We need to draft this guy in the second round.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
if you want that ballhawking playmaking safety, look no further than Josh Bullocks of Nebraska... 2nd round we need to take HIM

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JBell523 said:
if you want that ballhawking playmaking safety, look no further than Josh Bullocks of Nebraska... 2nd round we need to take HIM
I know nothing about him. Thanks for the tip. I'll do some studying.

Champsheart

Reaction score
stokee said:
Brodney Pool S Oklahoma

I just do not understand why so many are high on Brodney.

I have watched a lot of Oklahoma games, and he just does not stand out. Yeah, he is decent, but I see nothing to get excited about.

Champsheart

Reaction score
JBell523 said:

I agree! I think Bullocks has much more playmaking ability than Brodney.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
I remember some talk about James Butler before the draft. Good size, decent speed, but didn't have a stand out senior season after a good junior year.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Sign Dwight Smith and look for other positions in the draft.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I like this suggestion as much as any draft strategy.

I've totally changed my tune on safeties. I knew losing Woody would be big, but I was of the school of thought that you didn't pay safeties. In the current defense Dallas runs, they need a good FS. Pay him.

I honestly think just adding Smith, Jason Ferguson and a young DE in the draft would help immensely.

ghst187

Reaction score
Brodney Poole showed how little he understands playing against complex passing offenses in the Orange Bowl, this coming from an OU alum. He was out of position all nite and that was really the only pass-oriented offense he faced all season. I don't think he's bad, I just think we shouldn't target him.

Josh Bullochs plays the FS/centerfield better than about any other FS I saw play. I didn't see much of Butler or Brimmer though. I liked the fact that Bullochs always plays around the ball, has a great break on the ball, and makes a lot of INTs. I also think we could snatch him later in the second and maybe even third round depending on his combine.

Champsheart

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Brodney Poole showed how little he understands playing against complex passing offenses in the Orange Bowl, this coming from an OU alum. He was out of position all nite and that was really the only pass-oriented offense he faced all season. I don't think he's bad, I just think we shouldn't target him.

Josh Bullochs plays the FS/centerfield better than about any other FS I saw play. I didn't see much of Butler or Brimmer though. I liked the fact that Bullochs always plays around the ball, has a great break on the ball, and makes a lot of INTs. I also think we could snatch him later in the second and maybe even third round depending on his combine.

As of right now we have no 3rd rounder.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I just don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder at this point. He takes terrible angles when is zone coverage. Physically he's extremely talented. I wouldn't be suprised if he tested very well at the combine. He caught Reggie Bush from behind with no angle during the NC game. I just dont know if the deep coverage issues with him can be coached out of him.

jamez25

Reaction score
He caught Reggie Bush from behind with no angle during the NC game.
yea, after Bush ran for like 50 yards...maybe he could do the same with TO or Moss...

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
Im in agreement with Junk, signing Dwight Smith would be a great move. I have posted my feelings on Smith before;I think hes one of the top 5 Free safetys in the game. Smith has great upside; hes only 26, hes a great tackler, I think he has around 14 career ints, and he can play corner. Smith is an all around toughnosed football player.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I did some more research on Dwight Smith; 4 years as a pro, 12 ints, 6 forced fumbles, 20 kick returns for an avg. of 22.4. Last year Smith had 72 tackles, 3 ints and 3 forced fumbles. The only negative is Smiths size at only 5-10", 206lbs.

deerssur

Reaction score
i have put a lot of thought into this and would like some feedback, please.

thanks

r1a antajj hawthorn dt wisc 6'4" 315 lbs
r1b troy williamson wr sc 6'2" 200lbs
r2 kevin burnett olb tenn 6'3" 235 lbs
r3 none(we really need to pick this round up)
r4 vince fuller fs/cb va tech 6'1" 190 lbs
r5 albert means dt memphis 6'4" 335 lbs
r6 anthony davis rb wisc 5'8" 205
r7 eric moore olb/de fla st 6'4 245 lbs

free agents:

de john abraham jets
fs/cb gary baxter ravens
ort ryan diem colts
:iggles: :skins: :jints: :banghead:

other fa possibilities

samari rolle cb titans
ed hartwell lb ravens

Duane

Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:
I did some more research on Dwight Smith; 4 years as a pro, 12 ints, 6 forced fumbles, 20 kick returns for an avg. of 22.4. Last year Smith had 72 tackles, 3 ints and 3 forced fumbles. The only negative is Smiths size at only 5-10", 206lbs.
His size doesn't bother me. With 72 tackles last year he shows he can handle contact. We already have someone who can lay the wood in the secondary. Right now the major need is for someone to compliment that will ball skills.