We need a new LB core

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we agree on one thing - Lee has to be replaced, love the attitude and the coaching on the field ability, but he can't do physically what the position demands....
I think he has the mind for it but no longer the wheels to get him there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Be mindful though....there's not much good linebacker play in this league. Replacing it this offseason is probably not realistic.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Need a back 7 core. Diggs might, MIGHT, be a keeper but that secondary is a bad one. That DB draft was wasted and they need to do it again.

When this D is in need of DT's, LB's and DB's, and at least 2 of each, where does the emphasis with that 1st pick fall? They spent it poorly last season. Not for the player but for the position. Lamb didn't have a tackle for the D this season. And they were is dire need of tackles.

Congrats on getting the Moderator tag. I think, maybe condolences? :rolleyes:

But it would seem obvious since the Cowboys were dead last in run defense DT has to be the emphasis in the draft, IF there's a really good one available. That's the rub, won't do much good to just get "more of the same" DTs, otherwise just stick with what you have. LB is next, since again it would seem obvious that running backs meet up with linebackers after they get past the defensive line.

But for me, if there's not a better LB available, I'd switch to the offensive side of the ball, it's doing pretty well (or was with Dak in there), can't abandon it and assume it'll for sure stay that way, no guarantee Smith and Collins return to 2019 form, and you have to keep the future in mind.

All hinges on who's available in the draft, of course, you get what you can...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
so you are saying it doesn't work out well when you spend high draft picks on guys who were either in danger of never running again or played 7 on 7 football in HS and had a medical condition that will be negatively impacted by playing the position you drafted him for?