We need another WR threat

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
How is Gilyard overrated?

And my bad on the 4.2 speed. I was thinknig about another speedy reciever.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ive actually seen a ton of Gilyard being a Big East guy and I think hes being overated. Hes not explosive, and is rail thin.

I think people are expecting DeSean but hes just not that kindo of talent.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3187931 said:
Ive actually seen a ton of Gilyard being a Big East guy and I think hes being overated. Hes not explosive, and is rail thin.

Not saying you're wrong about Gilyard but most on here swore up and down DeSean Jackson did not have that kind of talent.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3187931 said:

Are you being serious right now?

No explosiveness?

wow must be opposite day.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3188542 said:
Not saying you're wrong about Gilyard but most on here swore up and down DeSean Jackson did not have that kind of talent.

It's not the talent people were knocking with JAckson it was his size and how small he was.

ghst187

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3186091 said:
Gilyards getting overrated.

Shipleys lame.

Tate or Ford(mid-round)
I like Williams but hes like Crayton.

Id take a gamble on Dez

I agree with about everything. Gilyard's money will be made on special teams. I don't see him contributing at WR for a year or two. I like the kid and would gladly take him if he fell to day 2, but that's about it. He needs to put on some weight without losing speed.
Shipley may have to may money returning kicks also. I think he could contribute as a #3 in the right system but I've just seen him disappear as a WR too many times.
Tate has great hands but will always look like a RB. I have no idea how he will be with his route running or how quick he is in and out of cuts. Wouldn't touch him til late second at best.
Ford has all the speed and quickness in the world and decent but not great hands. He is very raw at WR. I would consider in the third but probably not sooner unless he shows some great hands and route running at the combine.
Williams is actually my fave. He is probably the most polished all around WR in this draft. You say he reminds you of Crayton but I see more of NYG's Steve Smith. What would you say is special about the NYG Steve Smith, not a lot but he just does everything really well. I think Williams is more quick than fast, which does more to get you separation, runs good routes, and has really good hands. I think he will be productive in year one like the guy I wanted last year, Mike Wallace, and the guy I wanted a few years ago for the same reasons, USC's Steve Smith. We have a homerun hitter in Austin, it'd be nice to have a guy like Williams who is a threat in the intermediate range and really hard to cover one on one. Right now, we have RW who grandma can cover one on one and Austin on all our 2 WR sets.
I like Dez and I think if he was somehow available when we picked he would be the best player available. I don't think you can ever pass on a probable gamebreaker like Dez. He reminds me a lot of TO. A few spectacular catches, an occasional drop, but constantly doubleteamed and frequently changing games. Sure we'd have to drop RW and pay him 21 mil, but it'd be worth it. I think our offense would put up numbers like in 2007.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3188542 said:
He clearly had homerun ability. I couldve sworn he would be in and out of the lineup his whole career. But hes been smart and avoided contact.

SLATEmosphere;3188678 said:
Are you being serious right now?

No explosiveness?

wow must be opposite day.

I get the impression you think hed step in and light it up day one and I dont see it. He just doesnt have that kind of burst and I wouldnt takd him until like the 3rd. Well see at the combine though.

Right now, Id go

Dez-1st
Tate-1st
LaFell-Top 40- (Prob. not our guy but hes got potential)
2nd- Williams(I want to see him run)
3rd- Gilyard
4th- Ford
4th- Noel Devine- Yea you heard me
4th- Decker
5th-Shipley(we dont have a 5th) ;)

I dont know what do w/ Benn.
And Im sure Andre Robert will be this boards Jonny Knox come March/April

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Im no Daniel Snyder w/ the cap, but I think RW11 will restructure and we may take one by round 4 depending on the value