We Need Some Power at C

The Realist

Reaction score
And Biadasz/Farniok aren’t the answer. Neither are UDFA’s Lindstrom (296) and Empey (25 years old).

I have my eyes on 6-6/320 Joe Tippman from Wisconsin. Started for first time at C last year and was the 3rd ranked C in the country by PFF.

J-man

Reaction score
I agree, have been saying so for awhile. I loved the Biadsz pick, but so far he hasn't been able to hold up against a power rush. Dak has to have that comfy feeling in front of his eyes in order to stay on the play long enough for it to develop. And Zeke needs a hole these days.

The Realist

Reaction score
I agree, have been saying so for awhile. I loved the Biadsz pick, but so far he hasn't been able to hold up against a power rush. Dak has to have that comfy feeling in front of his eyes in order to stay on the play long enough for it to develop. And Zeke needs a hole these days.

And it only got worse for Biadasz better. Eagles added Davis to Hargrove and Cox. The Commanders added Mathis to Payne and Allen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Biadasz/Farniok aren’t the answer. Neither are UDFA’s Lindstrom (296) and Empey (25 years old).

I have my eyes on 6-6/320 Joe Tippman from Wisconsin. Started for first time at C last year and was the 3rd ranked C in the country by PFF.

Farniok was 311 pounds pre-draft with 28 reps on the bench and a 33" vert.

Tippmann is interesting.

garyv

Reaction score

What about free agent JC Tretter

Cowboyny

Reaction score

We now have Smith next to him, he will not have issues against power players and should help the center position out.

The Realist

Reaction score
We have been good, when we have surrounded an undersized center with a power player in the past.

Its easy to just say that off the cuff, but if you dig deeper you see that Stepnowski was 2x All Pro,
5x PB and 1990’s All Decade team after being a 2nd round pick. Biadasz will not be any of the above. We had Clay Shiver next to power players and he was awful.

quickccc

Reaction score
There's been NFL centers that were Not known as power house pivots, who were actually pro bowlers
- ala Corey Linsley, LAC, .Jason Kelce, Philly,.. Ryan Kelly, Indy. and.Alex Mack.

- We just cannot have a center that doesn't have enuff functional play strength to where he cannot operate one on one at all.
Where he simply cannot handle the 3-4 NTs, even the average ones - where he's knocked into the backfield constantly and giving up penetration.

- As of now, the Cowboys do not see Tyler Biazdas as that much of a liability, as they did not draft his replacement. nor deep into the vet FA market for a new
center either. And with Stephen around, it's not likely to be seek and conquer move to sign an established vet center.

quickccc

Reaction score
And it only got worse for Biadasz better. Eagles added Davis to Hargrove and Cox. The Football Team added Mathis to Payne and Allen.

Not sure i'd mentioned Fletcher Cox as much, and i'm not as worried about him anymore. as he's about at the end of the line.
He just re-signed for only a one year deal. Which indicates his Eagles career seems almost over.
The future of their interior is Jordan and Hargrove, as you made mentioned of.

The Realist

Reaction score
Not sure i'd mentioned Fletcher Cox as much, and i'm not as worried about him anymore. as he's about at the end of the line.
He just re-signed for only a one year deal. Which indicates his Eagles career seems almost over.

And Milton Williams

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Our last two Pro Bowl OC's were powerful. Granted Gurode has his short comings

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ya Cox might be closed to gassed. I think he serves them better as a role model for Davis and Williams than on the field now

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Its easy to just say that off the cuff, but if you dig deeper you see that Stepnowski was 2x All Pro,
5x PB and 1990’s All Decade team after being a 2nd round pick. Biadasz will not be any of the above. We had Clay Shiver next to power players and he was awful.
He was also next to Newton who was a pro bowl player as well.