We Need Backup QB's

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1369916 said:
Don't forget about Ricky Ray.
No, forget about him. Horrible idea. That fool couldn't beat out Q to backup Chad Pennington in 2004.

Pass.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
maninabox;1369727 said:
My guess is Brooks in done there. He actually would be a good fit here as a backup. I really like Walter, he had a difficult time last year, but he was a rook and look at his line and had his recievers giving up and had a guy calling plays who for the last 10 yrs was running a bed and breakfast. If we could get him that would be great. He has a big arm and reminds me of Bledsoe from 10 years ago.
Brooks is awful, he reminds me of the Q. No way we want that clown. What's David Garrard's contract status? He's no starter, but would be a quality backup.

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1370016 said:
No, forget about him. Horrible idea. That fool couldn't beat out Q to backup Chad Pennington in 2004.

Pass.
I disagree. I say bring him in. I think he stays in the CFL this year and comes down next season. The Q didn't beat anyone out, he was signed and then handed the backup position. Ray is not a "horrible idea" at all. He's a star and record setter up in Canada. He's has the skills and the brains to get it done. I suggest you learn more about Ricky Ray before writing him off. You won't find a more accurate QB. Keep an eye on him this year under his new OC, he should shine. He'll only be 28 next year.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
clearly this will be an area of need. i don't have anybody good in mind. let's hope wade does.

i wonder what will happen to bledsoe?

philo beddoe

Benched
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1371543 said:
clearly this will be an area of need. i don't have anybody good in mind. let's hope wade does.

i wonder what will happen to bledsoe?
I'll bet local boy Maddox ends up a Cowboy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
philo beddoe;1371202 said:
I disagree. I say bring him in. I think he stays in the CFL this year and comes down next season. The Q didn't beat anyone out, he was signed and then handed the backup position. Ray is not a "horrible idea" at all. He's a star and record setter up in Canada. He's has the skills and the brains to get it done. I suggest you learn more about Ricky Ray before writing him off. You won't find a more accurate QB. Keep an eye on him this year under his new OC, he should shine. He'll only be 28 next year.
It's an absolutely horrible idea. One of the worst ideas I've heard.