We Should not Overpay For Tank

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They should have signed him after last season. It's a tough situation. They need to get better inside to reap the benefits of his play. Without him, they are not nearly as good up front.

RamziD

Reaction score
Yes, let’s sign a tier 2 DE and then use the $5-6M savings for a backup S or OG. Championship! :facepalm:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The market should reflect the switch to interior lineman for teams over DEs,so hopefully they stay within those parameters.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Tank is an enigma...……...he is too good to let him just walk and he is our best defensive lineman, but...…

He disappears like Casper the Ghost when we get into December and January.

Personally, I tag him again...……….I am very hesitant to give big money contracts to guys that play small when the games get big.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He's a UFA. Unless we franchise tag him again, he can sign with anyone. If we don't pay him ... someone else will.

I feel like John Gruden started this post....

You resign your best rusher...should be our top priority. But knowing this staff....Jesus who knows. I don't trust this organization to do anything right anymore.:rolleyes:

Rayman70

Reaction score
if someone wants him for 2 first rounders, Im all in. Love him...but business is business.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He made himself a target with those soul comments. I saw him getting double and triple teamed against the Rams, nobody else really stepped up...

Randy was blocked by Whitworth one on one and eliminated.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If we don't pay what he's worth, someone else will and yall will be *****ing about the pass rush next year.

sideon

Reaction score
Tank is an enigma...……...he is too good to let him just walk and he is our best defensive lineman, but...…

Personally, I tag him again...……….I am very hesitant to give big money contracts to guys that play small when the games get big.
he has a torn labrum and he was still getting pressure.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You do realize Tank is THE pass rush, there are no others. You really want to roll into next year with Crawford, Gregory, Taco and Armstrong????
:facepalm:
Untwist them matey!
There will be 50 others trying out next year. Give it time.
You are too involved with Tank.

Chrispierce

Reaction score

He’s really good,but not elite class. Got to show up in the big money games like LA to warrant the elite contracts. So I’m with you,tag him if a more honest deal can’t be worked out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
he has a torn labrum and he was still getting pressure.

But he did the same thing last season too.

Now if he was hurt last season as well, then there is a durability issue that needs to be discussed before giving a long term contract.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
We could have close to 80 million in cap savings when you factor in a few moves.

1 Cap raises
2 Cuts of Lee, T-Will, Hurns, Joe Thomas, Ehringer, CJ Goodwin.

Cap hell is over, and Lawrence is going to be here for a few more years at the very least.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You do realize Tank is THE pass rush, there are no others. You really want to roll into next year with Crawford, Gregory, Taco and Armstrong????
:facepalm:
Of course not, but a smart team simply doesn't allow 1 middle tier edge rusher hold them financially hostage.