We need to lock up Kellen Moore for as long as we possibly can

stiletto

Reaction score
We can't lose Kelly Moore.

Don't you mean Kelly Leak??

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
I guess there is no way for me to edit the title. If a mod can edit "Kellen" in place of Kelly that would be appreciated! Sorry. :)

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
But with the way NFL owners are looking for the next Sean McVay ... I’m not sure Moore even needs to do much more to be high on their lists.

I mean, who was praising the Titans offense when the Packers picked LaFleur?
Yeah, Romo has flourished at announcing games and his name was thrown around. So it does not take a lot. And if this continues he will quickly grow in stature.

SlimBig

Reaction score
Jake on The Ticket theorized that Moore will be the Commanders coach next year because young OCs are hot commodities now.
I don't think Jerry will make the same mistake that he did with Payton going to the Saints.

If Garrett flames out in the playoffs, its over.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
He is going to quickly become a very hot commodity. Clearly he is a big key to our success. So many times you lose coaches, and argue that someone under them will just carry on with the same philosophy. But it rarely if ever works out that way. To have gone so long with poor coaching, more than 15 years, and finally have what feels like the perfect fit, I am just hopeful that Jerry tells him the right words, pays him the right amount of money. There is no salary cap for coaches, so pay him every penny he wants, to make up for the status he will inevitably want from some new offered title, elsewhere. And making him the head coach is not the solution in my opinion, because then his focus shifts too much and is necessarily spread too thin. I am just interested in heading off what seems inevitable.
2 Games against 2 weak defenses. Dak and Zeke went 13-3 under Linnehan their rookie seasons.We were in the play-offs last year, division Champs. Its not like he inherited the worste offense in the NFL!

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
The powers that be, have made quite a few errors in the last 20 plus years. So yea, I feel snake bit. Finally we have a complete team. Lets keep it that way for half a dozen years or more and win 2 or 3 supper bowls. I would rather error on the side of securing things asap than waiting till after the boat has sailed.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jake on The Ticket theorized that Moore will be the Commanders coach next year because young OCs are hot commodities now.
I don't think Jerry will make the same mistake that he did with Payton going to the Saints.

If Garrett flames out in the playoffs, its over.

I would rather give Moore a chance. And yes Jerry did mess up by letting Peyton go to the Saints.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He is going to quickly become a very hot commodity. Clearly he is a big key to our success. So many times you lose coaches, and argue that someone under them will just carry on with the same philosophy. But it rarely if ever works out that way. To have gone so long with poor coaching, more than 15 years, and finally have what feels like the perfect fit, I am just hopeful that Jerry tells him the right words, pays him the right amount of money. There is no salary cap for coaches, so pay him every penny he wants, to make up for the status he will inevitably want from some new offered title, elsewhere. And making him the head coach is not the solution in my opinion, because then his focus shifts too much and is necessarily spread too thin. I am just interested in heading off what seems inevitable.
Ya,it's unfortunate you wasn't an active participant in the game threads during the brief period when he was an active lead q.b. sportin' the star,,, ya, you missed out on all of about ,maybe .5% forum members supportive Kellen flag wavers ,as the overwhelming majority of the uni- browed mouth breathing fellows of forum fandoms membership remaining ranks running at 99.5% were wishing him the best of luck in his future endeavoured efforts at MacDonald's,like as of the previous yesterday shift,,,&,,, as I recall, they didn't even want to be caught residing within the same zip code of the guy,,,just sayin' .o_O

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Only 2 games. Moore has not proven anything yet. But I do like how he is calling plays right now with Dak.