We should've signed Ced Wilson over Gallup

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gallup has largley disappeared for whatever reason. The Cowboys are playing Tolbert over him a ton now. Only play I remember Gallup even being on the field for last night was when Detroit held him beyond five yards.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I don't think it would really change much. Wilson has had 21 receptions for a team that defenses has to cover Hill and Waddle.

Mannix

Reaction score
Mannix was singing this from the mountain tops when they let Ced walk....then I took a bunch of crap on here for calling Gallup toast.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Remember, the Jones’s like to act like they outsmart everyone else with their draft picks, resigning them even when they ain’t all that (Gallup, Steele, collins etc)

quickccc

Reaction score
Ced was great as a backup ..3rd or 4th WR, also helped on special teams as a punt returner, which Tolbert cannot
help in that area. And he's lousy as a gunner (2 fake punts on him)

But frankly the team was not gonna pay out what he got from Dolphins, for a 3rd and 4th WR,
and once injuries start piling up, he was once buried on the back of the depth chart, despite his salary.

Cowboys meant Gallup to the 2nd WR, not Ceddy. They re-signed him to be the 2nd WR, not Ceddy.
They drafted Tolbert to be the new Ceddy Wilson, ..the jury is still out on Tolbert.

quickccc

Reaction score
Brooks is WAY better....crazy they aren't using him.
Maybe Brooks presents a serious challenge to Tolbert come next camp.

But if there is a WR prospect in the mid and late rounds of next NFL draft that Wil McClay group is really big and high on,
I hope not to pass him over for the sake of our current backup WRs.

in just very limited time, i liked what I saw from Brooks. Fluid and agile. and seemed more NFL ready as a rookie than
what Tolbert was as a rookie.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He cheaper and more versatile. gallup was faster ced was quicker.
Wilson has produced as many catches and yards the last 2 seasons as Gallup has produced this season. Gallup has struggled, but I don't think signing Wilson would have been the solution either.

HanD

Reaction score
It wasn't long ago Miami was trying to dump ced cause he isn't worth his contract. He's only seeing time cause waddle is hurt.

CWR

Reaction score
Gallup is gone. He isn't the same guy or the system doesn't suit him or whatever. He's gone.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Wilson was the wr I wanted to retain. I always thought he had very good chemistry with Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Is this the Cedric Wilson with 21 catches on one of the most prolific passing teams in the league or is there an alternative universe where Cedric Wilson is a good player?

Silverstar

Reaction score
We need to take bpa oline, lb, or quick wr, in round 1.
Not sure any prospects will have 1st round grades where we'll be picking though. A trade down and getting a 4th rounder back might be the best move.

Reactions: CWR