We need a TE on Sunday

ClintDagger

Reaction score
These TE's will be more productive than last year.
I think they will definitely make more plays downfield. I’m not so sure they will be as good as Witten was at finding the soft part of the zone on 3rd and short. By the end of JW’s career that’s about the only skill he had left but it was still valuable.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think they will definitely make more plays downfield. I’m not so sure they will be as good as Witten was at finding the soft part of the zone on 3rd and short. By the end of JW’s career that’s about the only skill he had left but it was still valuable.

He wasn't fantastic at scoring but he was good at it.

Blake

Reaction score
It was a sarcastic comment that went right over your head. Lol, it’s funny how personal you take anything someone says if it can even be perceived as the slightest bit negative about Rico. Is that you Rico

It’s like when you hear a song for the first time and think it’s awesome. You hear it a few more times and still like it. Then every time you turn on the radio you hear the same song over and over again until eventually you don’t like the song and may even hate it. That’s where I’m at with Rico. All the TE’s suck and he hasn’t done anything to distinguish himself other than catch a few balls against scrubs. You could put their names in hat and cut whichever one you pick and I wouldn’t care but if I’m so sick of hearing about Rico Rico Rico I’d oike to see him first on the chopping block (along with the other reasons I mentioned, trusting the coaches more than the people here).

Didn't go over my head, I knew what you were up to all along. The guise of sarcasm is a fine way for one to stay entrenched in their bias, while maintaining the surface appearance of being "objective". I was just pressing you on your b.s. and allowing you to expose your own lack of character.

As for the rest of your long winded diatribe, I didn't read.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
He wasn't fantastic at scoring but he was good at it.
Yeah pretty good in the red zone too when it was short yardage. Pretty much the same concept though. He was good at knowing where the spot to be was and using his body to create a target.

aria

Reaction score
Didn't go over my head, I knew what you were up to all along. The guise of sarcasm is a fine way for one to stay entrenched in their bias, while maintaining the surface appearance of being "objective". I was just pressing you on your b.s. and allowing you to expose your own lack of character.

As for the rest of your long winded diatribe, I didn't read.
Lol, ok. I think I was pretty clear where I stand and didn’t need to “appear” objective.

B.S? Again, I clearly explained my position, there’s nothing to expose other then you disagree with it which is fine. You get so feisty over Rico, are you related to him?

Blake

Reaction score
Lol, ok. I think I was pretty clear where I stand and didn’t need to “appear” objective.

B.S? Again, I clearly explained my position, there’s nothing to expose other then you disagree with it which is fine. You get so feisty over Rico, are you related to him?

I play both sides. Try and figure that one out.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
We need a Backup QB .

We need a TE .

We need a backup RB.

We need backup OL.

... hmmm ... can't be the coaching, can it ?

Kaep's out there. He's better than any backup QB we currently have.
We have 4 TEs
We have Rod smith, Darius Jackson and Bo Scarborough.
And I believe we traded Chevarous Ward for an interior o lineman from KC. Parker Ehinger I believe?

aria

Reaction score
I play both sides. Try and figure that one out.
Both ways? I think I got it figured out. I too play devils advocate at times because I like hearing varying opinions but I don’t get upset over someone’s reaction unless they make it personal.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Who is out there and might get cut?

We are scary awful at that position right now. It's a huge role in this offense.
There's nobody available that will walk in and be a big upgrade as early as Sunday.
I guess if someone gets cut that we like, they could help later in the year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kaep's out there. He's better than any backup QB we currently have.
We have 4 TEs
We have Rod smith, Darius Jackson and Bo Scarborough.
And I believe we traded Chevarous Ward for an interior o lineman from KC. Parker Ehinger I believe?
I would the very least likely landing spot for Kaep is Dallas.
32nd most likely.
He does belong on someone's roster though

There are always plenty of backup RBs available out there, if we decide to go that route. My guess is that like Smith just fine

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I don’t have an agenda and I’m mot infatuated with Rico like you are. I believe he’s not as good as some think he is just because of his size and because he caught a few balls against third stringers. I trust the coaches who see him practice everyday more than I do a bunch of arm chair coaches here.
:hammer:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not sure why nobody likes Geoff Swaim. He's been a solid blocker for the past few years and can certainly function in this scheme. No, he's not ever going to be a Witten or a Gronk, but as long as he can block he's going to play.

The tight end was a big part of this offense because we had Witten. Now that Witten is gone expect more multiple receiver sets or maybe more usage of running backs in the passing game.