and not be overdoing it.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We have work to do to become THE DOMINANT Defense in the NFL, but it is definitely doable( what I mean by dominant is less than 14 points a game).

We need to pursued Wagner to come to Dallas. Micah should be recruiting right now!

We need to resign Hankins and sign another big run stuffing DT. Resign Watkins as a rotation player( good player who is under rated). Possibly draft the quick smallish DT from Pitt( pass rush ).

Hopefully, Sam Williams makes a 2nd year jump. He has the potential to be really good if not dominant! Does he want to be great? He has ALL the physical tools!

Have Micah add 15-20 lbs and attack the QB from all over the LOS.

This D is already set at CB and Safety!!

With these moves/improvements we still have draft capital to improve the OL and possibly grab Hopkins in FA!

Run Ist offense with Dak driving the bus!
Anything other than a pair of serious, big time run stuffers, and we Will continue to be a bit of amor machine on D.

We’ve done a good job but the plays have simply not been there this off season to make that type of elevation.

Love everything we’ve done, but we will continue to need a high scoring offense to make this thing work.

We needed a Hargrove but bottom line we didn’t have enough ammo to make that happen and, even if we went all in on him, we would be *****ing about CB and WR.

Can’t have it all. No team can.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Anything other than a pair of serious, big time run stuffers, and we Will continue to be a bit of amor machine on D.

We’ve done a good job but the plays have simply not been there this off season to make that type of elevation.

Love everything we’ve done, but we will continue to need a high scoring offense to make this thing work.

We needed a Hargrove but bottom line we didn’t have enough ammo to make that happen and, even if we went all in on him, we would be *****ing about CB and WR.

Can’t have it all. No team can.
We do not need a high powered offense. We tried that the last 2 years. We need a dominant D, and a ball control run 1st offense that uses play action.

High powered offenses fail in the playoffs at a MUCH higher rate than high powered defenses.
Great defense almost always beats great offense in the playoffs!!!

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I would love to have a dominant defense. I like watching defense more than offense. To be dominant they probably have to shut down teams like Philli and KC so they can show it in the playoffs.

I wouldn’t mess with Parsons too much. He’ll probably gain weight as time goes on naturally, by then if he’s 265 and a little slower he would be a good DE or something like a 34OLB to set the edge. I don’t see him getting up to 265 anytime soon.