We Need Ray Lewis

alancdc

Reaction score
Exactly what I thought watching last night. We need a big time leader on that D. Whether it is him, or someone that has some of the same qualities as him.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Yes. Because the glaring problem with this team is our Linebackers suck. Ware? James? Spencer? Ellis? God save this team from this Motley Crue...

Bring in this old criminal and all our problems will be solved: Garrett will suddenly know how to run an Offense, a QB will know how to make good decisions, our WR will be happy whether or not he gets the ball and our GM will suddenly know how to manage.

Spot on.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say it. Ray Lewis is the O.J. Simpson nobody talks about. Except he's worse because not only did he get off on a double murder, he hides behind some religious facade and pretends to be some sort of upstanding role model. Dude should be in the penitentiary, not on a football field.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2513277 said:
That disrespectful piece of garbage should never be allowed anywhere near this team.

LOL, we have a player on this team that disgraced our great stadium and humiliated one of the all time great Cowboys, and you are getting up in arms about Ray Lewis.

Matt

Reaction score
Alexander;2513293 said:
Ray Lewis won't play QB. Ray Lewis won't play WR. Ray Lewis won't play offensive line. Ray Lewis won't be the offensive coordinator.

Ray Lewis won't allow back to back 70 yd TD runs in important parts of the game...

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Kilyin;2513707 said:
I'll go ahead and say it. Ray Lewis is the O.J. Simpson nobody talks about. Except he's worse because not only did he get off on a double murder, he hides behind some religious facade and pretends to be some sort of upstanding role model. Dude should be in the penitentiary, not on a football field.

They are the Cowboys, not the Choirboys. Pacman's "crime" is just as bad as Lewis' and he has been accepted as a Cowboy. Like ALL teams, there have been players with unsavory pasts.

And If Septien can be a Cowboy, so can Ray Lewis. Septien was the lowest of the low.

Whether you refer to it as "collar jerker", leader, butt kicker, whatever_this team has serious need of it, as many as possible, IMO. Too many pseudo leaders on this team, simply talkers.

orye74

Reaction score
Ray Lewis will stay here in Baltimore. He has a HUGE fan base here and we will pay him what ever needed

rojan

Reaction score
What about Dawkins? Isn't he a free agent. I think he still got a couple more years left and I don't think he would want to stay in Philly if they make a QB change. He is too old to rebuild

yimyammer

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2513274 said:
i bet Jerry will pony up the money to get Ray lewis my friends...time for zach to move on...he gets blown up right up the guy anyway...need a NT too and to move rat over...he will dominate, ray will dominate...this will open things up for others to play well too...along with our other stars...that would be two positions of dominance we didnt have this year....bradie would get 10 sacks next year ....we need ray lewis' leadership...we have no leader, they would listen to him...bradie would have to move over...

I think he'd be worth it for his leadership and passion alone, someone needs to kick some *** in that locker room and he's one of the few that have the credibility and ability to do it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ray Lewis is not the answer and if we want a Ravens LB there are much younger, better candidates to go after. I'd love us to get Terrell Suggs personally.

He'd start opposite Ware and allow Spencer to continue developing as he is NOT a starter right now in ability. It would also mean us jettisoning Ellis to allow him to finish his career elsewhere.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
theebs;2513277 said:
give me a break.

That disrespectful piece of garbage should never be allowed anywhere near this team.

I heard him say when celebrating on the sidelines "Turn the lights off this B****" (Something along those lines) referring to Texas Stadium but his one great player.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Alexander;2513293 said:
Ray Lewis won't play QB. Ray Lewis won't play WR. Ray Lewis won't play offensive line. Ray Lewis won't be the offensive coordinator.

So those are suddenly our only positions of concern?

Our defense's inexplicable tendency to choke late in games (Pittsburgh, Baltimore) bothers you none?

This team's big-game, late-situation woes, I'm afraid, stretch well beyond any singular player or side of the ball. It's as engrained into this team at the moment as anything that defines us.

Blame Romo, blame TO or blame Garrett, or blame Phillips, Newman, James or Hamlin. Any and all of them, just about, have had their hand in this wonderful debacle.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
djtavo;2517221 said:
I heard him say when celebrating on the sidelines "Turn the lights off this B****" (Something along those lines) referring to Texas Stadium but his one great player.

Here ya go if u missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J8gZZKa-1w

"It's official we closed this DOWN" and Reed with his "Let's blow it up......BOOOOOOOM"

ndanger

Reaction score
I would rather have a few coaches like maybe Ken Norton Jr. or Mike Singleterry type guys on both sides of the ball. As far as I can tell we only have 2 coaches that MIGHT invoke some level of accountability, Ray Sherman and the d-line coach Grantham. That's not enough. Our O/C is an ex-Q/B so he will not hold Romo as accountable as he should, which nullifies Sherman's abilities. Our d-line is playing better this year, why, Grantham, maybe. Our secondary is playing better because we have some young guys who are running around on previous coaching. You don't think Campo is striking fear in 'em do ya'? You don't necessarily need a bunch of leaders on the field, one or 2 on both sides of the ball, as long as you have them on the sidelines. We just don't have enough on the sidelines. Imagine our offense without Witten. You think any of the Garrett cartoon figures provide any leadership? Who on the def. is a guy who holds anyone accountable? Newman? You hear him chirp now and then on tv. Ever see him chirp on the sidelines? I think we have some guys who can step up like Choice and Scandrick , but they haven't made their mark yet. Right now I'm of the opinion we need leadership on the sidelines more-so than on the field. You think a guy like Norton Jr. wouldn't have struck fear in some players after those 2 long runs? I doubt anybody even got their butts chewed out about it. Give me some Butch Davis ,Mike Singleterry, Ken Norton Jr. type coaches and stupidity will go away, quickly.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Lewis is exactly the type of player this team needs. They need an ***-kicker in the locker room, on the field and Lewis fits that bill to a tee.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell;2517218 said:
Ray Lewis is not the answer and if we want a Ravens LB there are much younger, better candidates to go after. I'd love us to get Terrell Suggs personally.

He'd start opposite Ware and allow Spencer to continue developing as he is NOT a starter right now in ability. It would also mean us jettisoning Ellis to allow him to finish his career elsewhere.

Cant say I'd agree on that. Spencer has looked pretty good since he's got back from injury, and he is almost unblockable when rushing the passer. We dont need to throw more huge $$$ into OLB

Ware's about to break the bank, Suggs is probably going to get the franchise tag and if he did get on the open market, he's going to get a substantial deal.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This isn't important, right now, but I'll absolutely say that I have nothing against Thomas, at all, but I'd be firmly on the bandwagon for getting Ray Lewis. He's a fiery leader and I'd LOVE to have that here, without question.