We need to draft this guy in the second round.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I know we need a big DT that can plug the middle, but my opinion is that pick #11 is too high for Hawthorne. I have only see Hawthorne play 2 or three times but he does not impress me at all. I dont know too much about T. Williamson but once again I think thats (pick #20) too early for him. Maybe you could give me some info on T. Williamson, as Ive never seen him play just read profiles on him. K. Burnett is a solid OLB. And I like your F.A.s.

deerssur

Reaction score
i have also felt that hawthorne would be a reach and who really knows who will drop to us or where we might trade down to, but he might just do well in a line between glover and ellis. we really cant continue to use cast offs and low rd draft picks on the dl anymore. as far as the info on williamson:
4.3 40 time
fr. 17 catches 491 yds
so. 31 catches 428 yds 2 tds 28.9 ypc
jr. 43 catches 835 yds 7 tds 19.4 ypc 75.9 ypg
i would love to see edwards or williams fall to #11 or maybe lb johnson, who knows...thanks for the reply. :skins: :jints: :iggles:

Bizwah

Reaction score
deerssur said:
i have put a lot of thought into this and would like some feedback, please.

thanks

r1a antajj hawthorn dt wisc 6'4" 315 lbs
r1b troy williamson wr sc 6'2" 200lbs
r2 kevin burnett olb tenn 6'3" 235 lbs
r3 none(we really need to pick this round up)
r4 vince fuller fs/cb va tech 6'1" 190 lbs
r5 albert means dt memphis 6'4" 335 lbs
r6 anthony davis rb wisc 5'8" 205
r7 eric moore olb/de fla st 6'4 245 lbs

free agents:

de john abraham jets
fs/cb gary baxter ravens
ort ryan diem colts
:iggles: :skins: :jints: :banghead:

other fa possibilities

samari rolle cb titans
ed hartwell lb ravens

Say "NO!" to Kevin Burnett.

The guy is an admitted Cowboy-Hater. I believe he's even said he does not want to be drafted by the Cowboys.

He's a HUGE 49ers fan. When the Vols played in the Cotton Bowl, they visited Texas Stadium. He said he just had to stand on the star like TO did. He praised the move by TO.

I'll pass on this moron.

deerssur

Reaction score
:banghead: well there will surely be a good olb with size and speed there for us somewhere in the first 2 rds, hate that about burnett, the guy has some talent.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:
I know we need a big DT that can plug the middle, but my opinion is that pick #11 is too high for Hawthorne. I have only see Hawthorne play 2 or three times but he does not impress me at all. I dont know too much about T. Williamson but once again I think thats (pick #20) too early for him. Maybe you could give me some info on T. Williamson, as Ive never seen him play just read profiles on him. K. Burnett is a solid OLB. And I like your F.A.s.

I agree 100% on Hawthorne....he seems to have noooo motor.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Dwight Smith is going to market himself as a CB not a FS. So if the Boys sign him it WILL NOT be for normal FS money.

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
I would disagree with you, as I read an article in the Tampa Tribune about Smith were as Smith stated that he would like to go somewhere that he could play CB, but how can he demand CB money when he hasnt played CB in three years. And reguardless of FS or CB, Smith would be a big improvement in our secondary.

ghst187

Reaction score
no way Hawthorn is worth the 11th pick. Personally, I don't think he's even worth a first round pick but i'm presuming he'll go somewhere in it. I'd prefer Jason Ferguson via FA or even Pat Williams.
No way Troy is worth a first rounder either. Burnett hates us and will go in the first round. Also, I want DE Howard or Hayward via FA or even Pollack with the 20th pick over Abraham, the alcholic that sits out playoff games and has frequent injuries but wants paid like like a superstar.

Jim Walls

Reaction score
Quarterbacks is still unsettled--Is Drew the man--I liked him in college. The not so amazing QB is at Pittsburg in Big Ben R.--I knew he was the best out of college but he came from a small college. If the QB problem is not solved I wish we would draft Alex Smith from Utah--I have watch all of them coming out in the 2005 draft--Alex is the best, yes he is a option QB and has a big arm but once again a small school. Parcells wants a back up to Julian Jones, how about Henderson from Texas Tech, could get pretty cheap he is from Texas and speed backing up speed. We need Cody from either USC or Okla. both are good, but we need a another Charles Haley and a big noise tackle. Bill wants the 3-4 defense next year but needs big linebackers.Our boys needs a leader on the team to keep them in line. When they adopt comradeship among the players like New England has--we will be super bowl bound and soon I think. 260 lb linebackers is what Bill wants like McGinnis--Trotter--Lewis--than its hard to pass over the middle and they can play the run also--Many choices I only hope we do better at 1 or 2 players capable of starting

Jim Walls

Reaction score
deerssur said:
i have put a lot of thought into this and would like some feedback, please.

thanks-------

r1a antajj hawthorn dt wisc 6'4" 315 lbs
r1b troy williamson wr sc 6'2" 200lbs
r2 kevin burnett olb tenn 6'3" 235 lbs
r3 none(we really need to pick this round up)
r4 vince fuller fs/cb va tech 6'1" 190 lbs
r5 albert means dt memphis 6'4" 335 lbs
r6 anthony davis rb wisc 5'8" 205
r7 eric moore olb/de fla st 6'4 245 lbs

free agents:

de john abraham jets
fs/cb gary baxter ravens
ort ryan diem colts
:iggles: :skins: :jints: :banghead:

other fa possibilities

samari rolle cb titans
ed hartwell lb ravens
---Abraham is a Parcells draft choice from college. good choice--Running Back--Henderson is unknown but Texas Tech has him and he is fast to back up J.Jones. Bill wants a big 240-250 lb.er on the goal line. Receiver--Clayton from Okla and Cody. The safety from OU-kick returner nice choice to replace Darren--name can not remember. Idea do like Tampa Bay do not draft cover cornors instead get safetys and convert them over and play zone. Need some more Roy Williams type in secondary--Nose tackle Parcells needs to draft big and speed to anchor that middle--need pass rusher on cornor or big line backers

Jim Walls

Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:
I would disagree with you, as I read an article in the Tampa Tribune about Smith were as Smith stated that he would like to go somewhere that he could play CB, but how can he demand CB money when he hasnt played CB in three years. And reguardless of FS or CB, Smith would be a big improvement in our secondary.
--Sorry about name but the safety OU has and uses as a kick returner he will go early