We need a Vet WR...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
DallasEast;1667270 said:
Waitasec. Exactly how DO you overwork Owens?
at his age...strains, pulls, loss of explosion are all more likely...crayton offers nothings...it makes eveyone's life much harder with that statue on the other side

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
bbailey423;1667264 said:
because you don't want to overwork TO....we need him for the playoffs to be fresh as possible....plus right now Tony is having to make TOO many plays...a healthy Glenn does not need to be schemed open...Crayton needs to be schemed open
With that logic, we should bring in host of other positional players so that we don't overwork Romo, RBs, Witten, O-Line, D-Line, LBs, Safetys, and CBs, right?

Also, when you sign another player, you have to release one of our players, who would you be willing to cut?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCordsville Cowboy;1667276 said:
He must not want the ball.....

Owens lives to be in the spotlight and wants to put up big numbers. If he had it his way, he would have 20 catches a games.
In the great physical shape that he's in, I doubt that 20 catches per game over (a minimum) a 16-game season will 'overwork' him.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1667283 said:
With that logic, we should bring in host of other positional players so that we don't overwork Romo, RBs, Witten, O-Line, D-Line, LBs, Safetys, and CBs, right?

Also, when you sign another player, you have to release one of our players, who would you be willing to cut?
i am not going to try to convince you.....we have plenty of other playmakers at those positions..actually Romo is having to make too many plays as well...we will need the run game to give him some relief

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;1667278 said:
at his age...strains, pulls, loss of explosion are all more likely...crayton offers nothings...it makes eveyone's life much harder with that statue on the other side
1. He's only a year older.
2. He played with an injured hand last season.
3. What loss of explosion have you noticed or believe you'll notice this season?
4. That's pretty harsh about Crayton.
5. Is Bledsoe back in uniform?

aikemirv

Reaction score
DallasEast;1667270 said:
Waitasec. Exactly how DO you overwork Owens?

Yeah, I think TO would love to be overworked!

Crayton does not need to be schemed open IMO, he is just not the primary on many plays at all. I think the primary on most plays are Witten and TO. Why would it be anybody else if those two are open and catching passes?

Given time and great coverage I think Romo would check down to those guys but that has not been a need so far. We still have not even started utilizing the RB in the passing game to speak of.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
bbailey423;1667288 said:
i am not going to try to convince you.....we have plenty of other playmakers at those positions..actually Romo is having to make too many plays as well...we will need the run game to give him some relief
You do realize that we are ranked #4 in rushing attempts and #5 in rushing yards per game, right?

So, again, who are you going to cut to get a vet WR? or other skilled positions that you deemed as overworked?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;1667294 said:
1. He's only a year older.
2. He played with an injured hand last season.
3. What loss of explosion have you noticed or believe you'll notice this season?
4. That's pretty harsh about Crayton.
5. Is Bledsoe back in uniform?

Do I see my good friend, DallasEast, sticking up for T.O.?!!!!! :eek:

Whod a thunk it?

:laugh2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;1667310 said:
Do I see my good friend, DallasEast, sticking up for T.O.?!!!!! :eek:

Whod a thunk it?

:laugh2:
I hate his guts, but I've never downplayed his talents. I could post videos of his dropsies, but that would seem too... Eduncanish... wouldn't it?

HEY! I've invented a new word for Webster's!!! :eek:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
DallasEast;1667328 said:
I hate his guts, but I've never downplayed his talents.

Did you see the after game interviews last night? Its like he has become a completely new person.

That Romo magic can cure anything.

JPM

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1667297 said:
You do realize that we are ranked #4 in rushing attempts and #5 in rushing yards per game, right?

So, again, who are you going to cut to get a vet WR? or other skilled positions that you deemed as overworked?

We are averaging 146.3 yard per game !

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
DallasEast;1667328 said:
I hate his guts, but I've never downplayed his talents. I could post videos of his dropsies, but that would seem too... Eduncanish... wouldn't it?

HEY! I've invented a new word for Webster's!!! :eek:

eduncanish - to continue on the same path regardless of facts around you; to proclaim you make sense when no one else in the free world can see it; to obtain maximum annoyance levels in a short order of time.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
iceberg;1667442 said:
eduncanish - to continue on the same path regardless of facts around you; to proclaim you make sense when no one else in the free world can see it; to obtain maximum annoyance levels in a short order of time.

Awesome!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Maximum annoyance levels. I don't know if he is #1 there. Close though.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd;1667458 said:
Maximum annoyance levels. I don't know if he is #1 there. Close though.

don't worry man, you are still top 5.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;1667442 said:
[continued]

eduncanish - to post videos which draws conclusions completely opposite to those that they were originally intended; SYNONYM: wack

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
DallasEast;1667475 said:
[continued]

eduncanish - to post videos which draws conclusions completely opposite to those that they were originally intended; SYNONYM: wack

Dangit guys ..... you are killing me.