We need to look at Barwin and Simon

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Not to sure about Simon but I know barwin was cut because he didn't fit in a 4-3......which we also run

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Not to sure about Simon but I know barwin was cut because he didn't fit in a 4-3......which we also run
Is that true ? I thought he'd fit in with marinelli scheme. Guess I'm wrong. He did wanna take a pay cut but Eagles said no.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score

6'4" and 265 sounds like a good sized 4-3 DE. Is he super slow or something?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Is that true ? I thought he'd fit in with marinelli scheme. Guess I'm wrong. He did wanna take a pay cut but Eagles said no.

They wanted him to take a pay cut because he wasn't as effective in the 4-3 as he had been in the 3-4. That's what I read at least. Makes sense though. He was pretty good before Schwartz came and its not like he was injured or anything

tm1119

Reaction score
Yes, Barwin was cut because he's garbage as a 4-3 end. He's a 3-4 strong side guy who is good at setting the edge and covering the flat. Think Anthony Spencer but a step and a 1/2 slower.

Simon I'm interested in. I think he can get after the QB as a situational pass rusher. He played with his hand in the dirt at Ohio State

Wood

Reaction score
Those two guys are very aggressive and get after people.

3-4 4-3 I could not care less...they affect games.

Barwin is as good as it gets in locker room. He frequently rode the septa bus during his stay in Philly. As far as his pass rush....I think he basically would give you what Ware would give you at this point. Maybe 5-6 sacks on season. But both are locker room guys who increase odds of creating culture needed to get to Super Bowl.

Aven8

Reaction score
Barwin is as good as it gets in locker room. He frequently rode the septa bus during his stay in Philly. As far as his pass rush....I think he basically would give you what Ware would give you at this point. Maybe 5-6 sacks on season. But both are locker room guys who increase odds of creating culture needed to get to Super Bowl.

I gotta go with Barwin in that case then. Younger and healthier. Not interested in retreads.