We need an authoritarian coach

texjew21

Reaction score
simple is that. I blame this teams poor performance and inconsistency entirely on the soft coaching staff. Romo can do whatever he wants as well as anybody else on the team. This definitely effects how a team plays together. Also as far as all the injuries are concerned, Wade Phillips has always had soft practices during his coaching career, this being the reason why our players are soft and get injured. Wade Phillips has some of the highest numbers in injured players during his entire coaching career. This team has too much talent to play the way they have been playing. It's time for Phillips to go, and time for Jerry to man up and hire somebody that is going to put the smack down on these boys.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We had one and our drama queen wr couldn't get along with him so he retired. Well he was part of the reason at least.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
41gy#;2514666 said:
How did December work out for Bill Parcells.

It isn't the coaches.

Coaches can mitigate that though, by not allowing their offensive coordinators to have an absolutely preposterous game plan going in against one of the best defenses in the NFL. When your QB throws two deep balls that sail on him and get picked, you as an offensive coach have to realize that he may be rattled and start calling some short stuff to get him in sync with his receivers.

Also, when your rookie RB is having ANOTHER 100+ YARD ALL PURPOSE GAME, GIVE HIM THE FOOTBALL.:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think if we had Belicheck last year... then this year we would be going to for 2 straight Super Bowl wins THIS year.

Yeah I mean it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I thought that Parcells was a good coach, but was a stubborn one as well.

I would say we need a coach who teaches details to the T, very particular about the small things. If their was someway we could hire Cowher and although I would love to keep Wade on as defensive coordinator, I think it's in the best interest to let Cowher hire his offensive and defensive coordinators.

I do love Wade's defense though, but the continuous jumping off sides tell me all I need to know about him and details.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
YoMick;2514687 said:
I think if we had Belicheck last year... then this year we would be going to for 2 straight Super Bowl wins THIS year.

Yeah I mean it.

Yeah, but he's Belicheat in my eyes. I'd rather not have him anywhere near the DFW metro area.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Clove;2514698 said:
I thought that Parcells was a good coach, but was a stubborne one as well.

I would say we need a coach who teaches details to the T, very particular about the small things. If their was someway we could hire Cowher and although I would love to keep Wade on as defensive coordinator, I think it's in the best interest to let Cowher hire his offensive and defensive coordinators.

I do love Wade's defense though, but the continuous jumping off sides tell me all I need to know about him and details.

Jumping offsides, false starts, and just all around bonehead plays. I can live with holding every now and then, maybe even a false start here and there, but not multiple false starts and blatant offsides and stuff. I can even live with pass interference every once in a while as long as the effort is there.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2514669 said:
We had one and our drama queen wr couldn't get along with him so he retired. Well he was part of the reason at least.
You realize Parcells only coached T.O. one year. So, what would be Parcells excuse for the other years?

At some point, need to look at the players.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2514729 said:
You realize Parcells only coached T.O. one year. So, what would be Parcells excuse for the other years?

At some point, need to look at the players.

I agree about the players but Parcells didn't have much to work with when he took over.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
texjew21;2514650 said:
simple is that. I blame this teams poor performance and inconsistency entirely on the soft coaching staff. Romo can do whatever he wants as well as anybody else on the team. This definitely effects how a team plays together. Also as far as all the injuries are concerned, Wade Phillips has always had soft practices during his coaching career, this being the reason why our players are soft and get injured. Wade Phillips has some of the highest numbers in injured players during his entire coaching career. This team has too much talent to play the way they have been playing. It's time for Phillips to go, and time for Jerry to man up and hire somebody that is going to put the smack down on these boys.

We need an authoritarian GM.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2514757 said:
We need an authoritarian GM.

We have that. We need our authoritarian GM's passion for winning to trickle down to the coaching staff.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2514740 said:
I agree about the players but Parcells didn't have much to work with when he took over.
This argument has been debated ad nauseum, but he took a sub-par team to the playoffs his first year (2003)

2004 overall suckage

2005 upgraded some talent and just missed.

2006 they went to the playoffs where Romo bobbled.

Truthfully, there have been only two years where there was some questionable talent on the roster and he made the playoffs in one of them.

Parcells coaching tenure was average. His overall impact on the organization and talent was above average, tho.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2514740 said:
I agree with this. I think it takes some time to accumulate a solid team, bout the time Parcells left, he had that.

But to me Parcells' was way too conservative, which actually helped us sometimes. His oldschool style was just not conducive to todays product on the field.

I think Cowher is a combination of a nice coach that the players love (Wade), and a hard nosed coach that won't put up with too much junk.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clove;2514791 said:
I agree with this. I think it takes some time to accumulate a solid team, bout the time Parcells left, he had that.

But to me Parcells' was way too conservative, which actually helped us sometimes. His oldschool style was just not conducive to todays product on the field.

I think Cowher is a combination of a nice coach that the players love (Wade), and a hard nosed coach that won't put up with too much junk.
Cowher has dogged Dallas AND Jerry all season long. I doubt he would be interested in coming here.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2514786 said:
This argument has been debated ad nauseum, but he took a sub-par team to the playoffs his first year (2003)

2004 overall suckage

2005 upgraded some talent and just missed.

2006 they went to the playoffs where Romo bobbled.

Truthfully, there have been only two years where there was some questionable talent on the roster and he made the playoffs in one of them.

Parcells coaching tenure was average. His overall impact on the organization and talent was above average, tho.

I can't argue with that.

newlander

Reaction score
Hey Mick: too bad Oprah's back. But I mean, yeah if Fisher or Belicheck were at the helm things would be different but they aren't so.....what now? Next week is SO important: and I don't mean just for this year. JJ wants to keep Coach Cupcake, but I believe he won't be able to if Philly hammers us-too many rich folks buying PSL's in his fancy stadium will not allow it IMO. Stay tuned.........of course.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
YoMick;2514687 said:

Yeah I mean it.

I agree. But he is the best coach in the league and one of the best to lead a team in along while. A Belicheck only comes around once in a blue moon. 2nd to him is Fischer and Coughlin. All 3 are lifers where they are and are better than chin.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
newlander;2514823 said:
Hey Mick: too bad Oprah's back. But I mean, yeah if Fisher or Belicheck were at the helm things would be different but they aren't so.....what now? Next week is SO important: and I don't mean just for this year. JJ wants to keep Coach Cupcake, but I believe he won't be able to if Philly hammers us-too many rich folks buying PSL's in his fancy stadium will not allow it IMO. Stay tuned.........of course.

Fisher is my choice but there is no way he leaves TN.