We should give up on super bowl this season

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Because good teams got better and better teams got even better.

Contender for NFC seeds and division titles
Eagles: Got better defense
Seattle: they will retrogress this season
Vikings: Get better with Cousins.
Saints: Drew Brees and excellent coaching
Green Bay; Healthy Aaron Rodgers makes a difference. We know it the best when we played one legged version of him.
Falcons: Dont see them regressing. Will be similar to last season.

Question mark teams which can cause upsets
Giants: Getting better and have premium draft picks.
Bucs: Same 8-8 status quo.
Cards: might get better but a wild card team than a contender.
Panthers: Not sure which version will show up.

Where do the 2018 Dallas Cowboys fit in. Are we in the top category or bottom category where we struggle to make the playoffs. Even if we do, it is as wild card.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I havent expected a Superbowl since 07.

Not buying the giants. That offense has been trash for 2 years straight. When i see it change I'll believe it.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I would be happy with an nfccg appearance. And even that has little hope.

aria

Reaction score
I thought we were supposed to wait until half way through the season to start hoping for losses?

It honestly makes me nervous as well but every year this happens. A bunch of teams add certain players and all of the sudden everyone gets all down. At least half of those teams, if not more, never pan out to be any better than years prior and many times they regress (ie the Giants last season compared to the season before).

The Eagles and Rams (mainly Eagles) are my biggest concern. They went from a mess to SB in a just a couple years and now they seem to be making more good moves. They must actually have a GM who knows what he’s doing, a great coach and an owner who knowshis place.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I get the ones that want to give up on the season after having a 1-2 or 2-3 start to a season but before free agency official starts? Thats a new one.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
putersmash.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sorry but let's see how the season plays out. In 2014, we lost the 3 best players from our franchise worst defense (Hatcher, Ware, and Lee) and Tony had major back surgery and the team went 12-4 when most predictions were around 5-11.

Not saying I am currently liking what I am seeing and predicting a good year, but I'd hold off on doom and gloom too.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
All that's needed is for Zeke to stay out of trouble and Dak to be an above average QB no matter the circumstances. A 1T and LBers that you can count on to stay healthy would be nice, but the team isn't so far off and looks to be relying on getting those things in the draft.

Strong QB play can offset a ton of problems.

canters

Reaction score
It is a long season brother. I would argue Commanders have skipped as well..... Cousins is better than Smith.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
If we get to the playoffs, we have to get past at least 3-4 of the below teams. Do we have the players, scheme, coaching, game-time decision making to run 4 straight victories. As of personnel, we are behind since we sit out in FA.
As of coaching, we are behind. You need good defense to beat Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Wentz, Brady in a sequence.

Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Packers
Patriots.

Sitting pat in FA doesnt work any more. This is the time where championship teams get assembled. We are hitting hard on a penny slot machine (draft) to become rich while better teams are sitting on a poker/blackjack table and making calls based on the card given.

Who would walk out with more money if the above approaches are taken?

Dorsett33

Reaction score

Green Bay; Healthy Aaron Rodgers makes a difference. We know it the best when we played one legged version of him.

Where do the 2018 Dallas Cowboys fit in. Are we in the top category or bottom category where we struggle to make the playoffs. Even if we do, it is as wild card.
Well let's just forfeit 2018 and work on 2019.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

YODA-REACH.jpg