We should cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers

Verdict

Reaction score
Cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers ....... and keep looking for another QB. Weeden and Vaughn aren't going to help us this year, nor will they likely develop into anything. I realize this is a move that is easily criticized if it doesn't work out, but this is a move that Jerry the owner/GM should make and move on.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
As much as I don't think Weeden is a good QB, it would not be fair to the other guys on the team to do that. Like him or Hate him, out of the 3, Weeden gives us the best chance to win a game if Romo is out. Even if that % is 1% that is better than 0%. I just don't think you can do that to the other 50 guys that are playing their heart out there. I am all for keeping Showers on the 53, as I have liked what I have seen. However, not as the #2. I am all for upgrading the #2 though and we should be looking for that upgrade, even if it means trading for it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Cut Weeden and Vaughn and go with Showers ....... and keep looking for another QB. Weeden and Vaughn aren't going to help us this year, nor will they likely develop into anything. I realize this is a move that is easily criticized if it doesn't work out, but this is a move that Jerry the owner/GM should make and move on.

Why would we go with Showers? He looks bad.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Showers is NOTHING MORE than practice squad material at this point...and I think Dallas is only going with two quarterbacks on the 53 man roster..

Sydla

Reaction score
These debates always puzzle me.

Yes, Weeden stinks. But we need a backup QB and unless the Cowboys find one somewhere else, Weeden is a better option than Vaughn or Showers.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
Showers projects as a practice squad candidate. Vaughn should be cut as that experiment has ran its coarse. Weeden is the backup like it or not.

Craig

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Showers projects as a practice squad candidate. Vaughn should be cut as that experiment has ran its coarse. Weeden is the backup like it or not.

Craig

It really is just that simple.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Might as well just go without a backup QB. They are unlikely to win a game with Showers playing QB anyway.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Weeden isn't good by NFL starting standards, but he is head and shoulders better than Vaughn and Showers.

I would love a guy like TJ Yates or even RGIII

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Weeden does a lot more for us than Showers, for a game or two. If Romo goes down much longer than that, we're pretty much screwed anyways.