CFZ We're better than Kansas City and Philly

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm just trying to make sure I follow the logic rules of those who say we have no chance against San Francisco next week. I assume that's partly based on the fact that the 49ers beat Arizona 35-16 this week while we lost to Arizona 28-16 last week.

By that logic since Kansas City barely beat the Jets (23-20) this week and we drubbed New York 30-10, then we have to be a couple of touchdowns better than the defending Super Bowl champs. And since we clubbed New England 38-3 and the Eagles squeaked by the Patriots 25-20, Philly should be afeared to even get on the field with us.

We actually also have one-up on the 49ers with our 40-0 victory over the Giants because San Fran only beat them 30-12.

Now again, this is not my take on things. I'm an any given Sunday guy, but if we have no chance against the 49ers because of what they did Sunday to Arizona, this season is looking pretty bright for us in the division and even in the Super Bowl, if we face the Chiefs. Of course, we'll need someone to knock off San Fran for us to get there.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That's a lot of mental gymnastics to make yourself feel better.

I'll wait until we beat them.
No one is saying that we will beat them. They beat us the last two times we played them, so until we show it, we shouldn't assume victory. I just think those who are saying we have no shot are going overboard. We've got three blowout victories and one illogical loss. San Fran has been solid in all four games. It should be a good game unless we look like we did against the Cardinals.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think I sorta agree with this thread Title. That said, its not who's the best in early October, its who's the best, and healthiest come December. Its a marathon, not a sprint. Anything can happen. Even if we lose next week, its means little other than its a loss. Things can peak or valley later, for a variety of reasons.. Call me crazy, but I am a firm believer that a team can peak 2 early and lose their edge come December. The Eagles and Niners come 2 mind. I like exactly where this team is at. We are in the catbird seat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let me say this......I saw Mac Jones against the Eagles and he looked damn good. I saw Howell against them yesterday and he looked good. But based on what I saw from Mac Jones yesterday? Eagles has some serious issues on defense letting Kirk Cousins in primetime and Mac Jones torch them up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
....IMO, from only what I've seen. I feel Dallas has better defense. SF has better offense.

Winner will come from who is coached better. I like our chances.
It's weird because 49ers have a great defense but they've been leaning on the offense to win and haven't needed the defense to score for them. Cowboys I feel have a good offense but haven't needed them to score because of the defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Negative we aint better than those teams.
we are a work in progress and I feel we are on the same par or better than these teams, when healthy. Which we haven't been all year. Katy bar the door if we can ever get fully healthy and start clicking withtout a hiccup.

ShortRound

Reaction score
No one is saying that we will beat them. They beat us the last two times we played them, so until we show it, we shouldn't assume victory. I just think those who are saying we have no shot are going overboard. We've got three blowout victories and one illogical loss. San Fran has been solid in all four games. It should be a good game unless we look like we did against the Cardinals.
I hope you're right though. I want to beat them so bad.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some teams matchup better against others. Miami can’t play in Buffalo, NE always struggled in Miami with Brady, Dallas falters in Arizona, Washington always plays Philly tough. SF matches up well against Dallas, their strengths are our weaknesses. The NFL is all about matchups for most games and Dallas will need to be firing on all cylinders Sunday night.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm just trying to make sure I follow the logic rules of those who say we have no chance against San Francisco next week. I assume that's partly based on the fact that the 49ers beat Arizona 35-16 this week while we lost to Arizona 28-16 last week.

By that logic since Kansas City barely beat the Jets (23-20) this week and we drubbed New York 30-10, then we have to be a couple of touchdowns better than the defending Super Bowl champs. And since we clubbed New England 38-3 and the Eagles squeaked by the Patriots 25-20, Philly should be afeared to even get on the field with us.

We actually also have one-up on the 49ers with our 40-0 victory over the Giants because San Fran only beat them 30-12.

Now again, this is not my take on things. I'm an any given Sunday guy, but if we have no chance against the 49ers because of what they did Sunday to Arizona, this season is looking pretty bright for us in the division and even in the Super Bowl, if we face the Chiefs. Of course, we'll need someone to knock off San Fran for us to get there.
We'll have to revisit this next Monday. The way this offense is struggling to put points on the board, no, I don't think they will be able to beat SF. SF has simply played a much more physical game the last 2 playoff games, and this game will be no different.

gimmesix

Reaction score
....IMO, from only what I've seen. I feel Dallas has better defense. SF has better offense.

Winner will come from who is coached better. I like our chances.
I hate that they picked up McCaffrey last year. That's that one boom move that I've been wanting us to make to put us over the top (not trading for McCaffrey, mind you, but acquiring a difference maker like we did when we traded for Haley in the 1990s). He's definitely made them a better team and having a dream season so far.