CFZ We're better than Kansas City and Philly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm just trying to make sure I follow the logic rules of those who say we have no chance against San Francisco next week. I assume that's partly based on the fact that the 49ers beat Arizona 35-16 this week while we lost to Arizona 28-16 last week.

By that logic since Kansas City barely beat the Jets (23-20) this week and we drubbed New York 30-10, then we have to be a couple of touchdowns better than the defending Super Bowl champs. And since we clubbed New England 38-3 and the Eagles squeaked by the Patriots 25-20, Philly should be afeared to even get on the field with us.

We actually also have one-up on the 49ers with our 40-0 victory over the Giants because San Fran only beat them 30-12.

Now again, this is not my take on things. I'm an any given Sunday guy, but if we have no chance against the 49ers because of what they did Sunday to Arizona, this season is looking pretty bright for us in the division and even in the Super Bowl, if we face the Chiefs. Of course, we'll need someone to knock off San Fran for us to get there.
We definitely have a chance against San Francisco, but we’re not better than KC or Philly until we prove it. Those two teams have proven they can win knuckle busters this season. We got into a knuckle buster against an average team that’s lost three games this season, and they dominated us. The only games we’ve won have been in blowouts. We have to prove we can come from behind and withstand a real challenge that comes down to the fourth quarter.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
PEOPLE LIKE TO BASE THINGS OFF HOW THE TEAM played against other teams, can't go off of that!! You have to go off of how we play against them
That is the point.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm just trying to make sure I follow the logic rules of those who say we have no chance against San Francisco next week. I assume that's partly based on the fact that the 49ers beat Arizona 35-16 this week while we lost to Arizona 28-16 last week.

By that logic since Kansas City barely beat the Jets (23-20) this week and we drubbed New York 30-10, then we have to be a couple of touchdowns better than the defending Super Bowl champs. And since we clubbed New England 38-3 and the Eagles squeaked by the Patriots 25-20, Philly should be afeared to even get on the field with us.

We actually also have one-up on the 49ers with our 40-0 victory over the Giants because San Fran only beat them 30-12.

Now again, this is not my take on things. I'm an any given Sunday guy, but if we have no chance against the 49ers because of what they did Sunday to Arizona, this season is looking pretty bright for us in the division and even in the Super Bowl, if we face the Chiefs. Of course, we'll need someone to knock off San Fran for us to get there.
We'll learn more about this team on Sunday. But I think its crazy to say the Cowboys can't win it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That is the point.
So I'm saying that SF may have struggled with the team they just played causing fans to say that team killed them by doing that. I'm saying until WE do it also, it's not a good point to make

gimmesix

Reaction score
We definitely have a chance against San Francisco, but we’re not better than KC or Philly until we prove it. Those two teams have proven they can win knuckle busters this season. We got into a knuckle buster against an average team that’s lost three games this season, and they dominated us. The only games we’ve won have been in blowouts. We have to prove we can come from behind and withstand a real challenge that comes down to the fourth quarter.
I don't disagree with any of this. My only point in using the absurd logic is to say we shouldn't be counted out against the 49ers as some seem to want to do.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Philly just doesn’t look right, but somehow even though their offense looks out of sync, they still threw for over 300 and ran for over 100 against a good defense team. I hope they don’t get it together. Their defense is counting on two rooks, two second year players, and two really old vets with a new coordinator.

We can beat them now. If they somehow figure things out, they will be a tough out for anyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So you made up a fake argument so you could argue with yourself.

lopey

Reaction score

Let’s beat them before we annoit them. Stop eating the cheese. We beat them we are better.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We'll learn more about this team on Sunday. But I think its crazy to say the Cowboys can't win it.
Right. We've got a lot to prove, but there are reasons to believe that we can. In all but one of our games so far our defense has looked like an elite unit. I hate that we're missing Diggs going into this rematch, but hopefully the defense can keep up what it has shown against the Giants, Jets and Patriots and won't look like what we saw in Arizona. The offense has done some good things and some not-so-good things, particularly in the red zone. It's hopefully going to be fun to watch.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Let’s beat them before we annoit them. Stop eating the cheese. We beat them we are better.
In one game at least. That's kind of the point. What San Fran did against Arizona has no bearing on this one game, just like us drubbing the Jets and Patriots has no bearing on whether we are better than the Chiefs and Eagles.

JayFord

Reaction score
everyone: beat SF then itll mean something

Dallas: *Beats SF*

everyone: SF had a letdown they beat mr irrelevant, they didnt do it in the playoffs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That is what you would get from this.
Well I have heard no one say we have no chance. And then you said you assumed it was something to do with the Chiefs. LOL

So yah, sounds like your making things up in your head and arguing about it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Well I have heard no one say we have no chance. And then you said you assumed it was something to do with the Chiefs. LOL

So yah, sounds like your making things up in your head and arguing about it.
Go read the postgame thread. And no, I don't assume it has anything to do with the Chiefs. Reading comprehension is your friend.

gimmesix

Reaction score
everyone: beat SF then itll mean something

Dallas: *Beats SF*

everyone: SF had a letdown they beat mr irrelevant, they didnt do it in the playoffs
We will certainly hear that if we win. I believe the reasoning for why we beat the Patriots so badly is that the Patriots had a bad game. However, us losing to Arizona shows our true colors.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't disagree with any of this. My only point in using the absurd logic is to say we shouldn't be counted out against the 49ers as some seem to want to do.
Many fans have lost confidence in beating San Francisco due to our playoff losses against them the past two seasons. We still have some of the same issues we had that cost us those games. They get the better of us in the trenches. Christian McCaffrey is going to be a real handful. You can bet the farm San Francisco is going to attack us on the ground which has been our achilles heel. Our redzone offense has been a huge concern this season. We won’t be able to stay within two scores of San Fran if we continue to struggle punching the ball in the endzone. We’re going to need TDs in this game because we’re going to have a tough time keeping them off the scoreboard. They’re a very efficient offense that ranks number two overall. Their defense is ranked fifth and is very physical. I don’t see the Cowboys winning this game, but they certainly have a chance. However, I believe we’re going to need some takeaways to do it. We’re going to need some breaks, which is how we’ve won our games this season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Go read the postgame thread. And no, I don't assume it has anything to do with the Chiefs. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Who cares what a couple trolls say. Get angry about it all you want.